Visn0r

9.10 E5 armor nerf or buff or nerf or buff?

206 posts in this topic

I tried checking gamemodels3d.

Yeah, I couldn't find any significant changes with the armor angle. Overall its a fairly substantial nerf.

Yeah, I couldn't find any significant changes with the armor angle. Overall its a fairly substantial nerf.

Then it hasn't been nerfed at all. The LFP was 114mm before, and it looks like it's 114mm still. With no angle changes and a slab of thicker armor covering part of the LFP, this seems to just have been another one of Rita's fuckups that led to a witchhunt.

edit: I appreciate the upvotes guys, but I was wrong, it did get nerfed.

Then it hasn't been nerfed at all. The LFP was 114mm before, and it looks like it's 114mm still. With no angle changes and a slab of thicker armor covering part of the LFP, this seems to just have been another one of Rita's fuckups that led to a witchhunt.

So...should I keep these Pitchforks or torches out?

You are only allowed to give reputation 10 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today.

fuuuuuuuck

So...should I keep these Pitchforks or torches out?

vJdSCz4.gif

--------

Ok, it looks like E5 LFP stays the same. Most of us are dumb, right?

Hidden Content

--------

Ok, it looks like E5 LFP stays the same. Most of us are dumb, right?

One of my favorite things about forums is the hyper reaction anytime changes are announced.

Wait, shit, I need to make an addendum to my statement.

The vertical angle didn't change. It looks like the horizontal angle may have changed though, GM3d is consistently reading lower armor values for the LFP in 9.10 than in 9.9 over almost the entire LFP except for that square in the middle.

Can you give us an estimate on how much lower the new values are? If its only ~10mm, I think we can file that under "HD angles", nothing too surprising. If its more, RIP.

The very fact that entire tanks get to the test server and canceled (like the VKB replacemnet), or tests for changes get completely shelved (high tier pen nerfs), makes it really hard to take anything seriously before it makes it to the live server.  

I think it's wild that 114mm armor is so effective on a tier 10.  I've bounced a wiggling E5 plenty of times.  

Wait, shit, I need to make an addendum to my statement.
The vertical angle didn't change. It looks like the horizontal angle may have changed though, GM3d is consistently reading lower armor values for the LFP in 9.10 than in 9.9 over almost the entire LFP except for that square in the middle.

What

From the screenshots she (rita) provided it doesn't look like there was a nerf at all. Unless what you're, as well as she is, saying that the effective armor is changing because the angle is decreasing to the observer from the front

Alright, in GM3D while looking directly down the gun barrel, the LFP ranges from 240-260 effective thickness for the upper portions of the LFP in 9.9

In 9.10 199-210 near the sides where there isn't that rectangle of thicker armor. That portion is about the same as before. Some very small parts on the lower corners drops to 143. I wasn't able to find similar weakzones in the 9.9 model, though these 143-weak areas are also extremely small.

Interesting. Lowering armor from 240mm to 200-210mm with angles changes alone is pretty harsh. I really want to see this in tank inspector before I make a judgement call, though.

Those weakzones are only 44mm in 9.9, so 143mm there isn't bad.

So, uh, that pretty much leaves the M48 as the only American tier 10 worth a damn.

M48 confirmed OP

M60 can farm tears though.

I point out that no one ever relies on E5 LFP to bounce too much in my experience.

However, I once ended up facehugging an E5 in an alley with my old Tortoise and bounced off his hatch twice (no, his gun was not in the way) about a year and a bit ago. Buffing from 195 to 205 is substantial given the trollish shape. The E5 can now be said to be almost immune to Tier 8s shooting AP when hull down, yay.

*sarcasm*

OTOH, if this nerf is really happening, well, it won't affect anything important, not like they're killing the gun handling or something... right?

Never relied on the LFP to bounce, frankly after grinding through the M103 twice I've gotten into the habit of just hiding it whenever possible.

Will be interesting to see how the tumour functions with that +10mm and HD work over though, right now it seems like either you will bounce everything or every fucking shot pens it.

People say they never relied on LFP. But that LFP was troll enough. Similar thing could be said(although not exactly) for IS3 pike, yeah it's shit, but it bounces some shit.

+ E5 was all about frontal armor, the tank has 76mm sides with even softer belly, why the hell you want to remove frontal armor now? Also it renders the E5(tier 10 heavy!) pretty vulnerable to lower tiers(you can't angle it much, and now it doesn't even hold up frontally, might as well drive Patton).

Can you even read? They said because the IS-7 occasionally bounces the E5's lower plate, WG wants to nerf it.

How do you bounce an E5 in the LFP with spreem? WG wants to nerf someone because of the occasional RNG troll? Sad.

If this is true I'd rather play the m103. I get very good results on it since pubbies get confused by them and at least I get to bully t7's.

I'm pretty sure WG hire some guy to arbitrarily throw darts at pictures of tanks, if its a red dart then whatever part of a pictured tank it hits gets nerfed, if its a blue dart it gets buffed... if it hits a russian tank anywhere it gets buffed.

I'm pretty sure WG hire some guy to arbitrarily throw darts at pictures of tanks, if its a red dart then whatever part of a pictured tank it hits gets nerfed, if its a blue dart it gets buffed... if it hits a russian tank anywhere it gets buffed.

His name is Serb.