no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

1,584 posts in this topic

Hi Gents quick question I've gotten up to the Bayern the tier 6 German BB I hate her guns god the floating shells are absolute shit, the back turrets have really shit angles, I've been spoiled by the warspite and its punchy guns. 

1 hour ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Hi Gents quick question I've gotten up to the Bayern the tier 6 German BB I hate her guns god the floating shells are absolute shit, the back turrets have really shit angles, I've been spoiled by the warspite and its punchy guns. 

and?

I'm just having trouble adjusting to the Bayern' gunnery style, I've had shots completely deviate from center around 5-6km against dds, not used to the over penetration of the shells against soft targets. I don't feel comfortable with the engagement range of 12-14km. I'll probably take some time in the training room to train on the guns. 

I guess I need a few points and tips on the ship.    

The entire German BB line has flat, fast, shitty sigma, overpenning shells.  It's just a matter of getting used to them.  

I loved the Bayern, that said her shells are quick but lose speed fast so the change from long range aiming and short range can be somewhat different than what your used to. Are you using the stock hull or B hull? Her gun angles change with the upgrade, that said you don't have to worry about getting citadeled anyways if you show to much broadside. I found aiming at where the deck meets the side of the ship a good aim point giving you the best chance to get hits, may not be citadels but the shells tend to give good penetration damage like this. About 10km seems to be her sweet zone, any further you are at the mercy of RNG

Ah okay thanks for the tips yeah got a fully upgraded Bayern I didn't know about the difference in the shell velocity until you mentioned it. Yeah your right I didn't like the long range performance of the shells they spend too much time floating back to earth. Yeah I'm not a fan of showing broadside I prefer the wiggle in and wiggle out to get guns on targets. Otherwise do I need to change my aiming point I usually aim for the upper belt on German battleships for the penetration damage is it worth aiming at the waterline belt for other battleship targets? Otherwise love the over match capability of the 15 inch guns when they want to work.    

Belt line works but if I recall the penetration values are pretty lack luster compared to the rest of the T6 ships. Even though I did great in this ship, I can count on 1 hand the amount of 100k+ damage games I had, I always seemed to do around 60-80 regardless of how bad or good the game was, if anything she was very consistent, where as my Fuso and New Mexico could be 40k damage game followed by 130k damage

Did the premium Pan Asian DDs (Anshan Lo Yang) get their normal torps replaced with deep water torps?

5 hours ago, xWulffx said:

Did the premium Pan Asian DDs (Anshan Lo Yang) get their normal torps replaced with deep water torps?

Nope.