westybig

The faq AW?

22 posts in this topic

i was quite surprised (as many other are) to learn that the next phase of AW will be EU server access olny. while this might not seem like a big issue to most, for a lot of people in the ASIA region it is nigh impossible to play on the EU server due to ping issues(360+).

personally im more annoyed that the fact i paid $70 AUD to secure a spot in closed beta testing. while this money was not completely disclosed to beta testing and more inclined to a solid open beta account i cannot help but feel cheated to pay money for a closed beta access that i cannot no longer play due to ping issues.

i cannot help but feel this could have all been solved by having a NA only server that would allow all regions to participate with relatively stable ping . thou in all fairness they probably ran the numbers and went from there, but still its hard to accept that when you paid access to a beta your ping wont allow you to play because reasons.

and so im stuck playing world of shitlord tanks with max arty ftw gg.

i would have made a post on the AW official forums but that place is drowned in retard speak so gg getting a point across there.

In what way would an NA/US server fix the rpoblem? The problem is that they are only using a single server for this next phase, not where that is located. If they had an NA only server, it would be pretty crap for at least 1/2 of RU, where most of their playerbase is. Putting it in EU makes the most sense, from the perspective of someone only using 1 server.

24/7 server = EU

Test server = NA (newest build)

ill have a go on EU, but I don't see myself playin much on a 300+ ping

Like Pompous said, more of their playerbase is closer to the EU server than the NA server. Even though I'm European I'm not happy with this change either, and using the NA server just as the test server is not an elegant solution but it seems OE made their minds up on this one.

In what way would an NA/US server fix the rpoblem? The problem is that they are only using a single server for this next phase, not where that is located. If they had an NA only server, it would be pretty crap for at least 1/2 of RU, where most of their playerbase is. Putting it in EU makes the most sense, from the perspective of someone only using 1 server.

reflecting on what i said it probably wouldnt, im just pissed off because i paid money for supposed "guaranteed early access" under the assumption that i would be able to play on a server with realistic ping. they never mentioned that certain test phases would only occur on specific servers when they were trying to sell me an early access package.

reflecting on what i said it probably wouldnt, im just pissed off because i paid money for supposed "guaranteed early access" under the assumption that i would be able to play on a server with realistic ping. they never mentioned that certain test phases would only occur on specific servers when they were trying to sell me an early access package.

That's totally fair. Honestly you can probably send in a ticket and mention that and it's possible you can get refunded. It's a pretty reasonable complaint. I don't really see it staying this way long term though so I'm not really worried thus far. I guess it helps that I'm not very motivated to play right now considering the impending wipe that will happen before OBT.

Wait, ping is better on NA?

I chose the EU server on the stress test and was pretty ok with 200ms even if it made my tanks feel super unresponsive.

NA server is back for the current stress test and open beta after that. Join the stress test now and you get a beta tester-only T-55...

NA server is back for the current stress test and open beta after that. Join the stress test now and you get a beta tester-only T-55...

Not at the moment it's not. Stress test ended a couple of days ago.

The stress test was extended, but yes, it has finished now.

I'm actually a little bit excited by this.

The stress test, performed really well. How it will be with a big influx of players, we'll have to see.

I'll be playing from the 1st as i have a founders pack, so we'll get a few days head start before the hordes arrive.

Hopefully I will bump into you guys. Now if only someone would fix my TS permissions....

Sorry, I was in a meeting. Started my TS client for the first time in over 6 months, of course there's a new version so I upgraded, now the PBKAC bookmark doesn't work - says it can't find the server. Just how out-of-date am I?

Sorry, I was in a meeting. Started my TS client for the first time in over 6 months, of course there's a new version so I upgraded, now the PBKAC bookmark doesn't work - says it can't find the server. Just how out-of-date am I?

I think maybe a month late?  Petco only ditched the old one fairly recently.

pbkac.clanwarz.wtf

Should be a little more up to date.