Cpt_BryanHossaLabs

T25/2- Appreciation Thread

27 posts in this topic

Yes Im probably gonna get lots of hate for this and  you're probably gonna call me as pubbie for this thread, but think about it. If you drive it correctly its a really good tank. After driving around in it I learned how to side scrape, angle, and not rush into battle like most Hellcat drivers. Yesterday I've recently got my Ace Tanker with 2.5k dmg. Heres some pros and cons

PROS

+ Good gun (170 mm pen. 220 dmg...)

+ 800 H.P.

+ Decent armor (enough to scrape)

+ Very trolly top spaced armor (On the upgraded turret there kinda a big flat steel hatch that when I convince enemy's to shoot at it they pen it but don't do dmg, letting me to take a shot at them while reloading.)

+ Good training tank

+ Very good view range... (390 and I did add a camo net and binos.)

CONS

- Slow turret traverse- 18 Dps

- Slow- 50 kph (Going down hill) So you avg. speed is 30 kph. It is suppose to be an upgrade to Hellkitty...

- ITS MASSIVE. Easy to hit.

So yeah... I see not a lot of people on the T25/2 AND LESS on the T28 Prot. I really like this line for the ability of being able to have turrets... Thanks for reading!

image.jpg

It has been a long time but I remember that I really enjoyed the T25/2. Many people say it is just a Hellcat but it is not, the HP pool difference, good gun, mobility and turret make for a very enjoyable ridge fighter. Granted tho, the meta change didn't exactly favour it but also hasn't hit it as hard as other TDs.

I loved it. Drive it like a slow medium with a big gun. Hang back to second line and reap tears. Brawling never ends well unless enemies are close to dead. Your turret traverse slowness demands you keep enuff distance from enemy guns.

Youre free since theres is no T25/2 App thread... but its an ALRIGHT tank

just ignore my thread then (it is pretty old but still)

I didn't mind the 25/2. I did pretty well in it, and back in the day posted a lot of replays.

just ignore my thread then (it is pretty old but still)

Sorry about it... I didnt know there was already one

i played it when i was a green/blue shitter, but still, i maintain XX in this :doge:  seems like not many appreciate t25/2 :eww:

I haven't purchased this on the live server but on the 9.8 or 9.9 test server, a couple buddies and me made a training room and tested a few tanks out (because we know what it's like when you want to actually test something on the test server :doge:)

Just like everyone says it's really comfortable to play - definitely a keeper when I get it.

Having only bought this tank this weekend I must say that I was pleasantly suprised. 

I bought my hellcat back in like 8.4ish when medium TC's were a thing.  Naturally I elited that tank quickly and did not progress further. Then medium TC's died, my kitty was nerfed and then my crew still completed a new perk. It was time to move on.  I had enough xp for the tracks but even at that semi stock state I enjoyed it.  It's a great little Hill fighter.  Because of the full Camo crew from the hellcat it's quite stealthy and I have been streaming through the HTC missions that I was struggling with my Ferdinand.

Loving it thus far.  Got all the modules in under a day and we'll on my way to the t28 prot

Just bought this, seems comfortable to dive, and the aim time is amazing..but it's a T7 TD that seems to pale in comparison to, well, just about everything.

Worse DPM, Worse Pen, Worse alpha than most of the T7heavy tanks, Worse accuracy than a decent number of them.

Only played a few games so far, but even against T7's that 170 pen bounces a few too many times. (Or could just be bad luck).

Think it would be  pretty decent if the gun had it's base pen buffed to the 180ish that all the meds seemed to get this patch, but

You have 258 pen APCR, why are you not using it?

Because A) I'm poor and B) I'm ...actually I don't have a clever one for B).

Really I'm just poor.

I'll burn the APCR vs the T9's I need it for, just I feel the T7's should be penned by by base ammo. ~ And to be completely fair it's entirely possible 170 pen is actually enough and I've just had poor RNG. But 183 base pen, would make those IS and Tigers so much easier for me.

Do you play the T25/2 more like a medium? More TD(sniping) in the early game and then move into a more medium role? Snipe all game? Play it passive or aggressive? Support role with second line with mediums?

Yesterday I started grinding it out to save some free xp instead of skipping both of the T25/2 and Proto, and I was trying to play it like a T20 since people sort of compare it to that, but some maps it's just too slow to get into medium areas. It was hard to get to the doughnut on cliffs without taking damage. It was very slow to getting to the hill on Sand River. Had Prokhorovka with no arty so I played mid which turned out very good. On Abbey it seemed a little slow to get to mid before scouts ran up and into the mid so I bailed and went 1,2. Serene Coast I was going to help the mediums, but the speed again made me late to C1 so I went mid in the dip to help a T44. 

I have been playing it as an aggressive medium, so maybe it could be that where that isn't a strength...

On 13.4.2016 at 6:02 PM, Tedafile said:

Do you play the T25/2 more like a medium? More TD(sniping) in the early game and then move into a more medium role? Snipe all game? Play it passive or aggressive? Support role with second line with mediums?

I think it's mostly the last option: second line support. Sure, I try to get into an early position to activate binocs and get some spots and free shots. Like you said, the 25/2 is too slow to get into many med positions. Even if you did get to the med spots, you just don't have the (turret) traverse to fight fast guys at close range, and the gun dispersion values don't allow you to pull off snap shotting maneuvers.

I try to find a hull-down firing location where I can put my DPM to use with sustained fire while not being focused on myself. That's a pretty classic support role. Basically, I tend to snipe first from a safe position, and then move up quickly to support allies if they push.

I really like the sound of the gun on this thing.

On 4/15/2016 at 7:40 AM, Mureke said:

I think it's mostly the last option: second line support.

I played as a support med and like you said hull down firing lanes and stuck with teammates like supporting heavies on 1,2 lines on Pilsen when the enemy was full of mediums and we weren't. Ground out the tank in 2 days with bonuses and x3 first victory. 

This tank is basically a way shittier T20, with only DPM and aim time to compensate.

On 29.5.2016 at 7:38 AM, cpraf104 said:

This tank is basically a way shittier T20, with only DPM and aim time to compensate.

I do appreciate the shell velocity, penetration, and accuracy. What breaks the T25/2 for me is the relatively bad camo.

What's the point of upgrading the second turret? Numbers no improvement in traverse speed and view range, only heavier. I understand that it needs to be used to mount the top gun and doesn't have a cover but for only 10 AP more.

13 hours ago, catak said:

What's the point of upgrading the second turret? Numbers no improvement in traverse speed and view range, only heavier. I understand that it needs to be used to mount the top gun and doesn't have a cover but for only 10 AP more.

The upgraded turret can troll people to shoot the no-damage upper hovering part. The turret improves HP and gun handling. That turret also has more gun elevation than you need.

The upgraded gun not only has better pen but better shell velocity as well.

On 16.9.2016 at 11:08 PM, catak said:

The better turret has also 0.12 turret dispersion against stock turret 0.14. Which is a good thing.

Just bought this back after around 3 years of not  playing it because i thought it was trash.

Truth is i was BAAAAAAAAAAAD back then and hadn't unlocked the true power of this uunderrated gem.

Setup is as follow

-Optics

-Gun Rammer

-Camo net

with that setup and situational awareness it sports 431m of view range, enough to spot for yourself and get early damage without having to rely on your team's  yolosuiscouts. As it plays more of a multirole than a  pure TD it can get into crucial spots and provide vision, then work that DPM getting early shots and if things start to get ugly it can use its flexibility to abandon the area, reposition far back, wait for the camo net to pop up and effectively you won't get spotted while dishing out punishment.

Went from a lousy 438DPM and 52% on the MoE, to around 730DPG and rising and to getting a second mark of excellence, and 3 ace tankers in under 48 hours.

Your list of pros and cons is not correct. And I do not mean that I have different opinion, you say things which are not true,

170 pen and 220 dam (which is 240).. is not particular good.  240 damage the lowest of all T7 TD except for E25? The 170 pen is also below average as is the DPM. The gun is better than the one of the T20 but there it is a TD for. And you call 800 HP which is 850 good, it isn't really. But than again more TDs suffer from a lack of HP....

And you call it a slow tank, the topspeed is 56km/h that is not slow. It's engine power is decent though it has not the best ground resistance. 

The turret armor looks quite good, it is no T32 but from what I see on tankinspector..I might actually buy it one day

While ago I rebought the jackson for the TD missions as I did not own a single TD at the time. The jackson is IMO horrible, slow rof, and it did not feel as accurate as the game described. I performed badly in the jackson just shot over 1030 damage. So I sold it.

Not knowing what to do with the crew I decided to try the T25 AT. I never wanted a T25/2 because of the poor gun charecteristics, but the T25 AT does in fact have an awesome gun. You shoot 320 damage instead of 240, you have 198 pen instead 170 that means you get to pen IS3 tanks without ramming the 2 button. And you have ~300 moreeffective DPM. The AT is significantly lighter and this gives the tank 2Hp/tonne more than the T25/2. The hullarmor is also thicker and when fighting hulldown you also get to bounce a shot here and there.  

The tank has less 0.02 accuracy but it does not feel like it. You still get an awesome aim time.

Only.. the AT lacks view range, so binocs are needed and you do not have a turret. But both mobility and especially firepower are significantly better. But it still plays like a medium tank with less HP.

Stat-wise: http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t25-at.c:t252  the T25 AT is a lot better than the T25/2 with the exception of the turret. So if you are looking for another hidden gem :)