iihii

Spahpanzer SP I C

161 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

@Madner KamiCommander/Loader/RO     SS, Camo, SA, Recon, Repair

Gunner/Loader                   Snap, Camo, Armourer, DT, Repair 

Driver                                  CB, Camo, ORD, Smooth, Repair

Gun handling and mobility > concealment?  I can see CB (for active scouting and getting out of trouble), but I'm less convinced about Snapshot...

And armourer over repair is a curious choice - that seems to me to be firepower > getting out of trouble, which falls in line with playing it as a med?

4 hours ago, Tanager said:

Gun handling and mobility > concealment?  I can see CB (for active scouting and getting out of trouble), but I'm less convinced about Snapshot...

And armourer over repair is a curious choice - that seems to me to be firepower > getting out of trouble, which falls in line with playing it as a med?

Meh, don't take that as anything other than my initial starting point for a 3 person LT crew and for the record I can be a "cheap ass" like the OP (of the merged thread) at times, and just train skills/perks without resetting after every one.  FWIW sometimes I like to line up all the camo and/or repair as the case may be.  IMHO all the weaknesses of the SP I C are relatively equal so there is no magic skill setup that mitigates the worst offenders and makes it playable.

Other than sixth the rest are debatable for order of importance/preference.  With a bigger crew I generally go sixth, camo, camo, safe stowage for a more balanced first set followed by Camo, Snap, Clutch, camo.

I'm a Clutch ahead of ORD (and smooth) as I find it helps poorly traversing tanks and improves juking, angling, and maneuvering about getting shots.  Yes ORD helps as well (on med and soft terrain) but I find the minor speed increase of importance and value much less often.  

For Gunners, the most effective role specific skill is Snap and there really are no better candidates (its equilivent to 37.5% of a Vstab).

Repairs vs Armourer may be a good debate and to be honest I have just recently started experimenting with Armourer, based on a recommendation.  If we assume that in LTs your dead or blowing your repair kit to get out of trouble then in the case of that HE hit that took your gun and tracks, Armourer allows you get back into the fight a little sooner rather than waiting for the repair kit cool down while the early repair skill doesn't get you out of trouble or back in the game sooner (I do like repair but just prioritize it later). 

In today's meta, LTs have to fill many roles and be able to switch between those roles multiple times during any given match or engagement which is why passive setups are so limiting; while at the end of the day most of us play to shoot and kill chode  tanks...

8 hours ago, Tanager said:

We're definitely a bit off-track, but wth...are there scouts in which one should run BIA instead of vision skills, b/c of the boost to mobility?  Or is that falling into the "playing scouts as med-lites" you were describing, do you think?

Nope. None. Even the mentioned LTG should run camo before bia. It may run bia before vision skill but with high base camo the camo skill does wonders. To give you an example when I reached my 5th skill (started grinding it) in my 13 57 and reset 100% camo on the loader to 100% bia and started camo from 0 i lost 5-6 camo. What I gained? A few m of vr, marginal improvements to gun handling and reload. That change really made sense once camo was back to 50-60 %.

To give you an example a fully kitted LTG vs a Patton also maxed for vision (but verts instead of vents).

No camo skill LTG with paint is spotted at: 405m

50% camo skill (1/2 crew have 100% camo): 351m

75% camo skill (3/4 crew have 100% camo): 334m

100% camo skill (4/4): 317m

So 50-100 camo is 34m. 1/3 of a map square on large maps. So going to some bushes may be impossible, you lose valuable spotting positions or get constantly spotted from a given ridge and have to spot a whole ridge back. 

Funny thing to dispell the myth that meds are better at scouting - most meds don't have camo skill so a stationary patton will be spotted by you 402m. This means even a total shit view range light can outspot a great view range med. This also means that if you know what tanks the enemy team has you can easily predict where you can be spotted and active spot the shit out of their team. Though yeah often the spotting positions are in spotting range and you will have to hide in cover between spotting runs.

7 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

You run BIA mostly because of the boost to literally everything. It's a skill that not only enhances the basic crew skills, but also synergizes with actual crew skills. It enhances Repair, it enhances Camouflage, it beats Recon in terms of view range bonus (Situational Awareness in and of itself is superior to BIA in regard to absolute view range bonus, but I'd still advice BIA over Situational, due to the bonus to Camouflage you get). BIA is not really worth a whole lot, before you get either Camouflage or Repairs (depending on the vehicle in question).

I think it's a question of preference and crew layout on a tank. If you can have BIA without sacrificing Camo, 6th and arguably sit awareness than yeah run it but some tanks have silly crew layouts and one crew member hoards all the valuable skills. 

11 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Nope. None. Even the mentioned LTG should run camo before bia. It may run bia before vision skill but with high base camo the camo skill does wonders. To give you an example when I reached my 5th skill (started grinding it) in my 13 57 and reset 100% camo on the loader to 100% bia and started camo from 0 i lost 5-6 camo. What I gained? A few m of vr, marginal improvements to gun handling and reload. That change really made sense once camo was back to 50-60 %.

A valid point.  (To be fair wrt the LTG I didn't explain it well or explicitly state camo before BIA, but answered in relation to the question asked which was BIA before view range).

11 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

A valid point.  (To be fair wrt the LTG I didn't explain it well or explicitly state camo before BIA, but answered in relation to the question asked which was BIA before view range).

I think BIA over camo makes sense on tanks with med like camo. Hell it makes more sense on LTTB than LTG since LTTB plays better as a light/med plus it base camo is worse. Though I still went for camo since I love focusing on spotting. 

Put equipment on it as advised.

Tank is now playable.

This is not how balancing departments are supposed to work, but the 268V4 already tells us how WG works.

Just tried an early arty run on Stalingrad, because everywhere else was full or suicidal for a slow autopen paper box.

Missed first shot due to cancer gun handling even with vstab, then got run down and rammed-shot by the tier 7 French arty (he didn't splash himself to death despite me shooting him in response), who then continued to push me and casually flipped me over onto my side before I could get a second shot in on him. Then his buddies finally caught up and killed me.

I would put a replay here but WoT-Record is only accepting replays from Version 9.21, and the file is 736 KB instead of under 501 KB like this website requires.

I don't give a wooden nickle about the semantics of whether or not I should have used repair kit on tracks or whatever. when artillery can run down a light tank (sure, he hit me like 0.5 seconds after I hit a junk pile, but he was closing the range so fast it was quite obvious who was going to win that contest) just because the latter is weaving evasively on rough ground (speed bleed), it's time to give up playing the light tank in question, so I went "ahahaha no fuck this" and didn't bother repairing anything so that I could leave the match sooner.

Armour: AUTOPEN EVERYWHERE, 0/10

Gun: Shooting on the move does not exist, shell velocity is a joke, alpha/spike is bleh, turret does not exceed hull traverse. 0/10

Mobility: Gets run down and rammed, shot, and flipped by French arty before you can reload twice. 1/10

Size: Tall enough to be shot by French arty which has literally 0 gun depression. 1/10

Overall rating: FUN (short for FUCK YOU NOW) tank.

Trying to get the 20K bonus XP on this turd for this weekend event.

Playing heavies is to pad out 5K+ slabs of damage each game

Playing the mid-tier TDs in lines I have yet to grind out is 2K+ slabs.

Tries to get last bits with SP I C: Goes at most 600 up per game.

Perhaps I should not have come back to this game for the event.

Oh well, at least it's a useful way to negative stat pad.

Mediocre but basically serviceable is my take. Special shout out to the stock gun which handles like a derp gun but isn’t, so the joke is always on you. Top gun isn’t much better.