Valachio

Conqueror OP

236 posts in this topic

On 24/10/2017 at 1:18 AM, CraBeatOff said:

Who wants to bite the bullet and try the absurd high DPM of the 32lber? :-D

Just got the Conq. two nights ago. If the 32lber had a higher pen premium round I'd consider running it for a laugh. Cause it's kinda boring to play after the lunacy of the Caravan's pew-pew-pewing. No denying it's a very strong tank, though. 

ps fuck arty. All reports of arty having a hard-on for this tank are true. Fortunately there aren't swarms of butt-hungry T49s on SEA.

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Just got the Conq. two nights ago. If the 32lber had a higher pen premium round I'd consider running it for a laugh. Cause it's kinda boring to play after the lunacy of the Caravan's pew-pew-pewing. No denying it's a very strong tank, though. 

ps fuck arty. All reports of arty having a hard-on for this tank are true. Fortunately there aren't swarms of butt-hungry T49s on SEA.

17mm engine deck. BTW how does one endure a stock Conqueror?

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

17mm engine deck. BTW how does one endure a stock Conqueror?

This one didn’t. I swore of playing tier 9s without at least their top gun a while back (besides the obvious exceptions). In the case of the Conq that meant free xping everything but the top engine...

Back when I ground it before the SConq existed, the stock grind was remarkably tolerable and the pewpewpew of the 20 pounder was hilarious. Mind you I still went to 120mm ASAP because it was much better, but it was tolerable enough stock unlike say the T-54 (did not even try to grind that one stock)...

Note that my Conq play was mostly last year, not three years ago when I ground the Cent 7/1 and ran the 20pdr B barrel on it for the DPM and gun handling (because on a mobile tank with good depression if you can't make 226 pen work at Tier 9 back in the pre-Jap BS Heavy days, you needed to uninstall).

Give it 32-pounder gun with 260mm standard AP pen and then it will be one of my favourite tanks. 

About to unlock this now. Is the caravan gun that much worse on the tier 9? I see the turret is required and 60k for the gun. Do stock tracks need to be changed out too? I don't wanna drop 100k on upgrading when I could use that free xp on another line that needs it more.

Was actually thinking of grinding the whole thing out... Haven't done that in about 4 years lol

8 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Is the caravan gun that much worse on the tier 9?

With 260+ base pen it would be awesome. 220 is enough till you start to fight masses of super heavies.

8 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Do stock tracks need to be changed out too?

Yes but buy tracks extension and then research upgraded tracks at the very end. 

Try sacrificing your own arty to the arty gods. Maybe theirs might turn a blind eye.

In all seriousness, you can't really. If the fucker targets you, you're fucked.

All you can really do is go to positions where you are relatively safer from arty.