TheMightyJingles

Jingles Ask Me Anything (SLOW/POSSIBLY NO MORE ANSWERS)

163 posts in this topic

Hi jingles, 

1)  Are you looking forward to the Nelson-class BB's once the RN tree is introduced, and how do you think they'll be like? Do you think they'll get their two fixed-forward torpedo tubes?

1.5)  How do you think the Royal Navy will play?

2)  What do you think of the French Navy over history and in the present day? How do they compare to the RN?

3) What is your favourite tank in WoT?

4) Are you looking forward to the British vehicles in WarThunder (I know you don't really play WTGF because of the ULQ issue, but still)?

Other than that, I'd just like to say thank you for the awesome content you put up day after day. As stupid as this may sound, there were days when they were really the only thing helping me through the day. Keep up the good work, sir :)

Hi Jingles -

Lately there has a been a lot of "armor is useless" whine, which isn't completely unfounded, to be fair. Anyhow I have a question for you about the timing of the upcoming Japanese heavy tank line.

About a patch or two back they were planning to nerf shell pen, but ended up postponing that change, do you think that they should have postponed the Japanese heavies as well, since they rely on armor so much, or do you think it'll turn out just fine?

Hi Jingles, Can you tell us more about the FV3805 restauration and how it came to be and how and why you got involved? Thanks

You should invite Rita onto the forum, Jingles. Just for shits and giggles. :disco:

Hell, SS is active on armoredlabs. Lets get Rita in here

Hey Jingles,

Who will you be inviting to crew your big ships once Arena Commander 2.0 is released ? Also which role do you see yourself having on said ships (gunner, pilot, fighter pilot) ?

Hai Jingles!

oh boy, what question? oh yes!

1. Have you ever though on visiting the canadian war museum in Ottawa? I've went there and there are some pretty awesome stuff there! As well as the Aviation museum. We got a Komet plane.

2. If you ever want to sleep in a U-Boat, come to Rimouski in Québec, Canada. There is a real U-Boat there converted in Hotel and you can sleep in it. There even is an activity that they make you live the life of a crewman.

3. In another response you said that you played GW2 and were looking forward to the Hearth Of Thorns expansion. As an hardcore GW2 player, what's you favorite class and have you tried the Beta? I did and it's awesome!

Hell, SS is active on armoredlabs. Lets get Rita in here

She can get her own thread if she wants. Twice my workload, half the hair left on my head. :fat:

Howdy Jingles

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your videos, cause not only the make me hold my stomach laughting, but the way you talk is also really good to pratice listening to english

Back on topic

1. Did you solve the issue with your account being flagged blue and discovered what caused it?

2. Are you waiting for or know something more of some more collaboration between WoT and GuP (as already said, maybe with the upcoming film)?

3. What do you expect from the japanese HT line? Are you going to play it? (O-I Exp, RAMMING SPEEEEED!!!)

2. If you ever want to sleep in a U-Boat, come to Rimouski in Québec, Canada. There is a real U-Boat there converted in Hotel and you can sleep in it. There even is an activity that they make you live the life of a crewman.

;-; I visited a Québec while back but we didn't have enough time to go past Québec City. I never knew about this and its definitey gonna be on the plans for my next visit

How important do you think team planning is in Strongholds or Clan Wars / big team games? 

Do you ever pre-plan your tactics before going into the game, and how does that work - do you use maptactic or something like that- or just chat in teamspeak before the game starts?

Well I'm no longer in a clan and the last time I played a CW match was about three years ago so take what I have to say here with a pinch of salt, but in my experience training is important if you want to be good at anything.  If you're going to do well in anything team related you need to put a lot of time in training with your teammates so you know what your team is going to do in any given situation without having to ask or be told because you've been in that situation with them so many times before.  That's why the military train all the time when they're not fighting or doing maintenance, so the actions they need to take become automatic and they do what they need to do without someone having to tell them how.  Also, do what your commander tells you to do even if you don't agree with him, because you don't have time to argue and he might need you to take a hit for the team so that the team can win even if it means you dying.

Hi Jingles! What is your favourite part of Bovington Tank Museum?

The Vehicle Conservation Centre.  They're got an entire Armoured Division of spare tanks in there, and they're the ones that might not be sexy for casual visitors like the Tiger or Panther, but we'd recognise a lot of them, like the Excelsior and one of the only two T14s ever built.

Jingles(paul!)!!! Thanks for replying to my email about coming here for an AMA! Now, this is VERY important for the younger guys here for a good and solid answer

1) The best beer is found in what country?

2) The most beautiful and friendly girls are found in what country?

3) What country has the best combination of both?

1.  Whichever country gives it away for free.  Except Kölsch.  Kölsch is terrible even if it's free.

2.  I'm going to go with The Netherlands.  Famke Jannsen, Carice Van Houten... mmrrghnngh!  Tallest women in the world too, fact fans!

3.  Yeah, The Netherlands again.  Sorry Germany, Czech Republic, but if it's any consolation you both tie for second place.

When doing a video whats the workload split, say the WOT review vids, how long of it is playing/building raw material and how much is editing?

The video editing easily takes up the majority of the time.  Any given 15-20 minute video can take up to 6 hours to edit and get the commentary right, then render and upload.  Longer still for a longer video.  Mingles with Jingles can be a nightmare.  10 hours is my current record.

Hello Jiggy,nice to have you here!

What youtubers do you watch and follow that are not WoT,WT etc related?

And what do you think about tank academies?

All best!

I don't regularly watch any other YouTubers. I do spend a lot of time clicking on various links and just seeing where I end up.  There is some seriously disturbing and funny stuff out there, particularly the Vines content.  Tank academies are great.  I give a lot of props to Sir Havoks' WOT Uni, anyone going out of their way to improve the standard of play of braindead shitters can't get enough praise from me, you can find his channel here. He pretty much does what you guys do except it's aimed at a more basic audience.  https://www.youtube.com/user/SirHavocTV

You came into chat (wotlabs) chat once, didn't say hi. You left us. And made us sad you should totally come in and say something. 

How do you feel about "significantly less than average" players being insulted/raged at because of their plays? (And I'm talking E100s that go on hill)

Do you think Artillery is a balanced game mechanic? And if not, would removing it increase the amount of fun all players in WoT have?

Raging at idiots might make you feel momentarily better but it isn't going to make them suddenly stop being idiots so it's largely counterproductive.  You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and that's why I continue to applaud the efforts of people like Sir Havok and the various WOT academies (and of course, your good selves here at WOT Labs) but it's a sad fact that some people are just too stupid to be taught anything and that's why you get E-100s with 32k battles and 400 WN8 rating.  You can't teach them anything if they still suck after 32k games and they're immune to being raged at from constant exposure to it.  All you're going to do is give yourself an ulcer so why waste the effort?

Artillery is...  well...  it has issues.  It's too RNG dependent to reward intelligent play the higher up the tech trees you go, and I really think WOT could learn a thing or two from the way Armored Warfare is doing it.  I'm positive WOT are paying attention to AW, but they couldn't adopt the same style (less damage, more accuracy, higher ROF and more utility) without a MAJOR rework of all the different arty tech trees.

Hello Jingles, wonderful to see you!

Ha! It looks like my cunning morning people plan worked!

1. What do you think are the central factors keeping your average effort person from improving at WoT these days and how can those factors be mitigated?

2. Since you spend quite a bit in the "backstage" of many glorious museums, what seems to be the best route for working in AFV restoration projects and/or turning that into a profession? It's become one of those ideas that just won't go away. 

3. Speaking of which, what is the best museum exhibit you've ever toured?

4. What is your favorite junkfood? This is not for bribery purposes at all, I really am just asking...casually. :trollface: 

Thank you very much for joining us. I hope you have a lovely morning, afternoon, evening...whatever it is! :biglaugh:

1.  "I keep losing because my team is bad."  Stat deniers will never improve until they stop denying their stats.  I for one welcome our glorious new WOT Labs overlords!

2.  To be honest I really don't know but you could do worse than finding a project that needs your help, and help.  

3.  Hands down, no contest, the Carrier Flight Deck Experience at the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton.  Utterly amazing.  https://youtu.be/hiWMqGEMfiE

4.  It's not really junk food but cheese.  Mmmmm...  cheese...

Hallo Jingles.

1. What is your shoes size?

2. Will you do youtube forever until you die?

3. Why do people deny stats?

1.  10.

2.  They take my YouTube Video Manager away from me when they drag my cold dead fingers off of it!

3.  Because they're brain dead shitters.  Also because people don't like to admit that anything that went wrong was their fault when there are 14 other people who can conveniently have the blame dumped on them.  The first step is acknowledging that there's nothing you can do to make everyone else on your team suddenly stop sucking and start looking at what you can do - get better yourself.

H Jingles,

Assuming a time period where WoT, War Thunder, WoWS, AW etc are all dying games already and there are no other similar games, what would you plan to do? Abandon the Youtube channel and find something else to do outside of Youtube? Or will you make a transition to another genre of games and continue doing vids for a living?

I did start to diversify quite a while ago when I started doing War Thunder videos.  Unfortunately War Thunder largely sucks donkey balls these days, but I've moved into other games too, which is just as well for my sanity because I don't think I could handle just doing WOT and WOT alone.  I'm not sure what I would do if WWII themed games lost their popularity because they're pretty much what interests me the most, but I can't see that ever being the case.  If it did happen I guess that would be me done.

Since the subject of dishes was touched, here's not really a question, more of a comment: I remember in a pretty old Mingles with Jingles you talked about the time you came to Brazil and went to a steakhouse, and they just kept bringing on the meat. As someone from southern Brazil with a restaurant like that pretty much everywhere, it was really awesome hearing your experience with it!

That said, I remember you said you're going to Manhattan for your vacation, so if you wanna repeat the awesome experience of a southern brazilian churrascaria, look for a restaurant called Fogo de Chão in New York!

Fogo de Chão, roger that!  

#1What kind of car do you drive?

#2 how old are you?

#3 make some moar vids on hellcat...ok? (2945 games in mine)

Do you feel indebted to War Gaming - since without WoT - your celebrity status would not have taken off.

(I can imagine you on some midnight celebrity show - like GamesMaster...LOL) 

Hello Jingles,and thank you for bringing me to the game.

Two questions:

1.From all the tanks available on WoT,that don't have a howitzer(AKA derp gun),which one would you like to have one?

2.Which tank would you like to own in real life?

Hey Jingles!

I've just got a few simple questions.  What's your favorite map to play on?  What's the lowest and highest your WN8's ever been?

What did it feel like the first time you've encountered one of your fans?

Thanks,

Poor Jingles, anyways my questions are:

1) What is your opinion about a Team Deathmatch for World Of Tanks. I've seen this idea float around alot but there are issues like if your team stinks. Do you think it has potential?

2) What are your thoughts on the FV214 Conqueror, as of late not back when you did the preview of the British Heavies? Conqueror is my favorite heavy.

3) When the Bismarck comes out what are your expectations of her?

4) Do you have a favorite car? I'm a bit of a grease monkey and love the classics.

And one more thing I would like to thank you for your videos they have really helped me dominate this game, from newbie to vilet stet pedder super unicorn. Cheers!

Howdy Jingles,

First off thank you for doing your videos I look forward to them everyday. Being in the states I usually get up to coffee and your videos every morning.

1. My question is why Gosport? Is that where your family is from or was it your "home" port while you were in the RN? Just curious that all.. And thanks again for all your hard work. As a web developer I know how much time it takes to edit videos and the hard work it takes to make them look as good as you do.
  2. Also I know your swore off streaming but maybe come back and stream with Quicky or Rita in occasion? We miss you ....

Jingles! I got a reason for you to come to Canada. There's a warplane museum where I live, and it's got one of the few still functional and flying Lancasters in the world. But let's ignore the fact that the other one is in England.

Hi Paul, and thanks for the AMA

In wow did you ever play on Al'Akir server?

Which RN ship did you serve on the longest?

What RN rank did you leave the service with?

Ever thought of joining the JCU(R)?

Only four pages so far! I expected a LOT more by now. I guess the mods are working their asses off to remove inappropriate stuff. 

Anyway, my question: 
You once said that you are trying to be extremely careful when it comes to delicate topics, especially politics and religion for example. Are there any circumstances you could see yourself speak up anyway? I ask that because there are some things going on in the world that do bother or even scare me a bit. For example, the recent increase of refugees that are taken into Germany lead to a ridiculous amount of racism, hate and general being-a-dick-ness among German population. We learned a lot during the past 70 years, but the spike in this animosity is bothering me a lot. To circle back to the original question, would you consider speaking out and using your "fame" to make a statement against something that is plain wrong?