Storm

Internet Boats - SEA edition

191 posts in this topic

To reduce the amount of clutter in the already bloated name & shame thread, here is a thread for discussion the various aspects of wows on the SEA server for all the various SEA baddies who aren't yet aware that other subforums are indeed a thing.

Also I need people to carry me in pontoons or whatever they are called because I am [email protected] and forever alone atm. ;_;

WWWW and alt tab start of every battle.  Then browse some educational websites.

Enjoying it and want to rename my ship to the rubber ducky.

Not really keen on playing PvP till they fix the issues, but the vs bot option is good and stress less. 

Cant see this having much staying power though, not like tanks.

I don't mind boats, but its hard to play extended sessions in it. Cause it can get boring sometimes with all the distances to travel...

Yeh definitely, the slower pace means that it can never be as addictive as wot, but it's good for a few games every now and again.

Cant see this having much staying power though, not like tanks.

But with a horde of weeaboos behind it...

its not very fun though

i just yolo around and torp shit and die :^)

That's because you're a baddie :^)

Haven't played since Alpha Test. Turns out that despite being a slower-paced game than WoT, it's still unplayable with lag spikes (read: my normal game internet in WoT) because shots still fly over the place and torps evasive maneuvers is hard to do when your ship is stuttering.

I wanted to like it, but somehow it didn't click with me because of the reasons above. And because I didn't get the Iwaki Alpha coz stupid lag won't let me get enough games to claim it.

I am enjoying it still.

It is good for a break from tonking.

Still some RNG bullshit moments though, but i dont try to even take it as seriously as tanks.

Open for plats if im on. _Sabre_ is my WG ign these days.

I'm poking around in boats a bit. IGN is Avenger_of_Chesto for the handful of people who actually care. Only at T2 at the moment, as I only play 3-6 matches at a time.

It's actually not a bad game, once you ditch the US destroyers and go Japanese. US Cruisers are good. I'm up to the tier 3 Jap DD and the tier 4 US Cruiser.

Also, when you play, try and spot the caucasians.

Also, when you play, try and spot the caucasians.

Yes I like to look through the team lists during the countdown and see if I can spot any non weaboo's.

It's all Yamato and poi.

So just making sure, no shared premium for open beta?

Also presumably a wipe at release?

Accounts are shared as far as premium time is concerned.

However, "gold" is not.

I believe that as Fox said there will be no more wipes moving forward.

I'll have to bot with you Joc.

Had another good night last night with Karl and Reaps(Hatman). Platooning is where it's at for maximum fun.

grab me anytime someone is doing low tiers. Only up to 4 so far shooting bots.

sea tanks was great practice for that mode..

So just making sure, no shared premium for open beta?

Also presumably a wipe at release?

As damo mentioned premium is currently the only thing shared between accounts, but gold should be sometime soontm. The closed beta to open beta phase was essentially a soft launch, definitely no more wipes (I would say unless you're a bot, but I think we all know how competent WG is in that regard).

Had another good night last night with Karl and Reaps(Hatman). Platooning is where it's at for maximum fun.

Any day I can throw reaps under the bus is a good day. 

Weird. Had a go a few days ago. WoT premium still has many months worth but no premium in boats. Both accounts on the Asia server.

Will have to check again and hassle support probably. I wonder if boats support is faster than tanks support.

Well Otto, i bought some pre-release premium ships that came with premium time. Those days were allocated to both WoWS and WoT accounts.

It could be that at the moment they are a little slow on the tanks to ship premium transfer. Suffice to say premium bought in ships will be added to tanks.

I believe that the "gold" rate is being looked into, but as with all things WG, you can bet that if ships looks to be popular, they'll keep it separate; so as to generate more income stream. 

WoWP had been the only precedent, and i think we can all agree it was a failure. It's accounts were fully integrated with WoT so as to at least make the game appealing for existing WG customers.

I seriously don't like this game

Maps are too open you can't really do anything but sit back and snipe, which is kinda boring

Gameplay is too slow, x2 or at least x1.5 will make it slightly more interesting

The power of the horde is too strong compared to WoT

Or I'm just a baddie.

Anyway add me up on WoWS with the same IGN as WoT if you wanna carry a scrub