spencer

NA Top 50 DPG tables for every tank. 150 battles and above only.

219 posts in this topic

Hey.

As part of an exercise for learning some basic webdev stuff I'm very slowly creating a dpg tracking site using dpg/frag data for every player on NA via the WoT api. I have some other ideas that I'd like to implement but for now I have a simple top 50 list for (almost?) every tank based on dpg. I've only included entries with more than 150 battles. The number itself is arbitrary but it's more statistically significant than a lower number (duh) while still keeping it somewhat accessible.

You can download the website in its current state here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fdsuu792r9f67p3/website.zip

index.html is the home page.

Site is now live at www.dpgwhores.com

I'd like feedback on the website design and methodology. So far it's only been tested on the latest version of Chrome so it might be horribly broken on other browsers. I'd rather not have a discussion about the best way to measure skill; I've chosen to only track hard stats, so it is what it is.

Cheers~

Edited by spencer

Good Work! BTW where have you been :( I just came back to tanks and you're gone...

This is awesome.  It provides a lot more insight into peak DPMs than I've seen from other sources.

Good Work! BTW where have you been :( I just came back to tanks and you're gone...

Not much interest in playing atm.

*gets out epeen*

My top scores:

JPE-100 Rank #5: Kind of a surprise, always felt like I did pretty bad in it. Shit tank.

SU-100Y #2: What.

JT88 #2: What.

215b 183 #5: You guys playing this now have no idea what you're missing.

WZ-111 1-4 #5: Kinda crazy standings considering I both did the stock grind and played a large chunk of my games years ago.

Obj 268 #9: Both a testament to how far it has fell and how incredibly unrealistic people are about what DPG should be considered decent. At the time my DPG was considered mediocre.

KV-85 #9: Statpadding allday.

Obj 704 #38: I actually did really poor in this tank for a long time. I bought it again a year later and rocked like 5k DPG in the thing, I assume this is the result.

Foch 155 #23: Also a surprise, guess not playing it post nerf helped.

Leopard 1 #16: Why must you suck so bad, Leo.

T57 Heavy #33: Same as the Foch, sold it the moment it was nerfed. Used to be god tier.

KV-5 #21: Always felt I did pretty good in the tank, considering my hardon for using AP this rank is pretty nice!

IS-6 #45: Yep, sounds about right.

If I play a few more battles in my DW2 to get to 150 battles, I might make it in the top 10? Wow does everyone else free XP over that tank?  I enjoyed it.  It was a fun little tank.

Lel, I never thought I would even rank on any of these but:

JT88 #3: Oh hello Rexxie right above me.

Bat 155 55 #2: I despised this thing...although evidently my displeasure still makes me among the highest DPG...huh.

GWE #5: I have all the Tier 10 arty...I still hate playing them though, evidently so does everyone else.

JPE #44: RIP, although I'm surprised I ranked in the top 50.

OB261 #5: Whelp of all the arty I've played recently that have broke 150 games I'm in the top 50....don't hate me pls.

M53 #3: I haven't played this in forever...I really do want to take it out again.

SU-122-44 #44: Whoo I'm actually in the top 50!

T55A #6: I'll take it :)

T92 #21: I do like this thing >.> I'm surprised I'm worse in this than the GWE though.

Waffle IV #7: I did love this tank and ended with 3500+ DPG, still surprised that not that many people did better.

All in all I have a feeling if I actually had 150 battles in a lot of tanks I would be on the list more :P otherwise I'm fairly happy with where I ended up.

Someday, I hope to be good enough to land somewhere near the bottom of one of those lists.

I'd like feedback on the website design

I'm too much a novice and much too lazy to do all the CSS stuff from scratch. Twitter Bootstrap is a godsend in that department. However, I don't see any issues with your design. Searching and sorting features for the tables would be a great addition.

Are you storing all of this information in a database and dynamically generating the static HTML pages for the ZIP archive dynamically?

My life is complete knowing I'm #2 for damage in the Jagzilla, thanks bic boi

Need to play 7 more battles in the A45 so I can get onto the top 5.

Edit: Fucking christ, I platooned with username000 for 2/3 of the battles he played in the Bulldog and he STILL got #1 DPG in it despite us fucking around for the most part.

Bromwell #11 yay, I am ranked somewhere

M48a1 #15 Hm not bad

T26e4 #6 ayyyy

I could be #4 in the T67 if I played more games, ah well, my T10 dpgs are pretty crap

If I play a few more battles in my DW2 to get to 150 battles, I might make it in the top 10? Wow does everyone else free XP over that tank?  I enjoyed it.  It was a fun little tank.

DW2 is lots of fun, broken tier and all. I parked it after 201 battles, #5 on damage, #1 on win rate. (It can earn some ridiculous WN8 scores, as well.)

(Used to have #1 win rate for Lee, but have slid to #48 on damage. Not sure I want to suffer through it again enough to fix that.)