sundanceHelix

Clans for skirmishes/SHs

26 posts in this topic

The main issue that's keeping me from joining a good clan (besides my skill) is my lack of CW-viable tanks. Right now I have the Ehundo and am grinding for the IS7 and 140, plus going for the BatChat slowly. However, in the meantime, are there any competent clans which don't have strict T10 tank requirements? I'm thinking I could join for regular skirmishes, stronks, etc. Some form of organised play, at least, to take my mind off pubbing somewhat.

Competent clan?

here's a bad news,there isn't.

good ones died long time ago and the rest are nowhere near decent,checked most of the good clans and their skirmish stats and you'd be surprised at how bad things really are.

Give up life on SEA and come to NA where youll still have the same ping but less hurr durr.

Probably your best bet is to try to get on decent skirmish teams and play with them and they might let you bend some reqs, or just use the gold to accelerate your tier ten acquisition and get in that way.

What happened to DPS? Allurai made them seem like the top clan on the SEA server.

Someone like CALM would probably be good for you.

Maybe RPS?

Not sure on either requirements.

While going to NA may save you from the disaster that is the server after VN merger, the TZ differences mean little chances of comp play unless your unemployed. 

What happened to DPS? Allurai made them seem like the top clan on the SEA server.

Allurai barely did anything. Oh wait he did make the forums fun with good banter heaps of times.

Anyway, DPS is a retirement home.

You go there to pub, tourny or not play at all. 

RPS is good and active. CALM only stronk afaik. And they're meh.

Meh. Thanks guys, guess I'll just keep plugging at the CW-viable lines and apply directly to a serious clan later on. Appreciate all the responses.

Forget the serious clans mate, get in on the ground floor at MI6, great bunch of guys and girls, currently surprising a few with SH's and CW's.

You will be more than welcome and a good laugh is guaranteed.

There's SENSE but we mostly do Tier 8s while building up numbers for Tier Xs. With tank-locking mechanic, you really need a number of tanks to be an attractive recruit..

The main issue that's keeping me from joining a good clan (besides my skill) is my lack of CW-viable tanks. Right now I have the Ehundo and am grinding for the IS7 and 140, plus going for the BatChat slowly. However, in the meantime, are there any competent clans which don't have strict T10 tank requirements? I'm thinking I could join for regular skirmishes, stronks, etc. Some form of organised play, at least, to take my mind off pubbing somewhat.

Well I'm hardly an unbiased source but well..

We don't have DPS level of players here at CALM but we ARE pretty active both in CW and stronks. Statistically I'm one of the lousier ones in CALM but most of us average around 1800-2000 recent, with a few purples (and some more bordering on that) so make your own judgement.

We do make up for indivdual skills in CW and stronks through some good calling, since we just got a couple of experienced ones in.

Atmosphere-wise we're pretty chill about stuff and we DO need new players given the amount of land we're holding and the defences every night. You probably make the requirements stat-wise (but don't quote me on this) and a good garage is a bonus (I only have ONE viable tier 8 and ONE viable tier 10 for CW so GG when I get myself locked). Callers are looking for standard fare with regards to garage (Tier 6: Crom, 34-85, T37, Type 64/Tier 8: IS-3, 50-100, ltwt., RU, 13 90/no one plays tier 10 apart from VN so doubt the reqs still hold).

All in all I'm having a good time in the clan and as I've pointed out earlier, I'm one of the newest (both to the clan and the game) and weakest players.

If you're interested just drop me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction+vouch for you. You know where to find me. I can also probably arrange for you to join our skirmishes if you just want to try out, so to speak.

Edited by Armatus

Hey @Armatus thanks for the offer. I think I'll finish grinding out my tanks first before I actually join a clan. If clans need people, I don't mind joining as legionnaire for SHs/skirmishes though, since I really lack experience in coordinated gameplay.

-snip-

With your stats right now, you can honestly get into practically any clan you want. Standards have been lowered across the board in English clans due to lack of decent recruits imo. And T8s are the thing right now, 2 cw capable t8s should be relatively cheap and will get you through. Given that clan selection is not a problem, you should be looking at the other things a clan offers. Do you value a strict command structure with nice organization? Or do you prefer shenanigans, and if so, up to PBKAC [email protected] standards ;) ? Is clan wars or dedicated strongholds more important for you? Do you mind the skill levels of the players in the clan? 

As for ARMED, its a 80% green clan with outliers, and quite chill. Recently got a team into the silver league as well, RNG Shamans, of which I'm a member of. Active in CW so by extension stronks too. Very interested in active players, as all English clans are right now imo. In fact, I reckon the ongoing war is simply there to maintain active player numbers, as no battles ends up with members going to sleep. 

@Bohan Hmm I will consider that. Which tanks do you consider the staples of T8 CW? I'm not particularly familiar with the T8 standard tank list.

Same stuff as what armatus listed, though suitable alternatives such as WZ132,WZ111, 110, T32, 54mod will be taken in a pinch if needed.

DPS is still stronkest clam, but we're pretty much inactive outside of major campaigns.

Okay so E100 was my only Tier10 for the longest time now, but I just got the Object 140. ^^ (Finally!) Slowly getting used to the tank, although I started with pretty shit stats initially. (Still shit.)

Tried applying to CALM a second time but I think the application is gonna fall through again so... I have the understanding that so far my clan applications all fail because I do not have enough CW-viable tanks.

Any clans which would take a shitter with only two Tier 10s and some viable Tier 8s? I live in GMT +8 so that might impact SH/CW availability.

Tier 10s: E100, Object 140
Tier 8s: IS3, 1390

Other information which might be relevant:
Tier 9s: T10, T54, Lorraine, FV3805 (moving up to IS7, BatChat, CGC)

:disco: 

4 hours ago, sundanceHelix said:

Okay so E100 was my only Tier10 for the longest time now, but I just got the Object 140. ^^ (Finally!) Slowly getting used to the tank, although I started with pretty shit stats initially. (Still shit.)

Tried applying to CALM a second time but I think the application is gonna fall through again so... I have the understanding that so far my clan applications all fail because I do not have enough CW-viable tanks.

Any clans which would take a shitter with only two Tier 10s and some viable Tier 8s? I live in GMT +8 so that might impact SH/CW availability.

Tier 10s: E100, Object 140
Tier 8s: IS3, 1390

Other information which might be relevant:
Tier 9s: T10, T54, Lorraine, FV3805 (moving up to IS7, BatChat, CGC)

:disco: 

There aren't that many competitive English-speaking clans on SEA anymore, so you don't have much choice.

Tier 1: DPS (obviously)

Tier 1.5: OMEGA

Tier 2: CHE maybe?

Tier 2.5: ANZAF, CALM, RPS

To be honest CALM have been falling off a bit lately due to general burnout and also fatigue from the mini-campaign. Around the time of the OP we were top in Tier 8, but after that season ended for mini-campaign we just stuck to doing SH for a while without CW, until the current campaign started.

The others are either not competitive or not English speaking. Some of the Japanese ones are pretty decent (SDRHB is good, though I think mostly inactive, then you have PZSRL. A lot of them speak basic English, which (together with spam pinging) is all you need to call/follow orders).

Yeah I recommend ANZAF mate,  been in it some 200+ days. 2 tier 10s should be enough because during non-campaign we run tier 8 CWs and I usually pull some 2000-3500 gold per month which pays for all my crew training / camo / equipment needs. Do run regular SH depending on opponents, but CALM/HOPE would be the go-to English SH clam.

Do have our subclam ANZAR as well. 

Although it's worth noting that being in the +8 timezone like me the clan bases off AEST so battles are 4-7pm.

I live in +8, but I work in the daytime (9 to 6+ job), so 4-7pm is pretty shit for me. :(

Nevermind, I guess, probably will just bum around in HOPE for a bit while I grind out more TXs then apply to CALM. Or something. *shrugs*

It's all about T8 now, just FYI. IS-3's always get picked, then ltwts, T-32's, RU, 50 100, in that rough order.

Yeah, but since CALM continues to ignore my applications I'm just going ahead to assume that the reason is a lack of Tier 10s. A little birdie told me that was likely the case the previous time I applied and got ignored.

1 hour ago, sundanceHelix said:

Yeah, but since CALM continues to ignore my applications I'm just going ahead to assume that the reason is a lack of Tier 10s. A little birdie told me that was likely the case the previous time I applied and got ignored.

It's ok, you can take my place. I don't even know why I'm in a clam.