no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,367 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen any articles on "farming free XP"?

Just trying to decide a best option from:

1. Using specific ships; Anshan/Tirpitz with their (+100%) Camo' &/or Papa Papa signals (+300%.)
  2. Which ships for The New Year 2017 camo' (+200%)  +Papa Papa signals (300%) 
  3. P2P conversion (which seems like taking the piss imo)
  4. Combination of all of the above.

1 Seems OK but a little too slow and do daily doubles actually make a difference to free XP...?
2 Which is working well with a specific Gneisenau because +3% and -4% seem almost expendable..
3 Not my preferred option because I prefer to not repeat past mistakes.
4 Keep on keeping on...

Just really like to read some member's thoughts and experiences as I'm currently on about 176K with 180(ish) NY camos and about the same amount of PP signals...

Edit adding two links:
http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/68211-best-way-to-get-free-xp/
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/4c28jr/credit_and_free_xp_farming/

Personally I would just pay to convert my banked XP since we can't put it towards captain training like WOT does for crew training. I usually wait till I get some gift cards though, like I have a birthday coming up and its almost a guarantee someone will send me a gift can't I can't or won't use

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply Psycodiver, @ 25:1 the wallet is locked... :trump:

Began to rethink the Mighty Mo' a few days back and last night this happened: Benson torp OP!

0bAUfzT.jpg

Edited by 33nfidel
Last line and picture

Are they planning on evening up the numbers of DDs on opposed team, becuase it seems as if 85% of matches where the team has less DDs it's a loss?

I doubt it, and according to the new MM a few patches ago, there will be only a +/- 1 for each ship type (except CVs irrc) so if your team is down 1 DD you will be up one CA or BB ect.  I don't think this MM will change and I am doubtful as to whether it's needed honestly.

I haven't had a supercontainer since early January, and only 3 in total since the containers were released.

Just 1 for me since January.  A guy in my clan gets 1 every 2 weeks or so ... pisses me off the lucky bastard! LOL!

How do you guys play your Nicholas? Any tips or suggestions are very welcome.

I really enjoyed the Clemson (30k+ avg dmg 60%+ winrate) but I really struggle with the Nicholas. Problem 1 are the inferior gunarcs and Problem 2 is the matchmaking that puts me against Cruiser that already have access to radar.

I'm looking for a division mate aswell. If anyone is interested hit me up. Skype and english communication is possible if wanted :).

13 hours ago, LetsMakeTheMagic said:

I really enjoyed the Clemson (30k+ avg dmg 60%+ winrate) but I really struggle with the Nicholas. Problem 1 are the inferior gunarcs and Problem 2 is the matchmaking that puts me against Cruiser that already have access to radar.

I'm looking for a division mate aswell. If anyone is interested hit me up. Skype and english communication is possible if wanted :).

Free XPing to the Farragut is the best way to play the Nicholas.

What captain skills should I use for my new Spaghetti cruiser?

On 4/14/2017 at 10:41 PM, 33nfidel said:

Has anyone seen any articles on "farming free XP"?

Just trying to decide a best option from:

1. Using specific ships; Anshan/Tirpitz with their (+100%) Camo' &/or Papa Papa signals (+300%.)
  2. Which ships for The New Year 2017 camo' (+200%)  +Papa Papa signals (300%) 
  3. P2P conversion (which seems like taking the piss imo)
  4. Combination of all of the above.

1 Seems OK but a little too slow and do daily doubles actually make a difference to free XP...?
2 Which is working well with a specific Gneisenau because +3% and -4% seem almost expendable..
3 Not my preferred option because I prefer to not repeat past mistakes.
4 Keep on keeping on...

Just really like to read some member's thoughts and experiences as I'm currently on about 176K with 180(ish) NY camos and about the same amount of PP signals...

Edit adding two links:
http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/68211-best-way-to-get-free-xp/
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/4c28jr/credit_and_free_xp_farming/

1. Anshan...may as well, if only to keep grinding the captain up as well. But it's a T6, so payout won't be as much. Tirpitz, sure - T8 + Papa Papa, plus new stronk secondaries should help quite a bit.

2. The NY camo does NOT provide detection reduction. So maybe on lower tier BB's, or higher tier where you know you will be constantly detected (hello, Germans).

3. Only do that right after your Christmas crates gambling sessions when you have tens, nay - hundreds of thousands of doubloons on the account and you don't care. By April you will be hoarding the remaining coinage and wondering where it all went.

4. Do 1 & 2 until you snap, which should be around 4-600k free-XP and hopefully about the time they lower the citadels on Iowa/Missouri/Montana.

15 hours ago, LetsMakeTheMagic said:

I have to do the Nicholas again on the kiddo's account and I will just stick with A-hull and pretend it's Russian. Unfortunately, those captain skills don't help down the line (AFT, in particular), so...hmm. (The A-hull has 960 m/s shell velocity. Then again, you may as well just get used to the new sub-orbital arcs anyway, since the everything past it has them.)

Thanks for advice guys. After 6 consecutive battles against T7 I decided to freeXP. 

Farragut seems to be nice. :D

I kinda liked the tier 6 and 7 US DD's, though at the time I didn't really understand how to play to their strengths.  The Benson is the inflection point at tier 8, it is good in every useable way - the Fletcher is an improved Benson - so the tier 8 and 9 US DD's are worth any discomfort earlier in the middle of the line.

On 22/4/2017 at 6:37 PM, BiggieD61 said:

I kinda liked the tier 6 and 7 US DD's, though at the time I didn't really understand how to play to their strengths.  The Benson is the inflection point at tier 8, it is good in every useable way - the Fletcher is an improved Benson - so the tier 8 and 9 US DD's are worth any discomfort earlier in the middle of the line.

From my experience the grind was pleasant from the start, compared to other nations DDs. If one watch a few introductory guides to DD play, like Flamus low tier guides, low to mid tier US DDs are a breeze - My stats to show that even a novice can do OK in these.

21 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

From my experience the grind was pleasant from the start, compared to other nations DDs. If one watch a few introductory guides to DD play, like Flamus low tier guides, low to mid tier US DDs are a breeze - My stats to show that even a novice can do OK in these.

I liked all except the Nicholas. The problem is not that is bad in any way. It just feels like a downgraded Clemson that additionally gets worse matchmaking. (Why did it lose the double guns? And has higher reload?)

When did you play your Nicholas? Keep in mind that the 2 only radar cruisers on T7 were on sale the last weeks. This circumstance made it even worse. Yes there are ways to deal with them but hey I got 300 games under my belt. It takes time.

I'm not good in this game by any means and therefore I'm watching flamus guides thoroughly. You can always join me for a division and give suggestions since you are also on EU. 

40 minutes ago, LetsMakeTheMagic said:

I liked all except the Nicholas. The problem is not that is bad in any way. It just feels like a downgraded Clemson that additionally gets worse matchmaking. (Why did it lose the double guns? And has higher reload?)

When did you play your Nicholas? Keep in mind that the 2 only radar cruisers on T7 were on sale the last weeks. This circumstance made it even worse. Yes there are ways to deal with them but hey I got 300 games under my belt. It takes time.

I'm not good in this game by any means and therefore I'm watching flamus guides thoroughly. You can always join me for a division and give suggestions since you are also on EU. 

Fully upgraded Clemson has 6-gun broadside of 102mm guns that reload at 7 seconds. DPM is about 25k~26k. (normal HE hits)

Nicholas A hull has 5-gun broadside of 127mm guns that reload at 6.5 seconds. DPM is about 27k. Note that this has same alpha strike as Clemson due to its guns being larger.

Nicholas B hull has 4-gun broadside of 127mm guns that reload at 4 seconds. DPM is 36k.

Reload speed (and thus DPM) can be buffed through captain skills Adrenaline Rush and Basic Fire Training. All things being equal, Nicholas should not have slower reload speed than Clemson.

10 hours ago, LetsMakeTheMagic said:

Admittedly it's been a while. Last september I would guess. I now play further up the tiers, where radar cruisers are quiet prevailant. I'm by no streatch a good player, but I try to improve my abilities with the minimap to make deductions, just like in WoT, which highly negates the effect of radar cruisers, especially if you learn the radar ranges of the few cruisers.

I play quiet irregularly, but feel free to throw me an invite, if you see me online :)