Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fablkak

How does crew training stack?

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know for a certainty how crew training stacks when there are multiple X2 xp and x3 crew XP events occurring concurrently?

For example, during the 15th anniversary weekend what will happen if I get:

Daily double (X2) and event bonus (X3) and accelerate crew training?

What if I also get the most XP on the winning team during this special weekend do I get another x3 crew xp on top of that Furthermore if I managed to get one of the following awards in the same weekend:

Tamada Yoshio
Nikols
Lehveslaiho
Radley-Walters

which grants a further x5 crew xp.

There are some inconsistencies in the wording for the awards, for mission 2 of the weekend bonus it states that for top xp on the winning team you receive "+x3 xp" for that match however for the month long special it says just "x5 xp" for the match, note that "+" is significant because one it suggests an additive bonus rather than a multiplicative one.

Consider getting daily double + accelerate crew training + weekend mission + weekend bonus + month long mission.

If the bonuses are additive then you receive: x2 +X2+ X3+ X3 +X5 = X15 crew xp for the chap getting the accelerate crew bonus.

If the bonus is multiplicative we get X180 crew XP (if you were lucky enough to meet all of the mission criteria)

I suspect that the real formula is a little  bit of a mix between the two, accelerate crew XP is done last and is multiplicative which means one crew member gets (X2+ X3+ X3 +X5)X2= 26X crew xp for one and X13 for the rest.

OR

treating tank XP and crew XP as separate:

(X3+ X3 +X5)X2X2= 44X crew xp for one and X22 for the rest.

Thoughts?

Answer

At the last weekend, they were neither additive nor multiplicative. You added an extra +1 for every x2.

So-- they had a x3 weekend and a x2 crew XP for tier 8-10.

Multiplicative would give you x6 crew XP

Additive would give you x5 crew XP

Instead they gave us x4. x3 for the double, plus an extra x1 because its x2 crew XP.

In other words, WG used D&D math.

Interesting... How do you think they would treat the above rather extreme example of all the bonuses active being obtained at once. If as you say bonus crew XP for events follows its own special rules then the XP would probably be something like this:

daily double * ( special bonus crew xp math, assuming +1 for every X2 on top of a starting point of X3) * accelerate crew training.

2*(3+0.5*3+0.5*5)*2 = 2*7*2 = X28 crew XP for one guy and X14 for most.

If they use true D&D math then for:

X2 +X2+ X3+ X3 +X5 = X15

Instead--

x2, then add 1 for the next x2, 2 each for the next 2 x3, and 4 for the x5 = x11.

Of course, no way to test/prove this.

I'm not convinced that is how the event would be handled since the accelerate xp bonus should give one crew member double what everyone else got and "according to the wiki" (I'm not sure if that statement strengthens or weakens my argument given the (un)reliability of the wiki) accelerate crew training is affected by the daily double. 

I think the most likely candidate for the formula governing crew xp is:

daily double * ( special bonus crew xp math) * accelerate crew training.

Perhaps

2*(3+(3-1)+(5-1))*2=X36 crew xp for one guy and X18 crew xp for the rest.

Edit: I'm going to stop speculating random formulas until we can test this. Thanks for the D&D tip, I'll look out for that possibility.

I will try to figure out their crazy math over the weekend since I am bound to get a all but the tricky month long bonus on several occasions. 

I've had a lot of games where I got the carry mission (20% bonus exp when getting 900+ base exp) and the "second win double" exp at the same time.  The bonus exp from the carry mission didn't get doubled, so I ended up getting 220% base exp instead of 240% like with a normal double, IIRC.  I don't know how this factors into crew skills, but it's worth mentioning, I think.

The values of the bonuses when taken individually are additive, not the multipliers.

If you get 750 base xp then the x2 bonus is 750 or 1x. 1 of the x's in any given bonus is automatically the base xp so when combining you have to subtract that out from each of the terms.

The accelerate crew bonus simply takes all the xp that would go to the tank and gives it to the crew member with the least. So it will double the resulting value to that crew member. But... I don't know if crew only multipliers are applied to it or not. I could see it going either way and without a special running right now there's no way to test it today.

The values of the bonuses when taken individually are additive, not the multipliers.

If you get 750 base xp then the x2 bonus is 750 or 1x. 1 of the x's in any given bonus is automatically the base xp so when combining you have to subtract that out from each of the terms.

The accelerate crew bonus simply takes all the xp that would go to the tank and gives it to the crew member with the least. So it will double the resulting value to that crew member. But... I don't know if crew only multipliers are applied to it or not. I could see it going either way and without a special running right now there's no way to test it today.

ok, so that makes the logic behind D&D math a little clearer.

The next thing to determine is whether or not XP bonuses differ from crew XP bonuses in how they are handled.

X2 +X2+ X3+ X3 +X5 = X15

Instead--

x2, then add 1 for the next x2, 2 each for the next 2 x3, and 4 for the x5 = x11.

ok ok I'm going to stop guessing random formulas and do some testing this weekend. I'll keep an eye out to test this one in particular.

Thanks, fablkak. We tested this last weekend, would be nice to have confirmation.

X2 +X2+ X3+ X3 +X5 = X15

Instead--

Last weekend on the EU server we got x2 experience for getting 3000 damage and 3 kills in a match.  I got that on a daily double and it gave me x3 total experience.

Preliminary findings after some testing:

Accelerate crew training is multiplicative and is applied after other bonuses.
Bonuses for XP and crew XP seem to be treated in the same way and multiple bonuses dealt with using "D&D" rules.

crew XP without accelerate training=base*premium * ( 1 +  (XP bonus multipliers -1) + (crew XP bonus multipliers -1) )

crew member with accelerate training = 2*base*premium * ( 1 +  (XP bonus multipliers -1) + (crew XP bonus multipliers -1) )

eg: I just had a game with the following bonuses
X3 crew XP for tier 6
X2 XP for daily double
Accelerate crew training
Premium XP 1050, XP for crew member with accelerate turned on was 8400.

1050*(1+ (2-1) * (3-1) ) * 2 = 8400
(not made up numbers, I have screenshots of all of this)

I am interested to see how it behaves when I throw another bonus or two in there but I think we can be pretty sure how it's going to behave now.

Now to answer the question posed in the OP
daily double + accelerate crew training + weekend mission + weekend bonus + month long mission.
= (1 + (2-1) + (3-1) + (3-1) + (5-1) ) *2 = 20* crew XP if you have accelerate turned on.

This was the formula I came up with last week based on numbers during the last crew training event:

TotalCrewXP = [earnedXP*(crewXPMod+(firstWinMod-1))]*[1+Accel]

where:

earnedXP = XP after any premium bonuses

crewXPMod = any Crew XP multiplier

firstWinMod = any XP modifier for first win (if not a first win, this value is 1)

Accel = bonus due to accelerated training.  Value is 1 if crew member is getting it, 0 if he is not.

It very similar to what fablkak wrote, but I think his equation is not quite right (if it wasn't a double his (2-1) term would become zero which screws everything up). Edit: Fablkak and I are writing the same equation, he just needs to simplify his :P.

The only thing I am not sure about is how multiple Crew XP bonuses would stack.  For example you could have the regular 3x Crew XP bonus and also earn a 5x Crew XP bonus.  I'm guessing that would just make the CrewXPMod term = 8.

One of the big take-aways though is that the Accelerated Crew Training doubles the XP gained AFTER all other bonuses have been applied.  That's a ton of extra XP for your least trained crew member.

Preliminary findings after some testing:

daily double + accelerate crew training + weekend mission + weekend bonus + month long mission.

= (1 + (2-1) + (3-1) + (3-1) + (5-1) ) *2 = 20* crew XP if you have accelerate turned on.

Note this lines up with older observations (with screenshots) that were posted in the Good stuff fablkak.

The only revision I would add is that Mentor modifiers are not added in the same way as accumulated daily/mission/special/bonus multipliers.  You get both a mentor multiplier, and an accumulated multiplier.

So the moral of the story is to not turn off accelerated crew training during crew xp weekends less you lose out on a ton of exp. Yay for unintuitive WG math!

So the moral of the story is to not turn off accelerated crew training during crew xp weekends less you lose out on a ton of exp. Yay for unintuitive WG math!

First off, kudos to those above that figured out how the crew xp bonuses work with each other.

As for GeeForcer's comments, just curious... in what situation would you want to turn off ACT?

Thanks in advance!

First off, kudos to those above that figured out how the crew xp bonuses work with each other.

As for GeeForcer's comments, just curious... in what situation would you want to turn off ACT?

Thanks in advance!

For gathering experience on elite tanks that you can use gold to convert into free experience. This answered a big question I had, definitely not turning off ACT this weekend then.

I was lucky enough to get this twice over the weekend

So my cromwell and hellcat got a massive boost for one game. I think my hellcat crew went from 90% on primary to 95% in one game with one member going to 97%.

I didn't take before and after screenshots so I can't prove how they all stacked, either way I got a very nice bonus indeed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0