Spawnster

AW Refugee Camp/IGN List

190 posts in this topic

During certain hours during EA phases with notable shutdown periods in between. Note the risk of account reset.

theres no "risk" of account reset its guaranteed to happen when open beta comes. NA server usually runs from 830 am to 3pm australia time on weekdays and 24 hours a day from saturday morning to monday afternoon

To be honest I'm not really keen on the way the devs are proceeding with balance. They are lowering the skill ceiling to appeal to a wider audience. I haven't had much interest since the last update.

To be honest I'm not really keen on the way the devs are proceeding with balance. They are lowering the skill ceiling to appeal to a wider audience. I haven't had much interest since the last update.

Hello. Please elaborate. I'm interested in your view.

Hello. Please elaborate. I'm interested in your view.

The main thing I don't like is the hamstringing of MBTs with crappy mobility, gun handling and view range, forcing them into wot heavy tank style gameplay with all the peek a boom that goes with it. Also

-AFVs shredding equal tier MBTs frontally with HE

-moving AFVs requiring half a body length lead to hit at point blank range from an MBT

-LT balance vs MBTs makes MBTs irrelevant

-Selective accuracy of vehicle models vs balance 'let's keep the T-90s 80mm lfp for accuracy but make the Centauro 155 a TD'

-The depth of the game ie vision mechanics and vehicle classes in a PvP random environment makes for a whole lot of 15 - 2 wins/losses. All it takes is for the other team to have 1 extra AFV that has a clue and you're screwed. Most battles are decided in the first few minutes.

-Map imbalance and design

-Ramke is a perfect example of how effective their internal testing is re balance.

-Glaringly obvious gameplay balance issues that haven't been fixed.

What I meant by skill ceiling is that AFVs and LTs require little ability to take out most MBTs of equal tier. Use view range and it's gg in most situations. If the MBT goes to hard cover race in anyway as it'll likely miss you.

Hopefully long term they resolve some of these issues but I strongly suspect the way they are going is intentional in order to keep the game watered down as much as possible. Basically, if you like winning and want to carry every now and then you have 2 options - AFVs and LTs.

The main thing I don't like is the hamstringing of MBTs with crappy mobility, gun handling and view range, forcing them into wot heavy tank style gameplay with all the peek a boom that goes with it. Also

i kinda disagree although they could cut down the aim time on mbts

-AFVs shredding equal tier MBTs frontally with HE

they just need to buff the AP pen and nerf the dpm of afvs.

-moving AFVs requiring half a body length lead to hit at point blank range from an MBT

the shot delay needs to go. i have no idea why its even in the game

-LT balance vs MBTs makes MBTs irrelevant

completley disagree high tiers LTS lose a lot of pen and this hurts them against thick skinned targets

-Selective accuracy of vehicle models vs balance 'let's keep the T-90s 80mm lfp for accuracy but make the Centauro 155 a TD'

eh its olny closed beta

-The depth of the game ie vision mechanics and vehicle classes in a PvP random environment makes for a whole lot of 15 - 2 wins/losses. All it takes is for the other team to have 1 extra AFV that has a clue and you're screwed. Most battles are decided in the first few minutes.

do agree here a good AFV driver can easily swing the tide in the right circumstance

-Map imbalance and design

comparatively speaking their not horribly designed compared to wot but they do need some work

-Ramke is a perfect example of how effective their internal testing is re balance.

fuck dutch the shitter all he does is play it and has the fucking balls to say its not op

-Glaringly obvious gameplay balance issues that haven't been fixed.

clarification here would be nice

What I meant by skill ceiling is that AFVs and LTs require little ability to take out most MBTs of equal tier. Use view range and it's gg in most situations. If the MBT goes to hard cover race in anyway as it'll likely miss you.

completley disagree generally speaking AFVs and LTS require a lot more work to stay alive and be sucessful. their potential is greater but you have to work for it

Hopefully long term they resolve some of these issues but I strongly suspect the way they are going is intentional in order to keep the game watered down as much as possible. Basically, if you like winning and want to carry every now and then you have 2 options - AFVs and LTs.

again completley disagree. high tiers expecially the meta is basically MBTs

Disagree

Written from the perspective of a T-90 driver. I can see why you disagree, there are 2 sides to it. I played 2 battles after the mid-EA3 update. I honestly haven't got the interest in AW at the moment to clarify and debate some of the points.

Terminator is confirmed OP. (Made 1.5mill in my double)

high tier AFVs are either OP as fuck or UP. MBTs as it stands are the worse class to play imo. 

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed on my side as well that most PVP games are one-sided. Had a couple of turning the tide Domination wins with 2-3 tanks down when higher HP pool and stronger armor left.

I have the impression that Vision control and guarding the flanks is much more important vs. WoT given the size of the maps. In particular, when cross-fired in a  partially exposed position, you're done.

What I mostly like is the speed you can reach even in MBTs.

the shot delay needs to go. i have no idea why its even in the game

Shot delay? As in you click the mouse button then there's a noticeable pause before the gun actually fires?

If so they had the same thing in MWO for those with high ping connections, which was one of the reasons why I stopped playing that. I believe they fixed it eventually but it's a nasty problem for those with high ping.

Written from the perspective of a T-90 driver. I can see why you disagree, there are 2 sides to it. I played 2 battles after the mid-EA3 update. I honestly haven't got the interest in AW at the moment to clarify and debate some of the points.

yeah thats cool i was just sharing my opinion, lords know im no tank expert so i may well be wrong

Terminator is confirmed OP. (Made 1.5mill in my double)

high tier AFVs are either OP as fuck or UP. MBTs as it stands are the worse class to play imo. 

ive actually enjoyed playing MBTS and am loving the t80 presently. maybe im missing something

Shot delay? As in you click the mouse button then there's a noticeable pause before the gun actually fires?

If so they had the same thing in MWO for those with high ping connections, which was one of the reasons why I stopped playing that. I believe they fixed it eventually but it's a nasty problem for those with high ping.

for me anyway with 200 ping there is a noticeable delay of .5 to 1 second between the time you click and the gun fires. brawling is simply horrible. leading targets can sometimes be hard (easy to account for tho) but its olny one of many optimisation problems in the closed beta and im not going to complain about it unless it survives into the proper launch. at which point i will get quite salty

I'm holding off playing AW for now....will just play a few to test here and there.

The latest update has made my fps drop from 40-60 to 30-40, which sucks.

i think its important for people not to get burned out by early betas which, by their nature test a players will to keep playing the game. its probly better to just try out a few tanks and wait until they fix a lot of things before getting to commited.

personally ive got in expecting little and havent been disappointing yet.

i think its important for people not to get burned out by early betas which, by their nature test a players will to keep playing the game. its probly better to just try out a few tanks and wait until they fix a lot of things before getting to commited.

personally ive got in expecting little and haven't been disappointing yet.

Yeah a lot of my salt is likely due to burnout.

I cant seem to find myself playing as much as i did earlier. Burnout.

The T-64 grind is killing me. The T-62 seemed pretty good by comparison.

PVE's have been enjoyable, but only to an extent, you get bored with the same missions pretty quickly and the spawning of the enemy tanks seems a bit silly.

Re PVE, you have to be careful in activating them one at a time so to net get swarmed. In EA3 release 1, one nest activated when I drove through their spawn point. I was suddenly surrounded by 3 MBTs. Would like to try the hard mode.

My guess is a number of things are at play.

One is the freshness of concept. Which from all reports AW isn't given most people call it a WoT clone. Next is exciting new maps and balance... which from what i hear oscillates between 'yay, new arty mechanic' to, 'maps with vision mechanic'. Interestingly the corridors and agent orange approach to WoT maps didn't win a lot of favour. Beyond that is purty graphics. They look purty to me at least, not sure how that would sustain a player base.

So yeah, i suspect WoT vets will struggle with a few of the wow factors. I guess we'll see.

Pretty good summary Ezz.

While i enjoyed it to begin with and really wanted to enjoy it moving forward, there are still some issues that i find difficult to adjust to. Sometimes the outline doesn't highlight on the enemy, so you can be unsure that you have a line of sight to the target. While the maps look pretty, they can be a bit busy, which is a distraction in itself but also lends itself when the afformentioned issue happens ie; you don't realise that you can shoot the turret of that enemy tank until he shoots you.

The latency is a little bit of an issue, but i think the greatest killer is the delay in firing your gun. It is very easy to be circle jerked in your MBT by an IFV.

I haven't played a whole lot but i'm still coming to terms with the vision mechanics and how they work.

Learning is hard , right? That's what i'm putting my experience down to. Learning curve.

Pretty good summary Ezz.

While i enjoyed it to begin with and really wanted to enjoy it moving forward, there are still some issues that i find difficult to adjust to. Sometimes the outline doesn't highlight on the enemy, so you can be unsure that you have a line of sight to the target. While the maps look pretty, they can be a bit busy, which is a distraction in itself but also lends itself when the afformentioned issue happens ie; you don't realise that you can shoot the turret of that enemy tank until he shoots you.

The latency is a little bit of an issue, but i think the greatest killer is the delay in firing your gun. It is very easy to be circle jerked in your MBT by an IFV.

I haven't played a whole lot but i'm still coming to terms with the vision mechanics and how they work.

Learning is hard , right? That's what i'm putting my experience down to. Learning curve.

also the tanks in general are a lot more mobile than  WOT so they game play is more dynamic and battles can swing at the most unexpected times given the relative ease at which tanks can relocate. i find you really need to be keeping tabs on your mini map a lot more than wot just to track where the flow of tanks is.

Just logged in for the first time since it pretty much came out

fuck i get confused just being in the garage

someone teach me plox! 

add me, Politx. Carnt.

Also, I must have ran over a school bus of midget leprechauns. Who honestly gets a fwarkin cold in 30 deg+ weather and a long weekend to boot.

Hemanathan_SG on AW, about to get the Founder's Pack so I can grind prems and skip arty to get dem MBT commander :^))))

Course I have to actually download the cilent first, but I have to find ex-HDD to stick it in!