OnboardG1

Useful Ships Resources Thread

74 posts in this topic

There is torp timer mod in aslains. It shows the torp reload above the gun reload. You won't have to hit the 3 key to check all tubes reload.

Is there anything like tanks.gg for ships yet where you can see how different equipment and captain builds affect the ship?

Ship comrade has some stuff but I don't think there's a tanks.gg-like service yet.

watched several streamers/replays on YouTube, and crap its made a difference :/ After realizing I'd been aiming wrong in the Warspite, first game out did 100k damage. Made a huge difference

After going back to the NC again I noticed USN battleships are the more prone to the classic static, bow on, max range snipping fighters everyone complains about where as IJN BBs seem more dynamic and at least move around the map, it may be just me though 

Well, I don't have a ton of tier 10 experience yet, but cancer sounds a bit too strong. More like 'less dynamic.' People seem more risk averse so they hang back.

1 hour ago, Mesrith said:

I've started assembling my thoughts about Tier 10 ships into a single thread once I hit 100 games in them.  Hopefully some find it useful, despite the "Tier 10 is cancer" sentiments around here.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93085-mesriths-100-game-tier-10-rundown/

The biggest problem with tier 10 is just the amount of DDs. Do we really need 5 DDs per side every single game all it causes is for the games to last longer as they just hide. They really need to cap the amount of DDs to 2 at tier 10 games. 

1 hour ago, yoyoya2 said:

The biggest problem with tier 10 is just the amount of DDs. Do we really need 5 DDs per side every single game all it causes is for the games to last longer as they just hide. They really need to cap the amount of DDs to 2 at tier 10 games. 

As a DD driver I would be fine with only two enemy DDs to worry about. ;) 

Just now, Rodrigopine said:

As a DD driver I would be fine with only two enemy DDs to worry about. ;) 

Even as a Zao driver I hate when I see 5 DDs per team. Its not because they kill me its because they the game longer and they remove the chance of playing aggressive.

Just now, yoyoya2 said:

Even as a Zao driver I hate when I see 5 DDs per team. Its not because they kill me its because they the game longer and they remove the chance of playing aggressive.

I totally agree. When there's 5 DDs per team you have to temper your aggression especially early on. Slows the pace of the game down. And a lot of those kinds of matches run out the clock which can suck.

3 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I've started assembling my thoughts about Tier 10 ships into a single thread once I hit 100 games in them.  Hopefully some find it useful, despite the "Tier 10 is cancer" sentiments around here.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93085-mesriths-100-game-tier-10-rundown/

T10 is only cancer when the enemy team runs the fuck away. In games where the enemy team is willing to actually fight it can be hugely entertaining.

32 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

T10 is only cancer when the enemy team runs the fuck away. In games where the enemy team is willing to actually fight it can be hugely entertaining.

Which is why the MM needs to be fixed. Having 10 DDs every game causes BBs to run away

3 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I need to work on my situational awareness.  I'm aggressive in my 10's and get pounded for it at times.  Especially in my Yammy.  25% survival

We've finally gotten the ball rolling on some various mechanics and feedback questions from an actual developer from the RU server that speaks English well.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/96327-dev-qa-about-the-game/

My questions (module damage, detonations, sigma, dispersion scaling) are in the third post.  There's a lot of good information in that thread now, some of which has been a mystery since launch.

On ‎28‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 0:35 AM, yoyoya2 said:

Which is why the MM needs to be fixed. Having 10 DDs every game causes BBs to run away

I really don't think so. It would explain BBs fearing to push into caps or straits, which is understandable. But sitting bow on at 16+km or straight up running away has nothing to do with DDs.

And basically the classic tier X DDs are rather weak overall nowadays so good number of Dds you see (still usually only 3-4 per side and often a few as 2) is more due to the fact that at high tier CAs are pretty much either extinct or unable to do their jobs for long before being deleted by a BB...

IMHO fire spamming cruisers (HE spam) is just as bad as torpedo soup. Trying to push as BB in high tier game... couple cruisers shooting HE on me is enough to keep me burning all time. Torpedoes can be at least evaded with good timing and guessing but there is nothing one can do against HE spam. Same problem also with cruiser vs cruiser but bit less problem there. Still I hate going in cruiser against Zao's etc knowing that almost each volley from them probably causes fire.

Good decision from game devs to trash idea of british cruisers having smoke and fast firing He spam guns.

14 hours ago, Mesrith said:

We've finally gotten the ball rolling on some various mechanics and feedback questions from an actual developer from the RU server that speaks English well.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/96327-dev-qa-about-the-game/

My questions (module damage, detonations, sigma, dispersion scaling) are in the third post.  There's a lot of good information in that thread now, some of which has been a mystery since launch.

Thanks for the news. It seems the widely feared BB bow nerf is going to stay at least for 5.12, no real surprise there. (But my Tirpitz...*sobs*)

It seems Nagato and Colorado would be extra fun to sail after the nerf hits.

6 hours ago, sahtila said:

IMHO fire spamming cruisers (HE spam) is just as bad as torpedo soup. Trying to push as BB in high tier game... couple cruisers shooting HE on me is enough to keep me burning all time. Torpedoes can be at least evaded with good timing and guessing but there is nothing one can do against HE spam. Same problem also with cruiser vs cruiser but bit less problem there. Still I hate going in cruiser against Zao's etc knowing that almost each volley from them probably causes fire.

Good decision from game devs to trash idea of british cruisers having smoke and fast firing He spam guns.

The Zao is absurd because of the fire chance. Virtually every other CA firespitter is manageable provided your build isn't retarded (concealment Yamato or something), your consumable management is good and your positioning isn't dreadful. I have no sympathy for the whining about fires. They're your least dangerous problem if you know what you're doing. Except the Zao, of course, because that ship is broken.

You can remove my two links (battleship commander/equipment guide and Tier 10 reviews).  They're woefully out of date, and I've got no intentions of keeping them up to date.  Wargaming seems to change skills or equipment every six months, and tier 10s get buffed/nerfed/added more often than I can keep up.

23 hours ago, Mesrith said:

You can remove my two links (battleship commander/equipment guide and Tier 10 reviews).  They're woefully out of date, and I've got no intentions of keeping them up to date.  Wargaming seems to change skills or equipment every six months, and tier 10s get buffed/nerfed/added more often than I can keep up.

Done. Also pruned some other dated links. I'm going to have to find some less dated guides.

On ‎04‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 3:34 PM, Mesrith said:

They're woefully out of date, and I've got no intentions of keeping them up to date.

Was still a good read.