no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,582 posts in this topic


Isn't there a module or captain skill that extends the render range. Try using that if you aren't already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MntRunner said:


Isn't there a module or captain skill that extends the render range. Try using that if you aren't already.

 

Not that I'm aware of

 

Neet thing about this set up though, I was able to wreck a enemy carrier mid game. He got spotted from 28-29km away so I launched spotter, fired and about 27 seconds later lol I was rewarded with 3 penetrating hits and 1 over pen. Well not absolutely wreck but funny to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guaranteed Acquisition module (that goes in the stealth spot) increases render range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bathoz said:

Guaranteed Acquisition module (that goes in the stealth spot) increases render range.

No, it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

No, it doesn't.

I just looked it up. It's the Target Acquisition module and it increases the range by 20% at which you can target another ship. So not the increased render range like I originally thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting so I can fire at that far but I can't render the ship I'm trying to hit, might have to hit the official forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MntRunner said:

I just looked it up. It's the Target Acquisition module and it increases the range by 20% at which you can target another ship. So not the increased render range like I originally thought.

I tested it and it actually does work, I was able to see ships to my full 32.4km range and beyond. That said using a bot CV and I was able to reliably citadel a Bismark at 32.2km. Useless for ingame but fun none the less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now try it in a Yamato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the stars for the final (stage 5) Yamamoto mission and unlocked the final task but it wont let me start or select it?

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just need to highlight the mission by hovering the mouse over it and hit [enter] and that will select it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't get a 1600 base XP match to save my life, just can't seem to get my crap together and a 1600xp match is usually not that hard for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Can't get a 1600 base XP match to save my life, just can't seem to get my crap together and a 1600xp match is usually not that hard for me

Stop trying too hard. Pick a DD, cap two bases or cap one and reset another several times and you are done. Alternatively, pick a Sims, cap once and be done. The moment one stops hunting for a goal, is the moment where one starts to play better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Stop trying too hard. Pick a DD, cap two bases or cap one and reset another several times and you are done. Alternatively, pick a Sims, cap once and be done. The moment one stops hunting for a goal, is the moment where one starts to play better.

Yeah, the Simms generates that nice native xp boost.  Good info Madner Kami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capping definitely helps.  Pick at least a tier 8 too - you'll earn more XP due to higher hit pools, especially if you're uptiered vs. 10s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried running my Scharnhorst, Bismarck and NC with just completely crap games, my Scharnhorst got into a match with a GZ test CV sporting 3 torpedo squads and 2 dive bombers, even with t6 planes it ate everyone up including myself and our CV did nothing. NC was shaping up well but the game crashed. Just not my night last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used my Missouri. 116 k damage 2 kills and 2 caps. 1762 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raise you a hipper - 124k, a cap and 2 kills.  Including a Saipan from full health and 45k to a Gneis who couldn't pen me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck it I give up, put up a couple great games and its a loss, play some ok games and easy win. I got a couple 1500ish games tonight but thats it. I either play great but my team fails around me or my team completely dominates the enemy and I struggle to get anything in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:19 AM, Psycodiver said:

Can't get a 1600 base XP match to save my life, just can't seem to get my crap together and a 1600xp match is usually not that hard for me

Had to pull off a 170k Kraken yesterday to get mine, teams were horrid on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hellvn said:

Raise you a hipper - 124k, a cap and 2 kills.  Including a Saipan from full health and 45k to a Gneis who couldn't pen me.

The Hipper isn't a fantastic ship (though I'd argue, completely competent), but when you end up nose in against those tier 7/8 german BBs (and, I guess, the Monarch) who can do exactly nothing to you, it's a damn sweet feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear to god lol, barely got it, 1621xp lol. Anyways I blew through the 500 ribbon mission in 3 battles thanks to my Clemson and Phoenix and got the 3 win mission done in 3 games. Whats hilarious is after I got the 1600xp mission, I nailed it all 3 times in my 3 win game mission. Seriously I think WG was trolling me. I won't lie this has been the hardest free ship mission I've done yet even though it should have been easy for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When using Hydro-acoustic Search consumable, does either Vigilance (which I am pretty sure only helps with torpedo acquisition) and/or Target Acquisition Modification I (which is the one which doesn't say really one way or the other) stack with ship detection????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, xWulffx said:

When using Hydro-acoustic Search consumable, does either Vigilance (which I am pretty sure only helps with torpedo acquisition) and/or Target Acquisition Modification I (which is the one which doesn't say really one way or the other) ????

This sentence no verb. I suppose you want to ask whether the bonuses stack towards torpedo detection? They do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

This sentence no verb. I suspose you want to ask whether the bonuses stack towards torpedo detection? They do.

I know and I got distracted writing this post but fixed it ... my question pertains to ship detection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I know and I got distracted writing this post but fixed it ... my question pertains to ship detection.

The answer to that is no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.