Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

3,636 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Haven't posted here since LAST YEAR top kek

Just finished Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (IK I'm a bit late).I actually watched the first 6 episodes back in September but then shit happened and I couldn't get around to finishing it until now.I don't understand why it got so much hate.I thought it was quite entertaining.

Also; I watched the Little Witch Academia short.It was absolutely amazing.Can't wait for the show.Will watch the movie when I have time.

ALSO also; The winter season looks pretty lackluster.I'll only be watching like 4 shows,unless I find something super interesting 

BTW what were your guys' favorite shows of 2016 (excluding the ones that haven't ended yet)

Meh Kabaneri was good up to the last third when a certain somebody shows up and derails the show.

Top 10 in no particular order
Ajin (both series)
Konosuba
Boku No Hero Academia
Re:Zero
Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Mob Psycho 100
Erased
Fune wo Amu
Yuri on Ice
Keijo

27 minutes ago, LordSilen said:

Meh Kabaneri was good up to the last third when a certain somebody shows up and derails the show.

Top 10 in no particular order
Ajin (both series)
Konosuba
Boku No Hero Academia
Re:Zero
Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Mob Psycho 100
Erased
Fune wo Amu
Yuri on Ice
Keijo

Kys

@robosapieo

hope you didn't enjoy kabenari to much, due to the conflicting schedules of AoT and Kabenari, S2 For zombies on a Train won't be ready until late 2018-early 2019. It was also revealed that Kabenari was the reason for AoT being delayed so much.

18 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Kys 

:nyes: 
I can respect it for achieving exactly what it set out to be, completely shameless and stupid fun, nothing more nothing less. Fan service can be good thing when it's not tacked on or cliche imo.
Hence why the To Love Ru series left a horrible after taste in my mouth when it descended to be nothing more than a stupidly predictable fan service show.
Best fan service in the industry mind you, but FUCK THAT SHIT.:nmad:

3 hours ago, LordSilen said:

I can respect it for achieving exactly what it set out to be, completely shameless and stupid fun, nothing more nothing less. Fan service can be good thing when it's not tacked on or cliche imo.
Hence why the To Love Ru series left a horrible after taste in my mouth when it descended to be nothing more than a stupidly predictable fan service show.
Best fan service in the industry mind you, but FUCK THAT SHIT.:nmad:

^

Thanks for saving me the trouble of saying the same thing.

9 hours ago, LordSilen said:

I can respect it for achieving exactly what it set out to be, completely shameless and stupid fun, nothing more nothing less.

Didn't Flip Flappers do the same thing,while also having a good plot and characters?

18 hours ago, robosapieo said:

BTW what were your guys' favorite shows of 2016 (excluding the ones that haven't ended yet)

1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
  2. Flip Flappers
  3. New Game

All very much worth watching.

So I was recommended Youjo Senki and its good, nice sound effect, the explosion is satisfying to watch and hear, and animation is also smooth, just that... why a loli... I can't take it seriously whenever the main protagonist being shown as evil or menacing.

18 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

So I was recommended Youjo Senki and its good, nice sound effect, the explosion is satisfying to watch and hear, and animation is also smooth, just that... why a loli... I can't take it seriously whenever the main protagonist being shown as evil or menacing.

b/c manga and reasons.... also its not that bad of manga/ln 

omfg fucking ew.... just watched the first 3 minutes of the anime ep 1.... fucking ewww.... art is like some disgusting mis mash of toradora and other shit.....  

just like lockhart said, the quality isnt that bad... i just don't like the art style that much...

of the mc.... to much contrast muh dude

or.... the other female.... idk... something about the art style of some things is so triggering to me

16 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

wow... what a shit first ep 

someone is triggered lmfao :triggered:

6 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

omfg fucking ew.... just watched the first 3 minutes of the anime ep 1.... fucking ewww.... art is like some disgusting mis mash of toradora and other shit.....  

just like lockhart said, the quality isnt that bad... i just don't like the art style that much...

of the mc.... to much contrast muh dude

or.... the other female.... idk... something about the art style of some things is so triggering to me

See, there's good bits of action and effects used but the usage of the atmosphere and scene with the MC and her supposedly menacing presence is being betrayed by her character design. Also how the mouth is drawn at times is just :doge: 

On an unrelated note, expecting meme tier but pleasantly surprised

:oscar: 

I'm a couple years late, but I finally saw Odyssey of the Celestial Ark. I find Yamato 2199 particularly special because it's the show that got me into anime. I had a friend that saw StarBlazers when he was young and recommended that I watch 2199 as the OVAs were first starting to come out. Needless to say, I was hooked and I suppose it went downhill from there depending on your perspective.
Watching the movie did make want to rewatch the series, seeing how I pretty much forgotten the majority of the show by now. With 2202 having been announced, I don't really have an excuse not to rewatch it...

...except for the fact that I seem to hate rewatching anything. But I'll make an exception here

On 12/24/2016 at 1:29 AM, KraftLawrence said:

I remember being slightly disappointed at the different animation in season 2, but then quickly switched to "OMG S2 SO GUD". My impression of season 1 was that it was pretty good but nothing special though...

I also did not like the s2 animation at first but then realized it actually reflected the feeling of the animu and also yukino effectively with the slightly washed out lighting and also the characters' facial expressions (esp yukino). The most obvious example was the "sad smile" that yukino had and overall I thought the animation of both seasons were good reflections on their respective "feel".  

After rewatching the show (since I watched it on CR first and the subtitles were shit so it got really confusing) I think most of S1 was just building up for S2, if you rewatch s2 first then watch s1, you will have so many aha moments it's surprising. Also the little things like if you try to keep track of every time the "camera" shifts to a characters mouth or clenched fist you will notice that they do it only in response to a specific situation all compound. I will have to read the ln now it's so good. I am just rambling...

I also read this article after rewatching and it reflected a lot of my thoughts about the show although I don't agree with all of it 

http://kotaku.com/never-before-has-an-anime-reminded-me-so-much-of-high-s-1727135415

Only my first anime and already animu is lyfe...

What do I watch next? I was recvomended a couple of shows(I think I watched one episode of code gease but I don't remember any of it) but none of them really appealed to me (maybe too quick to judge?). Any recommendations of shows that are similar or somehow have the same appeal?

I don't have words to describe what I saw. Out of everything in the Celestial Ark movie, there is one thing that I remember above all else. I've literally gotten out of bed a couple times just to go back and look at it.

j4w07F3.jpg

This might be the greatest things my eyes will ever see. The angle, the length, the position...

IT'S PERFECT

And with that, I'll be back to rewatching 2199.

While occasionally looking back at that.

For those in NA, who's interested in some good quality anime merchandise?

Mostly gundam, re:zero, and SnK variety.

On 1/7/2017 at 1:07 PM, Lockhart77 said:

On an unrelated note, expecting meme tier but pleasantly surprised

:oscar: 

Glad I'm not the only one who likes this type of remix anime weeb music :3.

Finished 2199. I had forgotten so much of it that it hardly felt like a rewatch. I'm sure I don't need to justify why it was a really fucking good watch so I'm just going to say it was really fucking good and go to sleep now. Binging a 26 episode show in one day... haven't done that in years.

4 hours ago, TriggrHPY said:

Glad I'm not the only one who likes this type remix anime weeb music :3.

Now that is just straight up meme tier :doge: 

You need help yo