Valachio

Conqueror OP

229 posts in this topic

never played the conq, but i loved the M103, since it has some amount of usable armor, speed, gun control and a decent gun. The conqs turret is just so weak.

Conq is love.

I don't usually expect it to bounce anything, though I've had guys ricochet off the turret roof and cupola a fair bit. People don't really seem to know where to shoot.

what is the biggest difference between conq. and 215B other than the rear mounted turret?

1.5s faster reload. 0.2 better aimtime. Gun handling is better. Turret is thicker even though it looks exactly the same.

Turret is hilariously thicker. You can quite effecitvely hulldown in it. The laser gun means you always trade if they do pen.

People freak out as they're so rare they just expect the turret to be soft like the Conqs.

Conq is fun even though I don't have the top gun yet. Weakness I see is it's size and turret. As you said, high pen guns damage you through tracks so sidescraping is not possible and unless I have a tank with actual armor in front of me I fight passive in towns and on corners. Slopes are tough too as takes pen the turret with relative ease. And don't get me started on arty splash... I made the same mistake as you on salient going mid with arty in the game.

I don't think 30 hps more than E75 is that huge advantage. Especially with E75 gorgeous armor.

Like Pocktio said, the FV215b's turret is hilariously thicker.

I've found the frontal armour is actually okay too. The LFP is garbage, but it's also not huge, so you don't need much of a dip or rise in the turrain to hide it. Once you do hide it, the upper frontal plate is not invulnerable, but it will reliably bounce heavies, mediums and some TD's with a bit of angling. Assuming people aren't chucking gold bricks at you, anyway - which most won't, because people assume your armour is trash.

I miss you, Valachio!

Just free XP'd the top gear for the Conq and ran a handful of games. I thought the E5 was the king of heavy soft stats but it pales in comparison to the Conq.

This tank makes me grin from ear to ear. Snapshotting weak spots all over the place.

It's very rare that the armor bounces anything, but the HP pool kind of makes up for it given that the soft stats allow for reduced exposure times. Damned if this thing isn't prone to module damage, though.

If the 215b is more of the same then it might unseat the E5 for my favorite tier 10.

The 215 has even better handling and a faster reload. It's amazing and I hope the chieftain is the same.

I was thinking of going down this line, but don't think I can stand the slowness off the entire line...

Tier 6 and tier 7 are painfully slow. Church 7 just sucks, BP isn't too horrible though. The speed picks back up in tier 8 and tier 9 and 10 are rather agile.

OK, now that I've got 25 games in the Conqueror, let me revise my opinion: it's very good at getting damage in but quite terrible at actually winning games. When I say that this thing has paper armor, I might actually be exaggerating a bit.

It's got tissue armor.

Having almost no armor whatsoever is a pretty terrible quality for a heavy tank that isn't very nimble. You can't crush a flank with it because you don't have the armor to back up the gun. As such, you're pretty much relegated to second line support which is a terrible role to play if you want to win solopub. Crossing your fingers and hoping that your E 75 knows what he's doing isn't really taking control of the game.

Don't get me wrong, the DPG you can attain in this tank is out of this world. My WN8 for this tank is pushing 4k thanks in no small part to the gun's incredible soft stats and workable RoF. But if there was ever a poster child for WN8 not winning games, the Conqueror would be a real contender for the position.

I still enjoy the tank, but I will not be sad to sell it once I unlock the FV215b. Why must British tanks always be second line support?

OK, now that I've got 25 games in the Conqueror, let me revise my opinion: it's very good at getting damage in but quite terrible at actually winning games. When I say that this thing has paper armor, I might actually be exaggerating a bit.

It's got tissue armor.

Having almost no armor whatsoever is a pretty terrible quality for a heavy tank that isn't very nimble. You can't crush a flank with it because you don't have the armor to back up the gun. As such, you're pretty much relegated to second line support which is a terrible role to play if you want to win solopub. Crossing your fingers and hoping that your E 75 knows what he's doing isn't really taking control of the game.

Don't get me wrong, the DPG you can attain in this tank is out of this world. My WN8 for this tank is pushing 4k thanks in no small part to the gun's incredible soft stats and workable RoF. But if there was ever a poster child for WN8 not winning games, the Conqueror would be a real contender for the position.

I still enjoy the tank, but I will not be sad to sell it once I unlock the FV215b. Why must British tanks always be second line support?

I actually have the opposite issue. I don't seem to get a huge amount of damage in it (and as such WN8) but seem to win a lot after 50 or so games.

The FV215b basically solves those issues. It has a better gun and real armour - that is helped by people's experiences against the conquorer. They shoot the turret cheeks and the cupola, which is just a waste of shells for the most part.

The FV215b basically solves those issues. It has a better gun and real armour - that is helped by people's experiences against the conquorer. They shoot the turret cheeks and the cupola, which is just a waste of shells for the most part.

Oh thank goodness. Actual armor with a gun like this will be sooooo nice.

Prepare to have your viewports damaged every battle. The very top of your turret is a zero damage viewport zone. People shoot it, do no damage, and your viewports get damaged. Luckily yellow viewports are still 100% effective.

215b > Conqueror, even tier for tier. (not that the Conq doesn't spend most of it's time fighting tier 10s anyway)

Even though the 215b is not well liked, for me it's better than the E5, great gun (aim time, dispersion, rof, accuracy, ACPR gold round), lots of HP and unlike the Conqueror you get a workable turret.

Rear mounted turret is awkward, sadly side armour is trash so no SS (if only it had that advertised 100mm!) but find a dip to get into, wiggle about from arty and just unload that laser cannon.

It's a big relief over the Conq, which is a nice gun on a meh platform, 215b gives you more staying power and an even better version of the gun which makes it more versatile. 

Plus that hull/turret traverse, say 'Nope' to mediums that try to circle, sole 215b can give over confident mediums a nasty surprise, especially when you can out DPM half of the tier 10 mediums. 

Conq is nice but I wouldn't go back, it's far more team dependant for a heavy and just can't tank. It's essentially a big fat TD with a turret, or a Tortoise with less DPM but a turret or more mobility. 

just about to unlock the Conqueror and really wondering about how vital it is to immediately free exp top turret and top gun?  

Top turret looks weaker than stock and view range is the same.  Normally I'd say screw it but the difference is 80k free exp.

It is barely playable until you get the 120mm.  Stock it is literally a Caern with a bit more HP and Tier 9 MM.  You also lose gun depression on the 20-lber when you move up to the top turret.  I don't remember for sure but I think you need the tracks to mount the turret and gun as well.

Yeah. Don't go to the top turret until you have the top gun. Until then you're better off just being a Caern. (Also, the Conq turret with the 20 pounder looks almost as silly as the T29 with a 76mm.)

Went 45% grinding through the turret and gun w/o free xp.  Don't do it, it's not like the WZ where you are effective stock.