Visn0r

9.10 E5 armor nerf or buff or nerf or buff?

206 posts in this topic

http://imgur.com/hAojWzV&6yPqx18

Images of pre and post HD E5 shooting at itself on flat ground from 200 meters. The nerf is real :QQ:

(Sorry I'm fail at inserting images on this site apparently)

While I do not doubt that it has been nerfed, I find the live damage models on that site to be sketchy at best.  While they do generally display things properly, it's wrong too often for me to trust it.  For example, in the picture below, the color shows you should have around a 50% or so chance of going through, but it's really a 0% pen chance.

This is against its own APCR @100m btw

JjzSwac.png

We were in a training room last night, you can now go through the upper plate of the E5 with E5 AP and from a 45 degree angle with a StugE100 AP shell. THE UFP. GG.

Why would they do this? Could it be a mistake that they will correct? What's the point of playing the E5 over the M48 if armor doesn't differentiate them? Should I be buying the M48 at 15% off this weekend and moving my E5 crew?

Why would they do this? Could it be a mistake that they will correct? What's the point of playing the E5 over the M48 if armor doesn't differentiate them? Should I be buying the M48 at 15% off this weekend and moving my E5 crew.

I'm going to purchase the M48 this weekend as well, to protect against this scenario.  

Why would they do this? Could it be a mistake that they will correct? What's the point of playing the E5 over the M48 if armor doesn't differentiate them? Should I be buying the M48 at 15% off this weekend and moving my E5 crew?

All I can suggest is playing it on test to see if you can cope with it or not, you'll bounce more than the M48, but idk if that's enough.

All I can suggest is playing it on test to see if you can cope with it or not, you'll bounce more than the M48, but idk if that's enough.

How can you cope with HT that can't bounce frontal shots and has no side armor to speak of?

I'm sorry but these changes put nail into coffin of E5 for me, might as well play FV4202 or Patton.

Am I the only one who never relies on the E5 LFP to bounce shots?

No you are not. I know it's not the tank, it's just something about me and the tank. It's never worked for me. I get the worst RNG when I drive it, like E100 AP penning my turret face. Well, this just seals the deal. I've never sold a T10 before, but I might actually be close to if the UFP is really going to be useless shit now.

I'm going to purchase the M48 this weekend as well, to protect against this scenario.  

Why would you do that? It's like getting herpes to protect yourself against aids. It still sucks. M46 is good but m48? Bleh. For a long time it was a worse e5. Now if they kill the e5 it won't mean it's a good tonk. 

Though with them killing the fv215b there is no comfy heavy for now. The new brit t10 doesn't look good too

First of all:

- Storm: T110E5 armor in 9.10 test is not correct, it will be fixed (some changes to UPF and turret) in the second round. Storm refuses to consider this a bug, it was simply an earlier version of armor with the later one for some reason not appearing in the test.

Secondly, what's wrong with the Mk. II?  

From Rita's blog

- Storm: T110E5 armor in 9.10 test is not correct, it will be fixed (some changes to UPF and turret) in the second round. Storm refuses to consider this a bug, it was simply an earlier version of armor with the later one for some reason not appearing in the test.

First of all:

Secondly, what's wrong with the Mk. II?  

T57 like turret shape? If it will be easily penned in the turret cheeks it will be bad.

Read the whole Q&A and the russkies are idiots. Tortoise is OP? Seriously? 

Sometimes it seems as if Storm is playing a completely different game.  About half the time I think he is just fucking with Rita to troll her.

Storm: 

"the E5 armor is not correct on this paper thank that has all these made up armor values." "Next test server I will buff it but only from 230 to 240. then make a change only when people get pissed."

Sometimes it seems as if Storm is playing a completely different game.  About half the time I think he is just fucking with Rita to troll her.

It's not surprising. Show me one company over 5 employees where the majority of them are not incompetent and don't care about what they do? Maybe amazon after what NYT showed when they are pushed so hard everyone cries but even that may not be a case. To make it short. People are stupid no matter what they do, plus most of them hate what they do,  imaginary tanks included.

I recently started the 6th skill on my E5. E5 is love, E5 is life. The lower front plate can reliably be used to bounce shots by closing the distance and forcing their gun to point DOWN at it. If they nerf the horizontal angle, that won't be affected too much... but if they nerf the vertical angle, I'll have to say goodbye to my entire playstyle in that tank. 

Despite all that I'm excited to see it in HD. :disco: