Storm

Internet Boats - SEA edition

191 posts in this topic

Mobility is important for the later stages of domination games, but otherwise doesn't make much of a difference, once you choose where you are going you're committed to a flank regardless of whether you're in a South Carolina or a Shimakaze, and as far as punchy goes, they're only punchy if the other team's cruisers are giving you their broadside.

the Phoenix is a very average tier 4 cruiser, it's not bad, but it's not OP.

Already seeing some bots really appear.

St Louis driving into a island at the start and never moving again/ firing.

Also a Tenryu in the same battle firing randomly but not moving at all.

Considering a name change for Embazzling_Submariner

Currently have

Enola_Gay

Paul_Tibbets

Poi_George

Unit_731

Alexandra_Hospital

Burma_railway

FatBoy

LittleMan

Epinions?

I don't get this boats thing. Is carrying just simply harder than tanks?

Running at 43% with a 905 average XP :(

I think it is. On Asia anyway. I got up to 52.4% late last week, it's slipped back to 48 something.

On NA I am at 62%, but less than 100 battles.

Yeah its a lot harder for a single boat to carry, you arent as flexible and its a lot harder to shoot things without being shot back. Doesnt help that the low tiers are filled with newbies who run around like headless chooks.

Considering a name change for Embazzling_Submariner

Currently have

Enola_Gay

Paul_Tibbets

Poi_George

Unit_731

Alexandra_Hospital

Burma_railway

FatBoy

LittleMan

Epinions?

I think it is. On Asia anyway. I got up to 52.4% late last week, it's slipped back to 48 something.

On NA I am at 62%, but less than 100 battles.

Poi George gets my vote.

So naughty on so many levels.

What karl said, plus as a result of the simpler mechanics and comparatively more RNG individual skill has less of an impact, unless you happen to be [email protected], in which case win rates of 80%+ are possible, like this fellow.

Considering a name change:

Enola_Gay

Paul_Tibbets

Poi_George

Unit_731

Alexandra_Hospital

Burma_railway

FatBoy

LittleMan

So many good choices. Register new accounts for them all!

Steel is apparently disillusioned with his baby. He apparently misunderstood one of my posts and launched into a rant about MM, and managed to piss me off in the process.

In other news, Myogi still utterly shit. Being continually bottom tier is not helping me deal with that fact either, low tier BBs are fucking toxic in the current build. Get shit on by everything, and can barely shoot back. Why you give ship 6 guns and awful accuracy and RoF WG? 

Steel is apparently disillusioned with his baby. He apparently misunderstood one of my posts and launched into a rant about MM, and managed to piss me off in the process.

In other news, Myogi still utterly shit. Being continually bottom tier is not helping me deal with that fact either, low tier BBs are fucking toxic in the current build. Get shit on by everything, and can barely shoot back. Why you give ship 6 guns and awful accuracy and RoF WG? 

The same way all tier 4 HT are crap (except for Pz B2)?

Steel's ranting in WoWS now? But there's no gold rounds in WoWS yet right?

I blame the Wyoming and South Carolina for a lot of my win rate issues. I do OK in them, just generally far too late to stop the rest of the team suiciding strait into torpedo volleys. Wouldn't be too surprised if the individual win rates in those two are hovering around 20%.

I blame the Wyoming and South Carolina for a lot of my win rate issues. I do OK in them, just generally far too late to stop the rest of the team suiciding strait into torpedo volleys. Wouldn't be too surprised if the individual win rates in those two are hovering around 20%.

I dont think Im doing quite that badly, but Im definitely not enjoying myself. It doesnt help that Im a massive cruiser whore, and am used to being able to hoon around and abuse anything that isnt a BB, while raining precision HE hell upon the BBs I do run into. I vaguely remember the Kongo being a more enjoyable experience, and the Fuso having enough guns to make up for its other inadequacies. Hopefully thats still the case, or I forsee a long grind to the Yamato.

got my first T4 (Phoenix) got a 1300 base game first match stock. Fuck BBs etc. #cruizerlyfe

Just to make sure I'm not doing something completely stupid with battleships in regards to ammo type.

Destroyers: Always HE

Carriers: HE to light them up, then AP

Cruisers and Battleships: Always AP

Is it worth using HE against cruisers and battleships at long range or just stick to the AP?

Appears to depend on how big your guns are and how far away. Bounces are common at long range for the Myogi and Wyoming vs same and higher tier BBs, CAs it kind of depends, the squishier Japanese ones you're going to go right through unless you citadel them (Tenryu and Kuma say hi). I've been going with first salvo HE unless inside 8kms and it seems to be working for me. The Kawachi and the South Carolina don't know what range is so should be AP all day erry day for BBs and CAs

got my first T4 (Phoenix) got a 1300 base game first match stock. Fuck BBs etc. #cruizerlyfe

Things change after tier 6. The cruisers get a bit bigger, a bit slower and lose a fair bit of DPM when they go to the 8" guns. You do actually get armor that kinda works against other cruisers and destroyers at tier 8 or so, but the game becomes a lot more about AA and providing fire support rather than actively attacking everything you find. Oddly at tier X, the US cruisers go back to the spammy DPM playstyle again. Because WG. #Cruiserlyfe anyway.

Also, Storm I think maybe boats forum is not working out so well for us, we seem to be spending most of the time antagonising other people (even if they are being utter morons). It may be that WoT forums has turned us into bitter, angry forum personas.

Is this about potoroo? I was bored and thought calling him a stat denier would produce some interesting results, apparently I am mad from an imaginary conversation we had about battleships.

Potoroo? He's still alive?

Not sure, but if you see splatt, and if he hasn't sold his account and is under new management, tell him he needs to learn how to work the mid town on fishy bay. K thnx.

Potoroo? He's still alive?

Yes, he spends most of his time whining about how battleships are all terribly underpowered... but still plays them more than any other class. :kjugh: