Sign in to follow this  
Saffee

FPS Drop

11 posts in this topic

So, For the last year or so every time I reboot my computer and start WG up my game average about 15 fps instead of the normal 50-60

If I reboot it twice it never happens. 

I have just updated to Win10 and was hoping that would maybe solve the issue but nope.

Just hopped in a game after rebooting by mistake with my foot. straight away 15 fps, parked in a bush, rebooted and FPS fixed..

why iz thiz.... anyone smarter then me that can give me a advice? 

Running any OC software/profiles? I had a problem with decreased FPS - cleaned CPU fan and went from 25FPS to 55FPS.

I dont run anything, to dumb to do cool/helpful things on my computer

It runs as packed with warpack as vanilla as wot, pretty much

and for WOT i run rexxies modpack, so simply drag drop res mods folder and of I go

Windows, WOT on my SSD drive 

Did you install latest graphic card driver for windows 10? (Nvidia card)

Did you set software compatibility to winodws 8/8.1?

Is your CPU is parked or not? 

Did you switch "best performance" in performance setting?

Did you install latest graphic card driver for windows 10? (Nvidia card)

Did you set software compatibility to winodws 8/8.1?

Is your CPU is parked or not? 

Did you switch "best performance" in performance setting?

it was happening before Win 10 to.

CPU parked? :S

edit: nevermind, if it happens in every WG game... hopefully you can figure this out, it sounds like a GPU/driver problem unfortunately :(

hmmm yeah but how to identify what it is ? :S 

CPU parked? :S

I think he means does your CPU go into power saving mode when WoT is running? Since WoT is mostly single core, some modern processors see it as a light load and thus go into power saving mode, killing your FPS.

The double reboot to make it work is interesting. Do you get bad FPS if you do some other stuff on your PC for a while then play WoT?

I get something similar where WoT will eventually drop to 15 fps from around 50 which requires a reboot to fix. It also causes all videos after playing WoT to have a low fps as well (skipped frames). Possibly a video memory leak somewhere that doesn't clear properly after WoT is closed.

I used to get the above problem in L4D2, but that was on a really old shitty HP laptop... It got to the point where opening up a youtube video in the steam overlay would boost the frame rate by ~4x because it would make my GPU think L4D2 is actually something to put effort into.

Assides from that I get ~20-40FPS atm with most of Aslain's modpack and 70-100 if I'm running a vanilla client.

I think he means does your CPU go into power saving mode when WoT is running? Since WoT is mostly single core, some modern processors see it as a light load and thus go into power saving mode, killing your FPS.

The double reboot to make it work is interesting. Do you get bad FPS if you do some other stuff on your PC for a while then play WoT?

I get something similar where WoT will eventually drop to 15 fps from around 50 which requires a reboot to fix. It also causes all videos after playing WoT to have a low fps as well (skipped frames). Possibly a video memory leak somewhere that doesn't clear properly after WoT is closed.

No I can watch tv shows, youtube and have 15 different websites open and it does not really affect wot at all. 

Its just that first start up or reboot that decided to fuck the FPS over completely,

What you said about the single core kind of makes sense but how do I go about stopping it :S 

I used to get the above problem in L4D2, but that was on a really old shitty HP laptop... It got to the point where opening up a youtube video in the steam overlay would boost the frame rate by ~4x because it would make my GPU think L4D2 is actually something to put effort into.

Assides from that I get ~20-40FPS atm with most of Aslain's modpack and 70-100 if I'm running a vanilla client.

Yeah well rexxies modpack does not seem to affect my FPS at all, it does not have to many mods in it though, (I think) :D 

But once again, I dont have an actual FPS problems once its runnign its just after the reboot its unplayable and I have to do a second reboot. 

I can tell from just spinning the tanks in the garage that I need another reboot, dont even need to go in game. 

Are there any problems (other than low FPS) in game? I have this exact issue on another computer, but if I actually go into the match all the foliage is missing. I have to restart it twice to get it to work.

Are there any problems (other than low FPS) in game? I have this exact issue on another computer, but if I actually go into the match all the foliage is missing. I have to restart it twice to get it to work.

Nope that is the one and only problem lol,

I just to get it on my old machine in game as well, but then i just need to tab in and out of game and it was fixed. :S