no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,544 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mnemon said:

It's a terrible ship thanks to the guns, but just try to find the most influential place in the match you can go to with respect to your gun range and go there. Then don't leave unless forced to or you win it. I learned to do that with Kawachi and it paid off when I ground through the ww1/Standard USN battleships: they were a fun and relatively easy experience for me. The speed disadvantage matters way less when its baked into your thinking to maximize your influence as early as possible.

Yeah, I have literally no hope with that thing, so my standard practice is to go straight at the enemy without being literally suicidal.  I'll take hits to have a chance at getting a few shots in.

I'm astounded at how fragile the thing is; it seems to take damage as fast as cruisers do.  Also, Wikipedia tells me that the real Kawachi had torpedo tubes.  Why the hell don't they add that in since the thing is a turd that needs help?

32 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Yeah, I have literally no hope with that thing, so my standard practice is to go straight at the enemy without being literally suicidal.  I'll take hits to have a chance at getting a few shots in.

I'm astounded at how fragile the thing is; it seems to take damage as fast as cruisers do.  Also, Wikipedia tells me that the real Kawachi had torpedo tubes.  Why the hell don't they add that in since the thing is a turd that needs help?

Because they were fixed underwater tubes. You'd barely be able to make any use of them and Kawachi really needs no torps to work.

11 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Because they were fixed underwater tubes. You'd barely be able to make any use of them and Kawachi really needs no torps to work.

Fixed underwater tubes would be hilarious to try to aim with this ship.

27 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

16 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

Fixed underwater tubes would be hilarious to try to aim with this ship.

True, but the Kawachi's such a stinker every bit helps.  Point bow at enemy, loose a barrage of torps, close within the pathetic gun range, and fire six guns off the bow.  Then die by having the terribad armor pierced constantly.

Also, why does the Myogi look nothing like its ship icon?  Does that change with the B hull?

5 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Also, why does the Myogi look nothing like its ship icon?  Does that change with the B hull?

I don't remember to be honest. It was a long time ago. I had 19 games in her before moving on the Kongo. (Even with an awful 37% WR it was all things considered a pretty fast grind for me.)

Yes, it's stock hull is an imagined WWI version, while the following hulls are imagined WW2 modernisations.

Konig Albert is going the way of the Nikolai and will be permanently banned from sale lol

15 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

I don't remember to be honest. It was a long time ago. I had 19 games in her before moving on the Kongo. (Even with an awful 37% WR it was all things considered a pretty fast grind for me.)

6 hours ago, bathoz said:

Yes, it's stock hull is an imagined WWI version, while the following hulls are imagined WW2 modernisations.

I literally can't even find any evidence of the existence of the Myogi on the internet except for a bunch of links to stuff about the WoWS ship.

6 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I literally can't even find any evidence of the existence of the Myogi on the internet except for a bunch of links to stuff about the WoWS ship.

WG loves their paper ships/tanks. :)

4 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Konig Albert is going the way of the Nikolai and will be permanently banned from sale lol

I'm glad I got it on sale a few months ago. ;)

*seal clubbing intensifies*

17 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

WG loves their paper ships/tanks. :)

Since it was just some supposed design study any real info on it is probably in an archive somewhere. The IJN was right to reject that design and keep refining for Kongos lol.

19 minutes ago, Mnemon said:

Since it was just some supposed design study any real info on it is probably in an archive somewhere. The IJN was right to reject that design and keep refining for Kongos lol.

As I recall the first Kongo was built by Vickers UK and then they shipped it to Japan and the rest of the series was built and refined off of that starting point.

@FlorbFnarb Honestly, the low tiers have nothing to do with the rest of the game, it's dumbed down and simple so that new people aren't overwhelmed by the game.  I wouldn't try to over analyze these low tier ships, just play them to learn the basic mechanics.  Once you get to tier 5, you will start to see the more advanced mechanics come into play, and more ship specializations differentiate classes and nations.  There are 1-2 good ships at the lower tiers that are worth keeping/obtaining, but your money will be better spent on tier 6-8 premiums ships once you get up into that neighborhood.  The only low tier premium that you will be able to get on sale when it comes out again is the tier 5 Kamikaze/Fujin - they are identical but for camo - they should be in every persons port for blowing off steam,  Aside from that, don't worry about a ship you will never play again once the grind is done, people don't division up together at tier 4 to play a Myogi and a Wyoming, they play a Nikolai and an Ischizuchi ( tier 4 premiums ) that are good enough to warrant replaying and also because you can put your 19 point captain in them from the higher tier ships you are grinding up the line.

1 hour ago, Mnemon said:

It was not further refined, but one of several competing designs for the specifications given for what would become the Kongo. Japan needed new battlecruisers, to be able to compete with Britain's new "Invincible"-class. Before Japan settled down for the 8-gun Kongo-variant, there were three ships to choose from. A six 12 inch proposal, an eight 12 inch proposal and a ten 12 inch proposal. Japan wanted it's battlecruisers to have the same firepower as their battleships, so the six gun-variant was dismissed fairly early on. At around the same time, it became apparent that the 12 inchers would soon be superceeded by the new 14 inch guns and Japan had an eye on upgrading the 12 inchers to the 14 inchers and with that in mind, the ten gun-variant was dismissed and Japan settled on what would became Kongo. Shortly after Kongo's keel was laid down, the design was finally upgraded to the 14 inch guns which the Kongos would carry during their lifetime.

The "Ishizuchi" is more or less the original ten 12 inch proposal for Kongo. Now, the Myogi A-Hull is a "what if?" the six gun -variant of the Kongo would have been built upgraded with the 14 inch guns, like Kongo. Myogi B-hull is a "what if?" Myogi would have been built and upgraded like the Kongos in the 1920s and Myogi C-hull is again a "what if?" Myogi would have been built and upgraded along the Kongos in the 1930s.

1 hour ago, Rodrigopine said:

As I recall the first Kongo was built by Vickers UK and then they shipped it to Japan and the rest of the series was built and refined off of that starting point.

Kongo was indeed built in the UK, her sister-ships were Made in Japan, but not really refined during the building-process. All of them were refitted (considerably up-armored, improved engines and additional parts to her their superstructures, the first step in what was to become the famed pagoda-masts), except for Hiei in the late 1920s, which resulted in them being reclassified into full battleships. A second rebuilt after Japan left the Washington Naval Treaty (late 1930s) again increased their speeds and further iterated on the superstructure, ending the changes in the famed pagoda-masts as well as adding a floatplane-catapult and now again reclassified into fast battleships.

Any recommendations on who to watch for CV help?  I'm straight atrocious in them but would like to get better

4 hours ago, map381 said:

Any recommendations on who to watch for CV help?  I'm straight atrocious in them but would like to get better

While I don't particularly like iChase he is probably one of the best CV players out there and has produced some really good how-to videos

Femennenly is pretty good at CVs too, but is mostly livestream.

I think God decided to play little jokes on us today.  Just had a 5 kill co-op match in the Emerald, of all ships, and then a later co-op match in the Hosho my entire team was bots.  I was literally the only human in the match.

Naturally my team's bots suicided and left me to fight a DD and CV solo.  Fortunately bot fighters are apparently shit and I took them both out.