no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,544 posts in this topic

Don't forget that the Furutaka C hull also gives you an extra torpedo per side.

8 hours ago, 3lite5niper said:

How's the Ryujo? Played a game in the Zuiho yesterday, I did decent but was disappointed to find out that manual drops don't exist anymore, below tier 6 at least. I am still quite a bit away from actually unlocking Ryujo, so I wonder if it is worth enduring auto drops for.

Still the better tier 6 CV. I find there's still enough clueless CV captains that you can learn manual drops on her. The other day a balanced indy just let me strafe his entire wave, fighters included.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Don't forget that the Furutaka C hull also gives you an extra torpedo per side.

Still the better tier 6 CV. I find there's still enough clueless CV captains that you can learn manual drops on her. The other day a balanced indy just let me strafe his entire wave, fighters included.

Sweet.  I'm still figuring out the interface as far as stats go.

Btw what fun mid tier DDs are there? I currently have Minekaze and Mutsuki, I don't really know which is better for torps/guns, it seems that the main Mutsuki-Shimakaze line is the traditional torp line. Which IJN DD line is more worth playing?

17 hours ago, 3lite5niper said:

Btw what fun mid tier DDs are there? I currently have Minekaze and Mutsuki, I don't really know which is better for torps/guns, it seems that the main Mutsuki-Shimakaze line is the traditional torp line. Which IJN DD line is more worth playing?

Shimakaze line because it's a tier ten, but unfortunately it's a shell of its former self to due to nerf after nerf and more and more Hydro and Radar cruisers and destroyers, not to mention some battleships that have those consumables as well. For mid tier destroyers the Kamikaze R is still my go to ship for fun, since it didn't get the nerf bat like the Minekaze did.

I had a ton of fun in the Nicholas and Farragut, Mahan is harder because everyone has radar and sonar so no more ambushes

On ‎11‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 0:57 AM, FlorbFnarb said:

Does anybody actually take the C hull?

C hull is a must have. WGs ratings are alas quite useless. For instance, equipping the top hull on Clemson gives like +2 on guns rating despite the fact that you get double thge guns in each turret...

The C hull gives you much better armor and the gun placement is wy more convenient.

Still IJN CAs suffer from very bad turret traverse all the line up and that is something you need to work around. Pre turn your turrets whenever possible and turn the hull if you are not getting aimed at. Maximising Cit hits is basically aiming correct AND shooting often and the shotting often part is actually much harder as it mean that you need to position well.

Still, IJN CAs have good concealment and if you get targetted by too many BBs, hold your fire and vanish into stealth till said BBs found other targets to shoot at.

7 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

C hull is a must have. WGs ratings are alas quite useless. For instance, equipping the top hull on Clemson gives like +2 on guns rating despite the fact that you get double thge guns in each turret...

The C hull gives you much better armor and the gun placement is wy more convenient.

Still IJN CAs suffer from very bad turret traverse all the line up and that is something you need to work around. Pre turn your turrets whenever possible and turn the hull if you are not getting aimed at. Maximising Cit hits is basically aiming correct AND shooting often and the shotting often part is actually much harder as it mean that you need to position well.

Still, IJN CAs have good concealment and if you get targetted by too many BBs, hold your fire and vanish into stealth till said BBs found other targets to shoot at.

Yeah, Furataka is pretty different than Kuma.  Still agile but not so much as the Kuma, which is pretty much an oversize destroyer.

I can deal with the bad turret traverse.  The Brits are killing me though.  After an eight-game losing streak last night I don't think I've won a match in the Danae yet.

UK gets good at Leander then Fiji. The T8 is difficult at best. Neptune is sluggish so again difficult. The you get Minotaur which can be awesome or 1 shot bait. The U.K. Line is not easy.

38 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

UK gets good at Leander then Fiji. The T8 is difficult at best. Neptune is sluggish so again difficult. The you get Minotaur which can be awesome or 1 shot bait. The U.K. Line is not easy.

Yeah, my main problem seems to be that last night almost every match I had a single shot take 25%-90% of my health.  Happened almost every match except for BB matches.

10 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

It really isn't. The Edinburgh is essentially a Fiji that gets shifted to tier eight and gets a little more HP and AA ability to compensate. It's also stealthier due to access to the concealment upgrade. I had no problems whatsoever with the Edinburgh at tier eight, since it felt fairly balanced while the Fiji at tier seven felt OP as balls. It took me 19 games to do the Edinburgh grind and I averaged 99,169 damage with that ship, nothing wrong with it. I'll start the Neptune grind this weekend.

14 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Yeah, my main problem seems to be that last night almost every match I had a single shot take 25%-90% of my health.  Happened almost every match except for BB matches.

Don't play floating Citadels when there is a Citadel mission around :) Jumped in my trusty Arkansas Beta and did the 10 Citadel hits in a single game...

4 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Don't play floating Citadels when there is a Citadel mission around :) Jumped in my trusty Arkansas Beta and did the 10 Citadel hits in a single game...

Good Lord.  How do you people get your shells to fly that straight?  I get lead and range done right and still I see shells spread out like I'm shooting a blunderbuss.

Then again I don't play BBs a ton, so maybe that's a factor.

14 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

It really isn't. The Edinburgh is essentially a Fiji that gets shifted to tier eight and gets a little more HP and AA ability to compensate. It's also stealthier due to access to the concealment upgrade. I had no problems whatsoever with the Edinburgh at tier eight, since it felt fairly balanced while the Fiji at tier seven felt OP as balls. It took me 19 games to do the Edinburgh grind and I averaged 99,169 damage with that ship, nothing wrong with it. I'll start the Neptune grind this weekend.

Roller,

You aren't a normal human, so your results are not typical. Playing the Edinburgh now is harder anyway than when it was first release. People have gotten much better at shooting people in smoke, so it is not nearly as easy to play. When I play T8+ BB's I have erase many UK CA's in smoke. (Radar helps) They are floating citadels. Even the DEV's said that they intentionally made them hard to play. Anyway in another few days, I will have the Minotaur. I kept the Leander, Fiji and Minotaur. (Neptune is a maybe, not sure yet)

2 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Roller,

You aren't a normal human,

:D   lmao

I shot Roller the other day! We beat his team, even though he was in a div!

(Their Fletcher died while trying to protect their CV that cyka cyka rushed B. it was gloriously downhill from there.  ;) )

6 hours ago, cheereereerios said:

:D   lmao

I shot Roller the other day! We beat his team, even though he was in a div!

(Their Fletcher died while trying to protect their CV that cyka cyka rushed B. it was gloriously downhill from there.  ;) )

Which game was that and what ship was I in? I assumed I was in a division with @Double_G and we were probably in tier tens.

23 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Which game was that and what ship was I in? I assumed I was in a division with @Double_G and we were probably in tier tens.

You were in a GK, they were in a Moskva. It was on Loop, iirc you all were south spawn. Your CV got an early kill but then beelined straight into B cap and promptly died. A Fletcher died there too trying to smoke him up. Pretty much downhill after that. I got at least a good dozen shells on you from my Fletcher lol.

1 hour ago, cheereereerios said:

You were in a GK, they were in a Moskva. It was on Loop, iirc you all were south spawn. Your CV got an early kill but then beelined straight into B cap and promptly died. A Fletcher died there too trying to smoke him up. Pretty much downhill after that. I got at least a good dozen shells on you from my Fletcher lol.

Yep, I remember that game, and I remember using virtually all my reports on that fucking moron CV. There was no winning it, team was far too shit. I think I got about 150k damage that game but @Double_G had a terrible game in his Moskva, doing only like 20k damage and nearly rage quit after it.

I finished stage 1 of the Yamamoto mission, but did not get the 2 supercontainers yet.  Will I get them when stage 2 starts or do I need to start a ticket?

3 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I finished stage 1 of the Yamamoto mission, but did not get the 2 supercontainers yet.  Will I get them when stage 2 starts or do I need to start a ticket?

From what I read on the forums there seems to be a bug for the containers

Seven losses in a row so far, all but one of them blowouts in about 2 minutes.

Night before last eight losses in a row.

Night before that, eight losses in a row.

No idea how that's at all possible.

Eight in a row.

Try divisioning up with some of us here, I'm sure it can help out

2 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Try divisioning up with some of us here, I'm sure it can help out

I'll have to try that soon.  One win, eight losses, then another win.

My hate for the Kawachi burns with the heat of a thousand suns.  Never have I seen a ship so insanely useless. 1,100 XP to go before I can ditch the POS forever.

If you don't want to free XP it, 1000xp is 2 games in Co-op with the 1st win bonus.

Boats is funny like that for wins, I remember getting 8 losses in a row with both the Bismarck and Bayern - some of the Bayern games were 80-100k games from memory.

On the weekend, I played 11 PVP games - all wins.  One was a game where we were fucked, but somehow managed to snatch a points win with only our CV left alive.

11 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Seven losses in a row so far, all but one of them blowouts in about 2 minutes.

Night before last eight losses in a row.

Night before that, eight losses in a row.

No idea how that's at all possible.

Eight in a row.

@ncc81701 This still doesn't beat our 9 game losing streak. lol

@FlorbFnarb send me a friend request if you want. I'm usually on most evenings 7:30-10:30 PST.

P.S. the Kongo is a pretty great tier 5 to make up for the pain of the earlier BBs.

13 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I'll have to try that soon.  One win, eight losses, then another win.

My hate for the Kawachi burns with the heat of a thousand suns.  Never have I seen a ship so insanely useless. 1,100 XP to go before I can ditch the POS forever.

It's a terrible ship thanks to the guns, but just try to find the most influential place in the match you can go to with respect to your gun range and go there. Then don't leave unless forced to or you win it. I learned to do that with Kawachi and it paid off when I ground through the ww1/Standard USN battleships: they were a fun and relatively easy experience for me. The speed disadvantage matters way less when its baked into your thinking to maximize your influence as early as possible.