TheMarine0341

VK 4502B: Troll or be Trolled Appreciators Guild

84 posts in this topic

@sr360 was right... this tank is the perfect tank to easily get several HT missions done with. After winning some gold in Skirmishes, I delightfully free EXP'ed the remainder of the VK 4502A's grind (which, honestly, isnt a horrible tank) and elited the VK-B. 

At 20 games, my armor use efficiency was 1.83

At 26 games, first of what Im sure will be many Mastery badges, and nearly did HT 15.3, falling about 1k damage short
4JpLqzq.jpg
http://wotreplays.eu/site/2099512#ruinberg-themarine3_5-vk_45_02_p_ausf_b

At 27 games, I finish HT 12.3, which required blocking 3 times my HP while doing at least 2k damage
MKzAJXO.jpg
Oh, and this battle would have been HT 15.3 with 12,419 total damage blocked, taken, and done http://wotreplays.eu/site/2099506#abbey-themarine3_5-vk_45_02_p_ausf_b

Apart from the IS6 trolling tier 6's and 7's, There's yet to be a tank which Ive so consistently to this point just trolled even tier 10 tanks with. The Upper and lower plates are just too well angled for most prem rounds to penetrate reliably when angled well. And then, sometimes you get WTFHOWDIDTHEYPENME? moments (IE M-103 snap-shotting the turret ring at 450+ meters, or SU 152 penning HEAT through the LFP)

Its a delight to play!

Well done Marine!

Others may have beat me to the punch, but I want to compliment you on the incredible positive addition you have been to wotlabs.

Your attitude has always been upbeat and open to both criticism and advice since your days in the Minions.  You set a very high bar of personal conduct for any current Marine, past Marine or potential Marine Recruit with your exemplary focus on learning and accountability.  My 18 year old just missed out on a MROTC scholarship, and is now working towards the Platoon Leader school program as an enrolee at a local community college. I spent four years at boat school, and never missed an opportunity to mock the USMC as a point of pride.  Now, so many years after my service, I am a huge advocate for the USMC and all the positives it has for our nations men and women.  You set the best kind of example for the USMC, and I thank you wholeheartedly for all you have done for our nation.

I do not have the honor of owning this saying, but I will repeat it anyway Semper Fidelis - "Always Faithful"

I personally actually find these tanks easy to kill with 330 Heat.

Is this just my own experience? The turret face feels like cheese and if they move their turret away from you at all you can pen the cheeks.

At the same time it looks great against pubs.

Been thinking about free-xping to it...because I really don't want to play either of the VKs. Also I need to do that HT missions...should I? I have a lot of modules from the E100 line.

I personally actually find these tanks easy to kill with 330 Heat.

Is this just my own experience? The turret face feels like cheese and if they move their turret away from you at all you can pen the cheeks.

At the same time it looks great against pubs.

Small sample size on my part, but pretty much any player with 1600 overall or less will bounce 2-3 AP shells off the LFP before attempting to switch to APCR/HEAT, and then they still bounce off the LFP 2-3 more times before trying to shoot the turret

Been thinking about free-xping to it...because I really don't want to play either of the VKs. Also I need to do that HT missions...should I? I have a lot of modules from the E100 line.

Free EXP to the tier 8 and then play it in strongholds. I did this for about 60k EXP before using skirmish golds

It's a gimmick tank. BUT, it has a great gimmick with it's non conventional turret is stronger part of tank armor which works great versus usual pubbie. On top of that it has boomstick to boot.

Certainly one of best, if not best tank to do HT missions, mainly because it doesn't face tier 10 TDs as often as Maus or E100.

It's a gimmick tank. BUT, it has a great gimmick with it's non conventional turret is stronger part of tank armor which works great versus usual pubbie. On top of that it has boomstick to boot.

Certainly one of best, if not best tank to do HT missions, mainly because it doesn't face tier 10 TDs as often as Maus or E100.

I would imagine on the EU server this tank could troll E100's much more easily, simply because of the "REPORT SOMEONE FOR SHOOTING PREM ROUNDS FUCKING NOOB" mentality Ive seen

I would imagine on the EU server this tank could troll E100's much more easily, simply because of the "REPORT SOMEONE FOR SHOOTING PREM ROUNDS FUCKING NOOB" mentality Ive seen

People sure give you crap for using gold ammo, but that doesnt influence the amount of it flying around. Quite the contrary.

I remember firing at this thing the only HEAT I've ever fired in my JagE100 ... ... and it bounced on the lower plate.

I might end up getting one at some point, it looks hilarious with the right map, even though the mobility might be a real issue for me

Desperate JT drivers cut through the UFP like butter. Or lazy ones...

I remember firing at this thing the only HEAT I've ever fired in my JagE100 ... ... and it bounced on the lower plate.

I might end up getting one at some point, it looks hilarious with the right map, even though the mobility might be a real issue for me

Fyi upper plate is weaker than lower plate for any tank that isn't ELC AMX low.

I've cut through the upper plate with APCR off the Jagdtiger, so if 356mm pen APCR can do it, 420mm pen HEAT can too.

Fyi upper plate is weaker than lower plate for any tank that isn't ELC AMX low.

I've cut through the upper plate with APCR off the Jagdtiger, so if 356mm pen APCR can do it, 420mm pen HEAT can too.

Yeah I only discovered it later... It was right after the buff it recieved at the frontal armour

I got penned twice in a row through the UFP by a T110E4 shooting AP. There are definitely certain tier 10 tank destroyers that are best avoided. Although, a T110E3 bounced a lot of APCR off me when I did HT-15.3, but I backed way off wiggled like crazy. 

I wouldn't bother shooting at turret weak points with a JagE100. Just 420 blaze it through the UFP. 

Apart from the IS6 trolling tier 6's and 7's, There's yet to be a tank which Ive so consistently to this point just trolled even tier 10 tanks with. The Upper and lower plates are just too well angled for most prem rounds to penetrate reliably when angled well. And then, sometimes you get WTFHOWDIDTHEYPENME? moments (IE M-103 snap-shotting the turret ring at 450+ meters, or SU 152 penning HEAT through the LFP)

Its a delight to play!

More replays please.  Just got this tank a few days ago myself.  The past couple days MM has been trolling me with mostly Tier 10 battles against multiple JPE, WT, and 183's all in the same match.  What do you do on Fisherman's Bay when the enemy has all the firing lanes in town covered by one or more high alpha TDs and your team is losing the fight on the 1/2 line and you don't control the middle?

What do you do on Fisherman's Bay when the enemy has all the firing lanes in town covered by one or more high alpha TDs and your team is losing the fight on the 1/2 line and you don't control the middle?

I believe you get your shit pushed in when that happens. 

I've been able to pen the front with AP by hitting that driver's viewport thing, but obviously that's not reliable in every situation.

I also want this tank for HT missions but fuck that grind

I'll double post my replays of fail in here. I'm not overly impressed with this tank. It has been my impression that pretty much all tier 9/10 can just press '2' and proceed to facefuck you. Tier 7 and 8 tanks generally cannot, but all they have to do is just drive around you and it is easy-peasy. The mobility is terrible, the firepower is meh.

It is probably a great tank for platooning, but it seems to be a recipe for losing playing solo.

http://www.filedropper.com/vkb

These should provide an example of what not to do to win. I did complete HT 12.3 in this batch though.

51 hits taken...

An IS-3 with 13 hits for zero damage...(not stock, he has almost 1000 battles in the tank)

But also a lowe, a super persh and an IS with lots of bounces.

How do you get stupid people to keep firing non-HE at you?

I missed HT-12.2 last night because right at the finishline, they started spamming HE.  

Only the SP switched to HE, and then eventually switched back to AP. I don't know..I guess the stupid was rolling that day.

Only the SP switched to HE, and then eventually switched back to AP. I don't know..I guess the stupid was rolling that day.

Guessing he ran out of HE

I'll double post my replays of fail in here. I'm not overly impressed with this tank. It has been my impression that pretty much all tier 9/10 can just press '2' and proceed to facefuck you. Tier 7 and 8 tanks generally cannot, but all they have to do is just drive around you and it is easy-peasy. The mobility is terrible, the firepower is meh.

It is probably a great tank for platooning, but it seems to be a recipe for losing playing solo.

http://www.filedropper.com/vkb

These should provide an example of what not to do to win. I did complete HT 12.3 in this batch though.

Watched the replays and I think you might be under-angling a bit.  It looks like most of the time you have your barrel on the inside of your track which is around 11-degrees.  From the Armor Inspector app, it looks like you need a 17-degree angle against an IS-7 (both front and sides).  30-degrees is perfect against the E-100 but you need a building or hill to hide your side armor.  Poking your front plate around a corner at 45-degrees should make it impervious to even a JPE-100 heat round.  Just poke your front hull out so your inside front wheel is still hidden from view.

The worst problem I'm having right now is that you can push a flank and block 5k damage, but my tomatoes are content to sit way back and snipe ineffectively until my health is finally whittled down fighting 3-4 tanks shooting HE.  Death by a thousand 100-hp cuts.

Here soon once my Interwebs get switched to ComCast with a MUCH faster connection I'll be spamming this tank to get the final missions done for the T55A HT line. But, the best replays overall ive seen come from @sr360 in this tank. You dont want to be so close that shooting your flat turret face is a given, but you want to be close enough that they think they can pen your LFP or try to hit your turret face. The gun handling is such that you can snap shot pretty well, just minimize the expose of your turret which frontally is the only obvious weak spot