The_Illusi0nist

Don't you just hate it when your team does TOO well?

27 posts in this topic

We have all had more than our fair share of suicide teams... you know, matches where the end score is something like 1-15.  But what do you think about when you have the team that kills everything before you even get the chance to fire a shot.  I find this situation even more frustrating because at least I could do some damage if my team flops on their back like a turtle.  So I am going to leave you with two questions:

What's you opinion on the matter? 

How would you make matches more "even"?

If this is happening to you a lot then one of a few things is happening:

1) You are part of the pain train and are pulling your weight and kicking ass

2) You're a camping try-hard that didn't respond to what was happening early enough and doesn't deserve to get any damage/xp (if this happens to you in an LT/Medium you need to do some soul searching)

3) You're grinding the T95 

Nah, I'm ok if my team does too well.  Because 9/10 times the next match I'll be on the receiving end.......with no lube......

dont like being on either side:( sometimes i feel like i want a battle, a challenge, a fight where both teams are fighting constantly for the advantage, where one wrong move from you or the enemy can cost you greatly. When the rushing starts and the score is 8-1 or any such combination, regardless of how well i did or did not do i will admit i didnt really enjoy it:/ (unless i am in a tank that i hate so the suffering ends faster:S)

I love those kinds of battles. Most of the time because I'm in a tank that is capable of always being at the very front and dealing a ton of damage at the expense of my 14 teammates (4k+ dmg as top tier e50 with next person having <2k). The farm is real!

Basically you have to be really aggressive and be able to maximize your dpm by mechanically outplaying everyone who comes in front of you.

If your definition of steamrolls are 5-15 or 15-5, then that's like 6 out of every 10 battles on SEA. Not even kidding. Driving super slow tanks (anything < 25 kmph) on this server is just cancerous. 

Oh, and I thought it was cute how Jingles mentioned he's never seen 15-0 before. 

Don't care what the final count is or how much damage I did\didn't do.  I WANT TO WIN, and sometimes that can take 45 seconds or 45 games.

I just want to win, apparently that is too much too ask.

Shfty©

Hasn't the average game time dropped by a minute over the past 12 months?

I wouldn't go as far as to say the amount of roflstomps has increased, it's mainly time and number dependent but I would say the amount of close games seems to have dropped, in my experience.

Those 15-12 and upwards squeakers seem to be rarer and rarer.

15-5s and under were my definition of roflstomps but they're increasingly common, might have to revise that.

15-5 games are generally actually still pretty close. Normally those game come down to people not securing kills so it creates a rapid snowball. A lot of 15-5 games could have easily gone the other way. 15-3, 15-2, 15-1, and 15-0 I would consider the steam rolls but even the 15-3 can be questionable at times.

Steamrolling the other team can be unfortunate from a damage perspective if you're in something slow or misread the game and got stuck at the back while the rest of the team annihilates them, moreso if it's your daily double or whatever, but I really can't say that I mind losing, even if I derped out and did nothing, winning is always good.

When I sense a Steamroll over the enemy team incoming I am trying to be as agressive as possible, basically never let 'W' go.

When you're driving a slow brick (a la t95, t28, maus, etc.), you're fucked tho.

If you're not there getting damage during steam rolls, you're not the reason why you're winning.
If you're near the front you'll usually end up with the most damage buuuut if you're in a slow vehicle you're fucked.

Too sucky, too good... either way hard to get damage in for a mediocre player like me :( Either I am too aggressive and die or too passive and behind everything..

If it's ever 15-1, I'm probably the 1 guy dead

can confirm.

Play until you're satisfied. I've had games like that, where I do like 4k in my is3 and lose cause bad team. Then next game I do about 1k and roflstomp the other team. Yeah it sucks if that's you double, but whenever I do a "doubles" session, I usually play until I have a satisfying game in each tank. Usually only takes one to three games before that happens.

If you're not there getting damage during steam rolls, you're not the reason why you're winning.

Nobody gets the damage in a 4 minute steamroll. The reason you're winning is the difference in setup/skill.

I loathe these kind of battles. In 4 minutes your tank's limitations of mobility/dpm make sure that your battle can't be good.

When I sense a Steamroll over the enemy team incoming I am trying to be as agressive as possible, basically never let 'W' go.

When you're driving a slow brick (a la t95, t28, maus, etc.), you're fucked tho.

This...when I see via XVM that our team has 2 purples, 4 blues and 4 greens and 1 red and the other team has 2 greens and 5 reds, I know I am going to have to be more aggressive than I normally would if I am going to get some damage. Half the time at least, I always seem to be on the flank they leave open, and I have less targets while their lemming train gets raped by my team.

Nobody gets the damage in a 4 minute steamroll. The reason you're winning is the difference in setup/skill.

I loathe these kind of battles. In 4 minutes your tank's limitations of mobility/dpm make sure that your battle can't be good.

Its definitely less than usual but there is still -some- damage to be had if you're the deciding factor/steamroller.

Like getting 1.5k~ damage in a KV-5 because you're at the front may be less than normal but its better than nothing.

I can react if I just need to goose W more to keep up with a rolling fire front, it sucks however if you decide to go a flank, and the enemy essentially decides not to show up. "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came".  You go to spot that usually sees action but the enemy lemmings the other side. Think Murovanka magic forest. By the time you figure out that all you are fighting is a couple of scouts, and double back to the action on the other flank all the fun is over. Well more often you'd be the stompee not the stomper but its not a given :) 

So I have a 68% win rate in my 183 since I bought it in 40(ish) battles. I'm almost positive in those wins I've done next to nothing in all but a handful. My avg damage is a paltry 2200. The losses and actual close games though I go crazy and do plenty of damage.

Steamrolls are frustrating in slow tanks

They are fine in mediums, they are absolutely ass in everything else. If you platoon a lot, these are somewhat common. There's no legit way to deal with it in heavies & some TDs, you just sort of bend over and watch your T-54 platoonmates farm 10x your damage while you gently caress your "w" key.

Steamrolls are cancer: Even if you're farming damage, you're farming less damage than if your teammates were just good/bad enough to get a stalemate mid-game. WG's insane powercreep over the years just means that it's too easy to shift a massive damage advantage to one flank and crush it: If the average pubbie wasn't such a shitty coward, those TDs and autoloaders would fucking roll through every flank ever by pressing W and sharing the hits while blapping people for 1-2k damage per clip/shot. Actually try to imagine if those JPE/183/155 platoons went around the same corner at the same time: Sure, they'd lose a bit of health each but that's about 3-4k damage to your team if they each fire one shot. If the 155 gets to unload, bump that up by another 1500, by which point the other two are nearly reloaded. Similarly, a T57 platoon can shit out 4800 damage in six fucking seconds.

The average game time has gone from nearly 7 minutes back in beta to about 5 mins now, of which almost the entire first minute is travel time (depending on map and tank). I wonder why, m80s.