no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,371 posts in this topic

I use it on my American DDs since their rudder shift is already pretty good

Thx so far, hope question will get another couple of answers.

The smoke mod?

1 hour ago, 33nfidel said:

The smoke mod?

Which one? The one from a super-container?

3 hours ago, 33nfidel said:

The smoke mod?

The only mod worth using is the 50% longer speed boost, the rest are trash.

The smoke mod that shortens overall duration but is active 30% longer would be good on a Perth, but that's about it IMHO.

Thanks guys, yes. I got another speed boost from a container (love to say super but they are pretty shitty and rare to boot). I equipped both of the speedboost mods but have not bothered with the spotting plane or smoke mod as yet... Like the speedboost and think that would be brilliant on a little Russian RC DD boat for zipping around at breakneck pace...

Yuggy..... :cri:

13 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

The only mod worth using is the 50% longer speed boost.

I bet they're gonna be pretty cool on the upcoming French cruisers. 

21 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

The only mod worth using is the 50% longer speed boost, the rest are trash.

Hydro can be useful on Z-52 (rare ship), and Radar can be useful on Moskva or even Des Moines if you want it to be more division-centric and are fine with giving up Concealment.  But yeah, Speed Boost is the only one that's universally useful.

What ship is the best winrate option for a two-men div with a Yamato? Excepting CVs of course.

Gearing?

7 hours ago, CompanionCav said:

What ship is the best winrate option for a two-men div with a Yamato? Excepting CVs of course.

Gearing?

Probably.  Gearing is my go-to destroyer for tier 10 divisions, as it lays the best smoke, has great concealment and can screen for torpedoes while killing or driving away enemy destroyers.  It also brings Defensive Fire to the table.  The torpedoes are adequate for forcing a target to either eat the spread or turn broadside to your Yamato.

What do people think of the Muts and Fubuki lower tiered versions?

Are they mere shadows of their former selves?

As I just got the Shinonome and have Camo for the Fubuki thought I'd ask for opinions...

ElPCLgT.jpg

So I've been trying to learn carriers, and I've been doing pretty well in the Hosho, and my 1 game in the Zuiho, but I find I still have trouble with managing. I tend to start off skirmishing with fighters, and then once I have an indication of where the enemy planes are, I make my strike. However, I still find I struggle against AS Bogue, because my fighters simply can't deal with them. What are the best methods to counter this cancer, especially with the Zuiho losing it's only ability to fight USN fighters, with strafes.

22 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

So I've been trying to learn carriers, and I've been doing pretty well in the Hosho, and my 1 game in the Zuiho, but I find I still have trouble with managing. I tend to start off skirmishing with fighters, and then once I have an indication of where the enemy planes are, I make my strike. However, I still find I struggle against AS Bogue, because my fighters simply can't deal with them. What are the best methods to counter this cancer, especially with the Zuiho losing it's only ability to fight USN fighters, with strafes.

Um, I don't know.  Good luck with that.  They're making tier 4-5 carriers an absolute clickfest and removing all aspects of player skill, what little existed at those tiers.  Get to the Ryujo as soon as you can.

2 hours ago, Mesrith said:

Um, I don't know.  Good luck with that.  They're making tier 4-5 carriers an absolute clickfest and removing all aspects of player skill, what little existed at those tiers.  Get to the Ryujo as soon as you can.

Ain't happening before the patch. RIP my carrying ability.

Is there any point in selecting the "try your luck" containers anymore? The last four super containers I've gotten have all been those stupid upgrades that no one uses because they're all trash. The only one that's useful is the speed boost one and maybe the hydro one. Today for instance:

qBzyh6n.jpg

59 minutes ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Is there any point in selecting the "try your luck" containers anymore? The last four super containers I've gotten have all been those stupid upgrades that no one uses because they're all trash. The only one that's useful is the speed boost one and maybe the hydro one. Today for instance:

I don't actually know anymore since that patch i've gotten 2 non upgrade supercontainers and it was just 50 camo.

lol I haven't gotten a 'supercontainer' since they changed them in 6.1 I think it was?

I've only ever gotten 4 supers.  1 was the spotter, 1 was 15mil creds, one was flags and the last was 5k free xp

15million? Damn i could use that right now. The one I got (last year) was 5 million.

On 3/16/2017 at 7:38 PM, Mesrith said:

Hydro can be useful on Z-52 (rare ship), and Radar can be useful on Moskva or even Des Moines if you want it to be more division-centric and are fine with giving up Concealment.  But yeah, Speed Boost is the only one that's universally useful.

Threw hydro on my Lo Yang. It might be my DD choice for ranked if it is Tier 8. With the hydro mod, it lasts as long as the smoke. So a nice benefit. Only problem is it is basically C-hull Benson but with hydro you lose the DF also...maybe I'll just be an asshole and bring the Kiev.  :P

Question: Targeting Aquisition Mod. As far as I recall, the bonus from the modification/upgrade did stack with the hydro's torp detection. Does that also apply to the hydro's ability in regards to spotting ships?

HALP!

Team Fire or Team Water?  I don't want to get stuck on the uncool kid team .....

[-K-] Kraken is going Water, due to a gigantic aquatic cephalopod being our mascot and such.

I hope RUST goes water as well - Combining salty water and steel is the prime creator of RUST!

On 1/18/2017 at 0:01 PM, Jarkorsis said:

There have been reports that captains left in premium ships have been retrained to the premium ship, not the original. So people not on NA may want to move all captains back to their non premium source ships.

GLORIOUS OXIDATION!!!