Storm

Internet Boats - SEA edition

191 posts in this topic

From what i saw on NA, getting the 2 side by side caps allows you to herd the enemy team away from them. 

It was the Furutaka that put me off the line. US DDs seem to suit me atm after some experience on NA. Hunting poi DDs is fun.

that gun traverse is sooo painful

From what i saw on NA, getting the 2 side by side caps allows you to herd the enemy team away from them. 

It was the Furutaka that put me off the line. US DDs seem to suit me atm after some experience on NA. Hunting poi DDs is fun.

B is a bad time at higher tiers. Dem tier 6+ boots can shoot you from up to 20km away, you do not want to be derping around in the middle of the map in that environment.. Typically the SEApubs will try secure A or C, then look at trying to fight their way into a position where capping B is possible. DDs are the only things that should be contesting those middle caps early (the exception is Ocean of Ice, where cruisers can actually snag both middle points relatively easily).

I don't remember the Iwaki Alpha being this good, or profitable... glad to be back on board WOWS as WOT has it's usual bug-fest weekend during the new patch...

Iwakiresult1.jpg

Iwakiresult2.jpg

Iwakiresult5.jpg

add me pl0x, going home soon to play boats/tanks, maybe tempted to play some ships to get my first t4(after barely playing 24hours have researched and bought all tier 3, and well on way to research all tier 4. need to buy more slots, but gold from wot isn't showing up on wows :((((( )

add me pl0x, going home soon to play boats/tanks, maybe tempted to play some ships to get my first t4(after barely playing 24hours have researched and bought all tier 3, and well on way to research all tier 4. need to buy more slots, but gold from wot isn't showing up on wows :((((( )

Guldz dont transfer. Only prem time, cos WG wants your shekels.

Having the Pensacola, Mutsuki and the fucking Furutaka in the garage at the same time is making me want to kill myself. At least the New York isn't so bad...

When I played the Penascola it didn't seem so bad, granted that was mostly back before the AP nerfs/HE buffs so I don't really know what it's like now.

OP Cheatland at it's best......my punishment for all the wrecking is the Pepsicola.

shot-15.07.25_11.29.50-0750.jpg

You should post that in the wows subforum carry thread, one of them is having an interesting time using the Cleveland's AP pen...

I actually didn't mind the Pepsicola in closed beta

It gets a bad rep because it isnt horribly OP like preceding three ships. Doesnt make it bad, just shows that WG cannot into balance, and people find it hard to let go of their biases.

Are we thinking about the same Phoenix here karl? The one I know of is anything but OP.

Tier 4 US cruiser, fairly decent rate of fire and gud AP ammo, at a tier where most of the baddies havent worked out what that does yet? That Phoenix? Or the kind Suggy supports?

Also does 35knts, so can chase down/run away from pretty much anything it wants and dodge incoming like an overgrown DD. Kinda shitty AA tho... And if you arent paying attention its very very easy to get into trouble in it. I liked the hell out of it, still have it actually. 

That doesn't make it OP, that just means pubbies are dumb.

Did I not mention its counterpart is the Kuma? Fewer guns of smaller caliber and lower range, armor is even worse, citadel is enormous. Its got a slightly better RoF and some more torps to make up for that, which in my estimation makes the Phoenix much better suited for the roles a cruiser has to play. And at that tier, you can even take on the BBs if youre willing to play "dodge the return fire" because fires are sorta broken and lower tier BBs dont have the same range advantages.

Id say that good mobility and punchy guns are pretty much the most important thing a ship can have going for it in this game, and the Phoenix has that in spades. Its especially noticeable in the lower tiers where you can basically ignore the BBs on domination mode, and put a fair bit of damage in against them if you have to fight them.