vleo

wz-132

52 posts in this topic

So since the last wz-132 thread I found was about 2 years old and the wz being the next top of the tree (http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.de/2015/08/on-track-121.html)I just wanted to get the opinion of some People who own this tank and know if it's worth getting (note that I already have the 121 and dont Need to grind any modules on it since I've already driven it)

It's a good scout.

Decent mobility, great gun, great view range, good camo, good dpm for a light. APCR as gold rounds is very nice.

Basically: not the best in any field, but a very good all-around light-wise.

I liked it when I last played it... a couple years ago. Can't say the game is very similar anymore. I'm curious if the tanks any good any more, but if all the T54Ltwt fanboys are right about it being better than the WZ-132, than I feel really bad for the WZ-132 because the T-54ltwt sucks.

Im afraid it might just come down to light tank syndrome. Unless it's crazy good like the prenerf M41 Bulldog or HEATspam VK2801, it's terrible.

Just had a game this morning on Malinovka with 8800 spotting and 2200 damage. Moved my MOE from 87% to 90.5%, getting close to that third mark. Anyway this is an example to show that the WZ-132 is just as capable as any other tier 8 light tank. It's really only sits in the background because the other light tanks are newer and shinier. When it was just the WZ and 1390, the WZ could come out on top in a 1v1 if the tanker was skilled enough to force a bounce, missed shot, or user cover to trade shots. 

I liked it when I last played it... a couple years ago. Can't say the game is very similar anymore. I'm curious if the tanks any good any more, but if all the T54Ltwt fanboys are right about it being better than the WZ-132, than I feel really bad for the WZ-132 because the T-54ltwt sucks.

Im afraid it might just come down to light tank syndrome. Unless it's crazy good like the prenerf M41 Bulldog or HEATspam VK2801, it's terrible.

While similar to the T-54ltwt, it has a different role. The T-54ltwt is more of a brawler, while the WZ is a better scout.

Its an exceptionally reliable scout tank and can deal damage very well at range. Its camo values are phenomenal. The T54L has better survive-ability thanks to its armor and a better utility in ESports, but the WZ132 with the buffs is still a good tank. I personally prefer the WZ131 over it however, as with the 131 63% of the time your MM will put you in a situation where you have better or at worst equal VR as your opponents, whereas the 132 wont have that advantage. And since I prefer the 85mm on both as well, the 131's gun is better for its tier as well

My favorite light tank, my first light and second overall to get triple MoE on, and my choice vehicle for many of the various light tank missions on my way to the Object 260.

Best mobile accuracy of all the tier 8 lights, nice small profile, decent camo, great mobility (not the fastest, but great acceleration and maintenance of speed in turns). I am and always have been an 85mm partisan, the 100mm makes it a worse T-54L instead of playing to the vehicle's strengths. You also have an excellent premium (Type 64) to help train crews in.

Very .gif-able.

PGMCqDI.gif

"You know, I could kill this IS-3, but I kinda' wanna' see what Strana will do to him." - @Pompous

uoD2biu.gif

y0vr6Bs.gif

3d2HeMn.gif

EjxrTnH.gif

Vi99BLK.gif

Oh, and then there was this incident with a 3v1 against a Bulldog, Jagdtiger 8.8cm, and T-54.

I am and always have been an 85mm partisan, the 100mm makes it a worse T-54L instead of playing to the vehicle's strengths.

jJJxJRM.gif

@StranaMechty I want to like the 85mm, but then I permatrack an E-100 for 1600hp with the 100mm and realize afterwards that I'd have lost the match if I'd had the 85mm...

I've had plenty of other instances where I punched well above my weight by tracking&dmging someone, that just couldn't have been done with the 85. I've had a lot of instances where the HEAT has failed me too... how do you get past that?

@StranaMechty I want to like the 85mm, but then I permatrack an E-100 for 1600hp with the 100mm and realize afterwards that I'd have lost the match if I'd had the 85mm...

I've had plenty of other instances where I punched well above my weight by tracking&dmging someone, that just couldn't have been done with the 85. I've had a lot of instances where the HEAT has failed me too... how do you get past that?

I won't say there aren't the occasional situations where I think "You know, for this shot the 100mm would be great", I just think that on the whole the 85mm works better. It does require a bit more circumspection, a bit more caution in shot placement at range, and for certain vehicles you'll have to approach them in a different manner, but then when you do end up going loud in someone's face (or side/rear, more accurately) you can pump out a lot more damage than the 100, and without worrying about bloom making the round fly over an engine deck or somesuch frustration.

The 100 is definitely the choice weapon if all you're going to be doing is sitting at long range and sniping at medium-to-hard targets, but outside the rare occasions where some gimmick CW strat has my being in a 132, I don't see call for that much in pubs.

I should disclaim all this with the statement that my incessant need when driving...basically any tank is to breathe life into this picture.

2885696435_d2c6b84e10.jpg

Any match where I can set up an opportunity to get in close and throw down with another tank (even if it's by zooming in behind them and destroying them before they can turn around) is a good match. It's why the Object 263 is my favorite tier 10 TD.

I won't say there aren't the occasional situations where I think "You know, for this shot the 100mm would be great", I just think that in on the whole the 85mm works better. It does require a bit more circumspection, a bit more caution in shot placement at range, and for certain vehicles you'll have to approach them in a different manner, but then when you do end up going loud in someone's face (or side/rear, more accurately) you can pump out a lot more damage than the 100, and without worrying about bloom making the round fly over an engine deck or somesuch frustration.

The 100 is definitely the choice weapon if all you're going to be doing is sitting at long range and sniping at medium-to-hard targets, but outside the rare occasions where some gimmick CW strat has my being in a 132, I don't see call for that much in pubs.

Isn't shot placement more difficult with 880m/s shells? And the bloom is only worse in terms of turret bloom, all other values are the same. And speaking of engine decks, I've bounced off engine decks and other 30mm things with the 85 that'd have been overmatched with the 100...

I dunno, maybe I should run the 85 again for a while and see how much I can leverage the reload. Just, last time I had a hard time finding instances where I felt I was better off than I would have been with a 100... I wish they would buff HEAT.

I agree the HEAT on the top 85mm on the 132 needs a serious buff, but its still a better gun than the 100mm in most situations. Whereas you describe perma-tracking the E100, sure that works. But the DPM/Handling of the top 85mm is easier to leverage. As well, an E100 can NOT hit you if you're hugging his ass in the 132

and the bloom is only worse in terms of turret bloom, all other values are the same.

Turret blooms is by far the most important, though. Having bad turret bloom automatically means you have bad gun handling :(

Turret blooms is by far the most important, though. Having bad turret bloom automatically means you have bad gun handling :(

Its the same bloom the tracks have, you can get it below .8, its not bad.

I agree the HEAT on the top 85mm on the 132 needs a serious buff, but its still a better gun than the 100mm in most situations. Whereas you describe perma-tracking the E100, sure that works. But the DPM/Handling of the top 85mm is easier to leverage. As well, an E100 can NOT hit you if you're hugging his ass in the 132

I can't hug his ass when he's at the mouth of a corridor and there's an E5 and a T57 behind him.

And so what if it has better dpm and handling? The handling difference is only on the turret bloom, the shell velocity is far worse and the pen much less manageable. 

I'm not saying that the 132's bloom is bad, just that you can't write off the bloom because it's "only worse in terms of turret bloom". Having worse turret bloom is bad, since your turret is practically always in motion & always moves at the max possible speed. You can work around poor track bloom without too much difficulty, but working around poor turret bloom means not moving your turret.

Anyways, the 100mm's .12 turret bloom isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but there's certainly a really big difference that and the 85mm's .08.

I used to argue the superiority of the 85mm, but with the buffs to the 100mm I think it becomes more a matter of preference.  Personal taste and play style can emphasize one over the other.  100mm works better for the pocket medium style where you need to be able to punch through more armor with the reliability of the APCR round.  The 85mm works better for the more classic flanker/scout style where you don't need the penetration as much and ROF/DPM/accuracy on the move become more important.

Personally I still prefer the 85mm.  It gives the tank a different feel than the other 240-250 alpha light tanks at tier 8.  The faster ROF "feels" better to me - I find a lot of situations where I can get off two shots where the 100mm could only get 1 shot off (like when circling a tank or hitting them a second time before they can pull back into cover).  The ability to auto aim soft targets and nail them repeatedly while on the move adds to the fun.

As for general comments on the WZ-132, it is still my go-to tank for the majority of the light tank missions.  It just has a nice combination of size, mobility, firepower, and camo that makes it fun to play in general.

I just bought back the 132, been running the 85 so far. I will have to give the 100 a go at some point.

Absolutely love this tank. I've had plenty of great games and insane moments in this little beast. It's a fantastic scout and it can really do some damage as well. Just pray that you don't run into an AMX 1390 or some other sort of autoloader.

Isn't shot placement more difficult with 880m/s shells? And the bloom is only worse in terms of turret bloom, all other values are the same. And speaking of engine decks, I've bounced off engine decks and other 30mm things with the 85 that'd have been overmatched with the 100...

I dunno, maybe I should run the 85 again for a while and see how much I can leverage the reload. Just, last time I had a hard time finding instances where I felt I was better off than I would have been with a 100... I wish they would buff HEAT.

The muzzle velocity is barely different, only 40 m/s slower than the 100mm's AP. That's only 0.025 seconds difference in travel time against a target at 500 meters (about 48 cm more lead against a target moving at 70 kph). while on the lower end of the kinetic rounds for the tier 8 lights, the 85mm's AP round isn't really that bad. Heck, it's only 15 m/s slower than the T-54L's AP round.

QfoL6Uj.png

OIe9MPz.png

Turret bloom values are pretty important for a vehicle that is moving as much as a light is.

The muzzle velocity is barely different, only 40 m/s slower than the 100mm's AP. That's only 0.025 seconds difference in travel time against a target at 500 meters (about 48 cm more lead against a target moving at 70 kph). while on the lower end of the kinetic rounds for the tier 8 lights, the 85mm's AP round isn't really that bad. Heck, it's only 15 m/s slower than the T-54L's AP round.

Hidden Content

Turret bloom values are pretty important for a vehicle that is moving as much as a light is.

...APCR? 1150 m/s?

...APCR? 1150 m/s?

Chart #2.

Of course the ammo with a 25% speed boost across the board is faster, that's a no-brainer. What I was saying was that the 85mm AP is not noteworthy for speed or lack thereof. Though it may be a bit on the low end of the tier 8 muzzle velocities, it isn't so aberrantly low that it poses some sort of issue. It's identical to the T-44's AP, for instance.

Its not as good as 54ltwt or as 131 tier-for-tier but its still decent and somewhat mediocre compared to tier 8 LTs. Which is a good thing actualy since there is no annoyance in form of horrific bloom, reload time or meh acceleration so its quite comfy to play and you dont rage as much as in 1390, T49 and so on.

But frankly, RU and Ltwt are clearly superior, so if you only want the most bang for your buck you can get better tanks.

The WZ-132 is the worst tier 8 light. I say this despite having played over 1,000 battles in it.
Don't confuse that with me saying the tank itself is bad. The WZ-132 is an above average if not good tank, but it specializes in nothing and gets outclassed by the T-54 lwt. in almost every single category.
Since you already have the 121, there's no reason to grind the WZ-132. The T-54 lwt. has everything you want but better, unless you really want an 85mm for some otherworldly reason.

unless you really want an 85mm for some otherworldly reason.

pew pew!~ ( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一*→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→         ..・ヾ(。><)シ