vleo

wz-132

52 posts in this topic

The WZ-132 is the worst tier 8 light. I say this despite having played over 1,000 battles in it.
Don't confuse that with me saying the tank itself is bad. The WZ-132 is an above average if not good tank, but it specializes in nothing and gets outclassed by the T-54 lwt. in almost every single category.
Since you already have the 121, there's no reason to grind the WZ-132. The T-54 lwt. has everything you want but better, unless you really want an 85mm for some otherworldly reason.

Well two reasons why I want it, the first being that I misread the source I gave in the beginning of the thread, 121 line is only top of the tree over on the na server :P the second reason is that I already have 3 of the 5 tier 8 scouts and am currently grinding the bulldog. Would be a shame not to have the last scout in my collection then...but I also plan on plaing it from time to time so if the answers to my question were mostly negative I wouldn't get it anyway. But since this isn't the case I think I'm gonna get it the nexyt time it's on sale. Thank you everyone for responding, I now have a much clearer picture of the wz-132. :)

The WZ-132 is the worst tier 8 light. I say this despite having played over 1,000 battles in it.
Don't confuse that with me saying the tank itself is bad. The WZ-132 is an above average if not good tank, but it specializes in nothing and gets outclassed by the T-54 lwt. in almost every single category.
Since you already have the 121, there's no reason to grind the WZ-132. The T-54 lwt. has everything you want but better, unless you really want an 85mm for some otherworldly reason.

Id say T49 is worse for pubs and 1390 is just about equal to 132. It might be my hatred towards derpy guns that makes me say that tho.

Well two reasons why I want it, the first being that I misread the source I gave in the beginning of the thread, 121 line is only top of the tree over on the na server :P the second reason is that I already have 3 of the 5 tier 8 scouts and am currently grinding the bulldog. Would be a shame not to have the last scout in my collection then...but I also plan on plaing it from time to time so if the answers to my question were mostly negative I wouldn't get it anyway. But since this isn't the case I think I'm gonna get it the nexyt time it's on sale. Thank you everyone for responding, I now have a much clearer picture of the wz-132. :)

Alright then. If it's for collector purposes, go ahead.

Id say T49 is worse for pubs and 1390 is just about equal to 132. It might be my hatred towards derpy guns that makes me say that tho.

That might be true. I haven't played it, but I do see them a lot in pubs and I've only once seen one of them do anything important.
Although the T49 at least gets points in my book for being unique or at least different. The WZ-132 (sadly) is just a T-54 lwt. that loses most of its good qualities just to be a slightly better scout.

Alright then. If it's for collector purposes, go ahead.

That might be true. I haven't played it, but I do see them a lot in pubs and I've only once seen one of them do anything important.
Although the T49 at least gets points in my book for being unique or at least different. The WZ-132 (sadly) is just a T-54 lwt. that loses most of its good qualities just to be a slightly better scout.

Well, basicaly all tier 8 LTs are somewhat UP and redundant due to t9 T-54 being in the game. So its not about performance but more about the fun when it comes to choosing tier 8 light since youre shooting yourself in the leg by choosing this class in the first place. And while 132 is a bit worse than ltwt it still does play a bit differently with both guns, especialy the 85. So unless you wanna rock the pubs solo, no tier 8 light is a bad choice. Its a game and youre supposed to hava fun after all..

Well, basicaly all tier 8 LTs are somewhat UP and redundant due to t9 T-54 being in the game. So its not about performance but more about the fun when it comes to choosing tier 8 light since youre shooting yourself in the leg by choosing this class in the first place. And while 132 is a bit worse than ltwt it still does play a bit differently with both guns, especialy the 85. So unless you wanna rock the pubs solo, no tier 8 light is a bad choice. Its a game and youre supposed to hava fun after all..

The argument that because the tier 9 T-54 is in the game then the tier 8 lights are pointless ignores the fact that the tier 9 medium has 72 MM weight and the tier 8 light has just 48. Thats significant if you think they are there to do same job (I dont think they do).

On 04/08/2015, 03:34:34, StranaMechty said:

Best mobile accuracy of all the tier 8 lights, nice small profile, decent camo, great mobility (not the fastest, but great acceleration and maintenance of speed in turns). I am and always have been an 85mm partisan, the 100mm makes it a worse T-54L instead of playing to the vehicle's strengths.

Being a slightly worse T-54L isn't exactly a bad thing.  Do you still use the 85mm?

13 hours ago, BPX said:

Being a slightly worse T-54L isn't exactly a bad thing.  Do you still use the 85mm?

What do you think is better? I've been using 85mm on it.

59 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

What do you think is better? I've been using 85mm on it.

100mm works better with my playstyle.  And the current meta of near constant frontal engagements.  That's why I asked if strana had changed.

I don´t see the point of playing this tank at all anymore. Its only "speciality" is scouting ability and the maps at this point almost discourage that activity. It gets put into tier10 games a lot where there are better scouts in tier10 mediums that can actually do a lot of damage too and have armor and impact in the game more in most maps. I don´t see any attributes in this map rotation for it considering the matchmaking it regularly gets. Even prokhorovka middle ridge is nowadays ruled by tier9 and tier10 mediums and WZ-132 can´t take any lucky full speed arty hits there or you are totally wrecked. I used to play quite a lot of lights but now I really don´t see the point anymore. Any tier9 and tier10 med is much more useful and fun to play at least for me and tier8 scout still gets the tier9 and tier10 games like they do. No armor, no vision advantage (to me camo when moving doesn´t seem that big an advantage), pretty bad firepower with horrible depression considering the scout MM - Sure you can pad WN8 with it but really...

17 hours ago, BPX said:

I do. Zoom zoom all the time.

Love the 132, my fav t8 light tank. Accurate, faster than t54lt, more pen, gun handles a lot better IMO. I really wanted the t54lt so took my t54 crew and ground the line. So far I have only.played a few games with it but it doesn't feel better than my 132 at anything, apart from turret armour. For.me, the 132 is better. Lol, my mist played Lt is the t49 though! Love that fucking heart breaker

After the buffs to it´s handling, I switched to 100mm and for good. Much better gun to me now than the 85mm. The penetration and alpha are just that much better that it matters in getting the damage done and tracking enemies easier with one shot. Sure you lose some DPM but effective DPM with my playstyle is probably a lot better.

22 hours ago, Darneepigoo said:

Besides V.sta and opt, which one in your 3rd slot?

Binos for missions, rammer for casual play, or if you have a 4 skill crew+food.

I just finished the grind towards the WZ-120. I liked the tanku very much. I used the 85mm because of the better accuracy and the better premium shell.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:38 PM, TAdoo87 said:

I just finished the grind towards the WZ-120. I liked the tanku very much. I used the 85mm because of the better accuracy and the better premium shell.

I'm surprised you went that route - with a BIA crew + good you can get to .35 for dispersion, which is more than adequate, I find, and you trade 5 mm better pen on the prem round for... -30 mm pen on your standard round...?  189mm pen on your standard round in a tier 8 scout is pretty damned good, not sure why you'd willingly sacrifice that.

25 minutes ago, Tanager said:

I'm surprised you went that route - with a BIA crew + good you can get to .35 for dispersion, which is more than adequate, I find, and you trade 5 mm better pen on the prem round for... -30 mm pen on your standard round...?  189mm pen on your standard round in a tier 8 scout is pretty damned good, not sure why you'd willingly sacrifice that.

Most things that require more than 160 pen also requires more than 190. If I flank around or shoot lights then AP is good enough, if I have to shoot something with armor then I would use gold ammo anyway. So the difference is AP pen is not relevant.

On the other hand the gold round is far superior on the 85mm gun. It has 230mm HEAT, which is on paper only has 5mm better pen, but the 100mm gun has APCR. This is important because HEAT won't lose pen over distance. If I have to camo snipe the last surviving heavy it is easier if I can actually pen it :P. Also 225 APCR is something like 215 AP equivalent due to the worst normalization of the shell, which drop to  who knows how low at 400 meters.

I am not saying this is the only way to play the tank properly, but this gun was better choice to my play style.

9 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Most things that require more than 160 pen also requires more than 190. If I flank around or shoot lights then AP is good enough, if I have to shoot something with armor then I would use gold ammo anyway. So the difference is AP pen is not relevant.

On the other hand the gold round is far superior on the 85mm gun. It has 230mm HEAT, which is on paper only has 5mm better pen, but the 100mm gun has APCR. This is important because HEAT won't lose pen over distance. If I have to camo snipe the last surviving heavy it is easier if I can actually pen it :P. Also 225 APCR is something like 215 AP equivalent due to the worst normalization of the shell, which drop to  who knows how low at 400 meters.

I am not saying this is the only way to play the tank properly, but this gun was better choice to my play style.

At that point you could have used the second gun with 241 apcr pen. Sure accuracy is worse but the main selling point of this tank is the alpha. You are losing 25% per shot. And if you are running it with food vents bia the second gun gets .37 which is not that much worse. And heat is unreliable since tracks shots absorb the shell. So sideshots to mediums, e5 anything that is not a super heavy you are risking losing effective dpm.

In my opinion LTs cant really use their dpm so they rely on alpha to do dmg. The playstyle is to poke a shot and dissappear.

9 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

At that point you could have used the second gun with 241 apcr pen. Sure accuracy is worse but the main selling point of this tank is the alpha. You are losing 25% per shot. And if you are running it with food vents bia the second gun gets .37 which is not that much worse. And heat is unreliable since tracks shots absorb the shell. So sideshots to mediums, e5 anything that is not a super heavy you are risking losing effective dpm.

In my opinion LTs cant really use their dpm so they rely on alpha to do dmg. The playstyle is to poke a shot and dissappear.

25 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Let me put it this way the gun stats on WZ132 are almost identical to the M46. Bad accuracy would just ruin the gun. About the alpha: If you add a quarter more to a meaningless alpha it will stay meaningless in my book. HEAT works just fine if you don't auto-aim. You can track+dmg low tier tanks with it if you don't shoot the dead center of the wheel. (At least you can do that against tanks, that can be tracked/damaged with small guns.) You just have to avoid shooting the spaced armors and that's it. If you spam enough HEAT in your tier 10s you can get used to it. :trump:

It also can be that the 100mm has higher damage potential for some players, but in my opinion the 85mm performs better when it matters, aka in the games where you don't only just farm side shots.

Also I understood your opinion for the first time you don't have to post it twice. :kappaross:

14 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Let me put it this way the gun stats on WZ132 are almost identical to the M46. Bad accuracy would just ruin the gun. About the alpha: If you add a quarter more to a meaningless alpha it will stay meaningless in my book. HEAT works just fine if you don't auto-aim. You can track+dmg low tier tanks with it if you don't shoot the dead center of the wheel. (At least you can do that against tanks, that can be tracked/damaged with small guns.) You just have to avoid shooting the spaced armors and that's it. If you spam enough HEAT in your tier 10s you can get used to it. :trump:

It also can be that the 100mm has higher damage potential for some players, but in my opinion the 85mm performs better when it matters, aka in the games where you don't only just farm side shots.

Also I understood your opinion for the first time you don't have to post it twice. :kappaross:

LOL. I apologize I know I write in bad english so I just want to make sure my message gets through.

I guess we might have diffent playstyles but have you tried the other two guns? Hitting for 250 makes a difference especially when you compare the dmg to tanks like the LTTB. 

14 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

LOL. I apologize I know I write in bad english so I just want to make sure my message gets through.

I guess we might have diffent playstyles but have you tried the other two guns? Hitting for 250 makes a difference especially when you compare the dmg to tanks like the LTTB. 

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

I tried it, but it is not for me.

I tried it, but it is not for me.

So I'm just over 300 games into this tank, and I still really like it.  I wouldn't say I'm great or anything in it, but here are my thoughts on it:

Strengths:

1. Mobility - decent acceleration, carves turns beautifully, smooth and quick traverse.
  2. Camo - it's not a t92 or EVEN, but it's plenty stealthy.
  3. Firepower - the top gun (100mm) is a really nice gun.  It's not the most accurate, but with a tryhard setup you can get it to .35, and the handling is pretty reasonable as well.  You get what is essentially a tier 8 medium gun (hard stats are almost indistinguishable from the t-44, e.g.), which is consistent with the rest of the Chinese scouts.
  4. Turret - this isn't a Russian scout, but you'll still bounce the occasional hit off the turret that will make you wonder how you did it.

Weaknesses:

1. View range - as a pure scout, this thing suffers immensely.  The t92 is a superior active spotter (20m more base VR, better camo), and you can read the unicum thoughts on the EVEN for yourself.  But having a tier 6 premium with 390 and this thing with 380 really makes no sense.  390 base VR would by no means risk making this tank OP.
  2. DPM - despite having a really solid gun, dogfighting can be tricky, b/c to get that accuracy and handling, I dropped the rammer (and I want every boost to VR I can get).  Now, once my crew can grind vision skills, I'll drop vents for rammer, and maybe this thing won't suffer here as much.

I know better players than I have said it, but this is very much the essence of "light tank as highly mobile but underarmored medium."  It's great for flanking and harassing, but for farming assisted, there are IMHO much better options.

I'm averaging about 1k dpg - not great, but I feel like I've gotten a lot better at this tank along the way, and I'm glad I decided to grind out both lines from it, b/c it forced me to stick with it long enough both to grind crew skills and to get more comfortable with  the tank itself.  I know that the tiers beyond it (both scouts and mediums) have somewhat toxic reps, but I've really enjoyed the 132.