32 posts in this topic

Is Wargaming Zynga in disguise?

As we all know, Zynga is famous for making shitty facebook games that kickstarted the 100000 invite spams in the notifications. As well as milk you of money by making you wait for ages and offering pay2win methods.

The first and most common example, Farmville. <3 farmville, i got to a super high level logging in once a day to spam clicks for 5 minutes. Does it still exist?

Anyway, lets call this.... CW1.0. Yes. That'll do. Chip spam gallore. Exploited like how i exploited Farmville. Spam enough time and win. Or in this case, chips + bots. 

"Lets fix this" they said.

Now there is a Farmville 2.0, made to suck your wallet dry again. Admittedly i never played it. Much like...

CW2.0. The most retarded shit I've ever seen. Not only is tier 10 land miniscule, but tier 8 makes good gold, and is rather large.

and what the fuck is this tier 6 shit? Oh, they have played assualt for a tier. Lets let them play Clan wars.... 7v7 coz that'll help teamplay in 15v15. 

Oh, i missed something. Strongholds influence. 100 max in tier 6. Okay. 150 in tier 8. Still alright. 400 in tier 10. What? 400? Now i have to waste credits BEFORE i get onto the map? World of Microtransactions making us GRIND for end game content? Spend MORE money to have fun at end game? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This does rectify the problem with CW1.0. They didn't make enough money out of it.

Has Zynga moved on? Did they assimilate with WG to suck more wallets dry? Is this the expansion of the Zyngdynasty?

Wait you lose money in strongholds? Thats how literally everyone in top 20 on NA makes all of their cash, pref 8s are a thing of the past.

You know you grind boxes, use them to be able to activate credit bonus and then you activate credit bonus and then you play tier 10 stronghold, and voila, you make credit bonus boxes back and get influence for global map. And you make credits :facepalm:

^ I made 2 mil creds and grinded out a whole tier 6 tonight in Sh's.

though i still think influence is absolute bs, at least on sea, maybe things are different on other servers.

I think in one day of playing tier 8 strongholds with 2 different clans, I came out 2 million extra credits with my is-5.

Wait you lose money in strongholds? Thats how literally everyone in top 20 on NA makes all of their cash, pref 8s are a thing of the past.

^This so much this. Yesterday I took a short break from ships to run fastbois with my fellow forehead worshipers. In around 40 mins I made around 13,000 convertable XP and over 250,000 creds. Also, it is fun as fuck to ram Type 64's with the Berlin Cromwell.

^ I made 2 mil creds and grinded out a whole tier 6 tonight in Sh's.

though i still think influence is absolute bs, at least on sea, maybe things are different on other servers.

Who is that in your sig/avatar

I think your theory is fueled off of drunken rage.........

On the matter of strongholds though, if you are losing money you are doing it wrong.  Easily can make around 250k minimum up to 500k mid, to 650k max.....

I think in one day of playing tier 8 strongholds with 2 different clans, I came out 2 million extra credits with my is-5.

and now imagine with a credit bonus of 50%, so probably 3.5 mio

Did i miss the tier 10 bit, in talking about stronks?

Tier 6s are still the cred grind haven. Best tier ever... for creds. 

But not the global map.

Played Tier 10 Stronghold just now, made 1 mio credits in 2 hours, no problem. 2k influence probably

Oh, i missed something. Strongholds influence. 100 max in tier 6. Okay. 150 in tier 8. Still alright. 400 in tier 10. What? 400? Now i have to waste credits BEFORE i get onto the map? World of Microtransactions making us GRIND for end game content? Spend MORE money to have fun at end game? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This does rectify the problem with CW1.0. They didn't make enough money out of it.

For those unfamiliar with the stronks meta and or exactly how CW2.0 fixes everything... can you explain what this is all about?

Slightly amusing that Fox is the only person in the whole Asian PETCO brigade who has even bothered looking.  RIP CWs.

Well, it would help if we werent all dead or playing boots.

The problem I see is the amount of effort the whole endeavor requires. We used to CW on a pretty casual basis, we'd hop on, score a few missions and go do something else for a week. Now in order to do that, we have to spend a day playing stronks first, which can only have a positive effect on the infamous KAC attention span... 

On the plus side, I see theyve realized that the tier 6 stronk rewards were much better than the tier X ones in terms of effort required and rewards/min. Stll think it would be faster to just blitz a bunch of tier 6 stronks than get 15 guys together to run a bunch of tier X games right now.

Wait, you have to stronk first if you actually want to CW?

The way I understand it (from skimming something for about a minute), you need to use a resource called "influence" that you generate from stronks in order to perform actions on the CW map. 

So influence is like boxes except used for CW instead of buildings and stuff.

So influence is like boxes except used for CW instead of buildings and stuff.

Pretty much.

You need influence to land on the map. 

We did think of breaking out PBFG alts for some tier 6 strongk and CWs shenanigans but it tripped over a pile of Apathy someone left lying in the doorway.

Ezz, cw2.0 explaied basically like this:
Each TZ still have Landings, these landing are free to attack on, instead of chips you have a "division" which you get for free in a landing zone tournament. So you can attack on the global map without influence, and if you win the final you will earn some influence. 
From then on you will need influence to build divisions to push out and attack other provinces. Divisions cost more than your earn in 1 battle, so you will need to play stronks, or attack a crapload of LZ's to build up influence. In addition each Division has an upkeep cost, the 1st two days is free (essentiall the "turn" your build it, and the next day) then you must pay an upkeep cost. Example, a tier 8 division costs you ~ 160 influence and 40 influence p/day to maintain.
That's the 1st way to land on map and it doesn't cost influence.... initially.

Secondly you can instead bid on any land on the map by spending influence. Each province has a min bid - max bid limits. If the defender (land owner) outbids you, the battle doesn't take place, the defender loses their influence and the attackers have their bid refunded. If the attacker wins, same deal. So no land is protected by holding LZ's hostage. Note: once your division's are on the map, you can push divisions into adjacent provinces without the auction system, the bidding is only for attacking from off map onto non-LZ provinces.

So that's the background info and the answer is yes, you must stronk to CW's, at least on asia server. You will never earn enough influence by fighting to remain on the map, in tier 8 you earn ~ 80 influence for a victory, costs you 160 for the division to make that attack if you had to build a replacement division to hold land. Otherwise its now 40 influence per day per division upkeep once the free time is over. So if you wanna hold land, you must earn influence.

Thanks.

Sounds like they've replaced chip spam with stronk spam.

I have still never seen tier 8 let alone tier 10 stronks on played the Asia server.

I have still never seen tier 8 let alone tier 10 stronks on played the Asia server.

Well if you don't run 8s and 10s you will never see one of those,simply because you don't run them.

Who is that in your sig/avatar

Finish character from Sense8 on Netflix. Glad I could contribute to the discussion.