iihii

Spahpanzer SP I C

159 posts in this topic

Its just a fat ELC that loses its apcr in exchange for shitty heat and far worse mm for what it has, its not worth playing.

It has an AP round that feels like an HE round. It has a <800 damage clip autoloader, and it has neither armour or speed. The only good thing about this is that it leads to the RU.

Spitz. German Spitz.

Since he's NA, he's probably referring to the shortened name: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spic

Gotta love WG.

From what I've seen (I haven't played it yet, hopefully will fix that tomorrow), the autoloader is not worth it. The gun performance it loses out on is simply too significant, and the autoloader has 3 seconds in between shells anyway, so it's not much of an autoloader.

The single-shot gun however looks interesting. Having a juicy 240 alpha damage with acceptable penetration sounds like a much more pleasant grind than the Awfulpanther.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I haven't had time to play it more than once, not very impressed so far. Feels pretty sluggish, and the AP round is a little bit derpy. Nice gun depression though (15 degrees I think) and the clip loads reasonably quickly with the rammer.

From what I've seen (I haven't played it yet, hopefully will fix that tomorrow), the autoloader is not worth it. The gun performance it loses out on is simply too significant, and the autoloader has 3 seconds in between shells anyway, so it's not much of an autoloader.

The single-shot gun however looks interesting. Having a juicy 240 alpha damage with acceptable penetration sounds like a much more pleasant grind than the Awfulpanther.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I think the reload timer would be around 7 seconds, which to me feels like a bit too long for comfort.

giant pile of shit tank

the real question is...

is it better or worse than the awful panther?

worse, afkpanther had very good acc/dpm/velocity. This thing cant snipe except vs stationary targets, and even then its a derp gun.

It's a tank that tricks you into thinking it's fast, and then you just over extend or can't get places fast enough.

It tricks you into thinking you have view range and camo and can scout.

It tricks you into thinking you can actually yolo and clip people.

Very sneaky tricky tank, from what I've been told you have to fight with the tank itself the entire battle just to get damage and spotting.

Since he's NA, he's probably referring to the shortened name: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spic

Gotta love WG.

wgna is having fun censoring its name on the forums, even though that is the ingame name. 

I'm enjoying it so far, the shell velocity is the worst part ;-;

yeah, its painful.  which round has better shell velocity?  

does the mobility become enough once you've got the top engine?  Its crazy to me that 16hp/t feels so sluggish, are the terrain values terrible?

Not that bad, 250 pen HEAT are ok for TX games, but its heat :(

The only real shit thing is the shell velocity, god awful. Already aced it too, but its easy now few players play it decently. AP rounds have ok pen with 180 but the shell velocity is god awfull too, feels like HE travel.

The real good thing about this tank is the gun depression, man that's lovely. They may concider reduce to 2sec between shots to make it an good tank.

P.S: Still no wn8 expected value on wotlab and other sites ?

Welp, first match in my new SPIC:

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka 
Vehicles: Spähpanzer SP I C
Experience received: 3,171 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 38,842
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker" 

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=132037#personal

First impression? This shell velocity and gun dispersion are going to drive me nuts. Also sorely lacking in gun elevation (minor detail, but any AMX 50 120 users out there??)

It really is amazing that no one thought to come up with a different abbreviation.  Heck, the very first time I typed it months ago it was clear there was a problem.

---

AP - 630 m/s
HEAT - 630 m/s
HE - 338 m/s

Last night I was experimentally switching shells to figure out which had better velocity.  The numbers are horrifying but not surprising.  I missed every lead shot at range.  At least in the RU I'll will be able to switch to HEAT to get reasonable speed.  I'd rather grind out the RU with the 1375, but I'm very happy to not be using the AFK.

Anyone know what the camo values are?

They may concider reduce to 2sec between shots to make it an good tank.

Actually, having a 2 second intraclip time would solve 2 problems, the poor dump time and the dpm, it'd be 1964 instead of 1662.

agWim0f.png

Actually, having a 2 second intraclip time would solve 2 problems, the poor dump time and the dpm, it'd be 1964 instead of 1662.

agWim0f.png

Yeah the 2 sec is not going to make it OP, just good tank.

Wotlab still not counting wn8 on this thing tho :) 0 wn8 is stronk for stat peddin

yeah, its painful.  which round has better shell velocity?  

does the mobility become enough once you've got the top engine?  Its crazy to me that 16hp/t feels so sluggish, are the terrain values terrible?

There's no saving the mobility with upgrades. All top modules and the thing moves like a snail.