no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,582 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Secondaries are the only thing worthwhile on the Konig and Bayern, and will completely shred any cruiser or DD that gets too close.

Y U TuchTail so good???

Really getting boned by the Right click "free-look" view and returning to a standard view. It seems as if the view becomes "confused" and takes an in-ordinate time to return to zoom. Not to mention reversing the zoom to target aircraft which are inbound.

Could some of the purples explain their zoom mods if any and other view setting recommendations?

o7,

33'

OK, here's one for you: Main Battery Gun Mod 2 on Jap DD (Fubuki) I ran out of money and thought I would try it out as an equipment piece and you know what? Not that bad. I will trade 5% dpm in order to track an enemy DD that much better.  Japanese DD HE is actually pretty good when your  guns have the traverse speed and it saves you from spending any captain points on expert marksman.   Sure its not a brawler or gunboat, but when you need it it can work, especially running into another Jap DD.  

And its not like aiming systems mod gives you anything that good either, torpedo tubes are plenty fast already and a little better accuracy for main guns that only shoot 10km is a pretty marginal buff...

Which Benson hull for randoms: B or C?

14 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

Which Benson hull for randoms: B or C?

B. The C hull is a pubbie trap. It costs you 20% of your gun fire power and all you gain from it are two twin 40mm mounts.

C hull is used only in competitive play as you get Defensive AA, which is pretty useful because the enemy always has a CV. In ranked tho you better stick to the B hull

I had a friend who played 2,000 games of World of Tanks before he found out accidentally that there is a sniper view. 

Last night, after more than 1,000 games played in World of Warships, I was told that there is a setting (default off) that has the camera track your locked target. :(

2 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

I had a friend who played 2,000 games of World of Tanks before he found out accidentally that there is a sniper view. 

Last night, after more than 1,000 games played in World of Warships, I was told that there is a setting (default off) that has the camera track your locked target. :(

That's off by default? I always thought that it was on. 

I don't like having the camera locked to my target. 

41 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I don't like having the camera locked to my target. 

If you can learn to live with it it's an incredibly helpful targeting tool with faster firing ships. For example, if I'm in my Zao or Moskva and I have the broadside of a cruiser but get the aim wrong slightly it's much easier to finely adjust the aim to hit what I want to hit when the game maintains the track than to try to eyeball the new aim point.

1 hour ago, OnboardG1 said:

If you can learn to live with it it's an incredibly helpful targeting tool with faster firing ships. For example, if I'm in my Zao or Moskva and I have the broadside of a cruiser but get the aim wrong slightly it's much easier to finely adjust the aim to hit what I want to hit when the game maintains the track than to try to eyeball the new aim point.

I'm also using it to maintain target acquisition while I zoom out between shots to get a better look at the battlefield. It's taking some retraining but I think it's going to be a big help. 

13 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

That's nothing. It took me over 7,000 battles in WoT to learn that you could sell things in the depot.

13 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

That's nothing. It took me over 7,000 battles in WoT to learn that you could sell things in the depot.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

30 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Flifthy inferior Euro trash. Don't you mean: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

21 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

Flifthy inferior Euro trash. Don't you mean: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Filthy non weeb trash don't you mean ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

On 2/21/2017 at 11:23 AM, OnboardG1 said:

What is that, like $5 these days?

11 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

What is that, like $5 these days?

Only if we're talking CAD.

On 22/02/2017 at 6:54 AM, How_Terrible said:

Filthy inferior Euro trash use €€€€€€€€€€.

His use of £££££££££ clearly labels him as a Filthy wanna-be-post-euro trash.

I'm loving the British cruisers, the Danae was certainly a WG cockblock, but I thought it still was decent, you just NEVER seem to get an overpen on you from anything at any angle.  I'm at Leander now, which is certainly my favorite thus far.  My winrate is fantastic in it, 75% and I feel like I contribute a lot to each match, as my exp is often high (1430 avg), but I struggle to do damage.  I'm at 30k avg which is much higher than I would have even thought, because 22-27k seems the norm.  How do I get more consistent gun damage to BBs in it?  I seem to notice about 1/4 of my shots pen BBs from side.  I have been mildly more successful straight from behind on the rudder etc.  Should I be aiming waterline, deckline or for bridge and structures? 

18 minutes ago, Vitellius9 said:

How do I get more consistent gun damage to BBs in it?  I seem to notice about 1/4 of my shots pen BBs from side.  I have been mildly more successful straight from behind on the rudder etc.  Should I be aiming waterline, deckline or for bridge and structures? 

Aiming at the waterline will just shatter your shells against their belt most of the time.  Aim for the superstructure, unarmored bow/stern areas when they're broadside, or any secondary casemates.

The Leander is a pretty fun ship. I played one game in her last night 116K. (33K from torpedoes, 11K from floods, the rest from AP) Pretty much aim as Mesrith describes on BBs. I chunked a lot of HP from 2 New Mexicos and a Bayern last night because I was on their flanks behind an island and they had to angle against our BBs which left their juicy sides open to me.

Basically I played that one game and was like 'I don't think I can top this performance, it'll all be down hill from here' and logged off for the night. lol

I got the leander from convoy missions, and I don't like the way it plays. It feels sluggish and has slow turrets. Major off-putter for me. I can handle that if it had a semblance of armor, but it doesn't.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I got the leander from convoy missions, and I don't like the way it plays. It feels sluggish and has slow turrets. Major off-putter for me. I can handle that if it had a semblance of armor, but it doesn't.

After sailing with IJN cruisers for many a moon the turret traverse on the Leander feels down right speedy in comparison. lol The ship's handling feels a little deceptive. At first glance it seems sluggish as you describe, however it can actually juke and weave pretty well for a cruiser. It's definitely saved my bacon evading BB salvos.

Hey guys, could anyone point me to some good general guide about the basics of this game? I have played like 50 games or something and that's sometime last year, but would like to try again, and would like to know some basic stuff without learning everything the hard way...thanks! And any good tips about fun & easy to play ships would be appreciated also. I don't have premium account or any gold, but don't mind spending few euros if that makes game significantly more enjoyable.

Edit: Wait, premium account from WOT is shared to WOWS? That's nice.

56 minutes ago, HS5 said:

Hey guys, could anyone point me to some good general guide about the basics of this game? I have played like 50 games or something and that's sometime last year, but would like to try again, and would like to know some basic stuff without learning everything the hard way...thanks! And any good tips about fun & easy to play ships would be appreciated also. I don't have premium account or any gold, but don't mind spending few euros if that makes game significantly more enjoyable.