Visn0r

9.10 E5 armor nerf or buff or nerf or buff?

206 posts in this topic

T57 like turret shape? If it will be easily penned in the turret cheeks it will be bad.

Can't tell if trolling. Anyway... 

Checking out e5's HD lower plate on tanks.gg, while some bits are easier to pen, some are slightly tougher. It's not a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. 

The cupola and upper plate are issue that will hopefully be addressed as promised.

Can't tell if trolling. Anyway... 

Checking out e5's HD lower plate on tanks.gg, while some bits are easier to pen, some are slightly tougher. It's not a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. 

The cupola and upper plate are issue that will hopefully be addressed as promised.

It's not exactly t57 but turret cheeks are rather flat in there so unless they make them super strong it may be a problem.

LFP used to be so fun because it was random but yeah they should fix the UFP first.

Greetings fellow internet tankers!  It seems that WG has at least done something with the damage model in the second version of the test.  My model viewers always crash when trying to open 9.10 test, so I sadly cannot check what was changed yet.

Sauce

Greetings fellow internet tankers!  It seems that WG has at least done something with the damage model in the second version of the test.  My model viewers always crash when trying to open 9.10 test, so I sadly cannot check what was changed yet.

Sauce

Yes, Storm confirmed that they will change E5 model in next round. I guess this is it - I hope it's a good change.

I find it interesting that there's now an area on the mantlet a foot thick and some armor zone that's even thicker.

I also cannot decide if the 228mm would make the tumor tougher or if the lost of the MG nub only makes the armor there a more reliable target.  The turret itself certainly got a nice hefty buff.

I also cannot decide if the 228mm would make the tumor tougher or if the lost of the MG nub only makes the armor there a more reliable target.  The turret itself certainly got a nice hefty buff.

The penetrable area vs *340 HEAT/265 APCR will be greater with the loss of the mg model.

**The cupola was trolly because of the high angles the mg would produce, you'd have to aim off center to guarantee a hit and be more subject to rng but now you can just aim center of mass.

Played a few battles in this on the CT iteration 2, and it was bouncing shots like a mo-fo. Could have been RNG, but it certainly seemed tougher than the first iteration of the CT, where I did about 20 battles in it to see if I should keep grinding the M103. 

Something's not right. The model was updated (test v.1 was clearly different) however the armor values aren't the ones in this ^ screenshot.

Are you sure? That tanks.gg model looks just like the Test 1 model. Not only just the armor values, but the shape of the armor zones look identical.

Hardening the turret and weakening the hull (especially if the tumor buff is real) seems to be pushing the E5 back towards where the American heavies were leading with the 29 and 32 as hull down monsters.  One can hope, but I doubt the US will ever get a truly beastly Tier X tank thats as good in tier as the T29.  RIP NATO tanks.

In test 2 the hull has not been weakened.

In test 2 it appears everything is harder. Which is good by me. As Jackie said a few weeks back "it feels like it did the day it came out, but everything else has moved on". Its a tank and style worth preserving, and I hope it finds its proper place among the heaviums post buff. 

Hardening the turret and weakening the hull (especially if the tumor buff is real) seems to be pushing the E5 back towards where the American heavies were leading with the 29 and 32 as hull down monsters.  One can hope, but I doubt the US will ever get a truly beastly Tier X tank thats as good in tier as the T29.  RIP NATO tanks.

As far as I'm concerned the E5 is a beast. The tumor gets compensated by decent mobility and fantastic aim time. It's the complete package. Obviously it has its weaknesses, but personally, I feel its overall versatility is simply unmatched. Always a joy to play. 

Are you sure? That tanks.gg model looks just like the Test 1 model. Not only just the armor values, but the shape of the armor zones look identical.

I could have sworn the upper plate was slightly weaker in V1 but you might be right.

As long as that's not V2, I'm happy. :)

To copy/paste my rant from somewhere else:

The turret in SD was 178mm for all of the front, with up to 254mm on the mantlet, but in HD, the turret is now 254mm-190mm from the front.  Even a max roll pen from tier 10 TD HEAT won't pen that.  If anything, the turret front is more sloped, not less.  The mantlet is now also 304mm thick at its best, with only a negligible weakspot thrown in.

The side hull bulge for the turret ring got turned into spaced armor with the usual side armor behind it, so that's also a buff.  The driver's hatch went from getting autopenned by anything 120mm or bigger to being invincible.  It's the thickest part of the tank now for some reason.  The turret ring itself became smaller and more sloped, while still staying 203mm thick.  The UFP got a 190mm zone for where the old 140mm zone began.  Slopes stay the same.

LFP got buffed from 114mm to 127-152mm, so it now effectively has the old T110E3 LFP, though the 127mm area is as effective as before.  And no, the beak is not smaller.  The thin part near the bottom corners was removed, so now the weakest area is the aforementioned 127mm square.

The side hull is no longer has the 44mm zone by the drive wheel.  The 76mm slope on the side was increased by 9° so it is up to 47°.

The tumor itself is the only place that may have been a nerf, but even then, I could just as easily argue it's a buff.  The armor was changing from 178mm to 228mm, so no more tier 8 and 9 meds penning you there.  The tumor itself also seems to be a smaller target.  However, it also lost the nub where the MG popped out, so that's one less place for RNG bounces to happen.  Either way, gold ammo would be the best way to reliably pen it there.

Picture courtesy of Platypusbill

70otnHz.png

So, turret front basically becomes unpennable except for the tumor, which probably got a slight nerf because no troll angles. I can definitely live with that.

Hull front was buffed everywhere except the 127 mm strip. Yes please.

I like it. LFP can still be penned with good aim, but the traditional wiggle wiggle can help mitigate some of that, UFP is stronk, and turret face is lolno. Truly a hull down tank, as it should have always been being in the American tree. Maybe I won't sell it after all.