Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dukkerz

How player skill/server affects their perception of how good T10 tanks are.

14 posts in this topic

So I posted a survey on reddit which asked players their recent wn8, the server they play on, and to rank the T10 tanks from 1 to 10 according to how good they think they are. With the help of a friend I compiled the results into some nice graphs if anyone is curious. A rough summary of the results which shows sample sizes for anyone who is curious: http://i.imgur.com/k9WbxQR.png

The two main findings are:

KKqPCCK.png

Not really so much that is surprising here, but it's good to see the numbers. In general worse players rate TDs higher and Meds lower, while good players do the reverse. I was surprised to see the T-62A scoring higher not with good players but with worse ones. And the batchat is universally highly rated; I suppose everyone knows how dangerous autoloaders are, with the Waffle highly rated by bad players, and most others highly rated by good players, the batchat is good according to all of them.

9a01Pz9.png

This compares opinions of EU and NA players from the top recent wn8 band. It is normalised because NA 2900+ recent players rated tanks lower on average.There aren't many differences here, but the E 50M and E 100 stand out. I'm not too sure why these are so different, but I am surprised to see the E 100 so preferred on NA given the reputation it has for more gold ammo. This supports my personal theory a little that people on EU at T10 fire gold just as much when it matters, people just fire it more on NA when they don't need it, or when they're seal clubbing (something which definitely happens much less on EU).

I hope you find this interesting, and I'd like to thank my friend toby1248 for helping analyse the data. It's worth checking out the album linked at the top because it contains links to live versions of the graphs which will update as more data are gathered

That fucking Foch 155 rating in the absolute shitter aspect of WN8: Almost everyone else ranks it between a 4 and a 5 but it's over 7 in the absolute worst group :eww:

Even at the 2nd shittiest group, it has dropped from 7+ to roughly 5,5. Same story with the Waffle, no wonder SerB wanted to add something like this to the game so the super baddies could feel powerful.

E 100 stands out. I'm not too sure why these are so different, but I am surprised to see the E 100 so preferred on NA given the reputation it has for more gold ammo.

Gold ammo spam is the reason why E-100 is so popular on NA. Gold spam does make armor less relevant, but even with 330 HEAT, E-100 is tough to penetrate. However, less gold spam on EU makes people try playing it with 235 pen AP - and find out that the tank sucks big time without HEAT spam.

There aren't many differences here, but the E 50M and E 100 stand out. I'm not too sure why these are so different, but I am surprised to see the E 100 so preferred on NA given the reputation it has for more gold ammo. This supports my personal theory a little that people on EU at T10 fire gold just as much when it matters, people just fire it more on NA when they don't need it, or when they're seal clubbing (something which definitely happens much less on EU).

The E100 I guess is prefered a bit more over the E50M because yeah, we gold spam on the NA server.  The E100 without gold spam is utter shit and can be completely useless to a team at points.  It's still able to bounce gold shells pretty easily still, even after the "horrid" HD model nerf.

Really interesting. Also, note how EU ranks the M48 higher then the NA ppl while the box love is greater across the Atlantic. :retard:

Gold ammo spam is the reason why E-100 is so popular on NA. Gold spam does make armor less relevant, but even with 330 HEAT, E-100 is tough to penetrate. However, less gold spam on EU makes people try playing it with 235 pen AP - and find out that the tank sucks big time without HEAT spam.

I doubt this, because these are the data from people claiming 2900 recent or more, so they're probably going to be spamming HEAT on either server in an E 100. I know I do as an EU player with over 2900 recent.

I am surprised to see the E100 rated higher on NA. All of the EU streams I watch there are like 1-2 arty max per side and many matches without them. On NA its almost 3 every game, and with most of the maps providing no arty cover I would think that NA would hate the E100 more since arty is the main killer of it.

The universal Maus hate is tragic.

now when its aim time will be buffed most hated tank will be type5 i guess :doge:

now when its aim time will be buffed most hated tank will be type5 i guess :doge:

so sad, so many hopes of a good new line crushed 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0