spencer

NA Top 50 DPG tables for every tank. 150 battles and above only.

221 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what the restriction is on the proxies, but EU will be more workable if you drop the perfection requirement and use heavier account filters. Something like 2k battles and 4k WG-PR for a start. You could then use either recent or account WN9 (cut to ~50%) to control update frequency: If someone's playing badly then there's not much point pulling their tanks/stats for another 1k battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2016 at 8:08 AM, DHP said:

Hi, thanks for your work, but is EU still on the table ? 

On 7/9/2016 at 6:17 AM, Stige said:

Gief EU pliz. NA is ded anyway!

Maybe. See my reply to RichardNixon below.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:54 AM, Patient0 said:

Add the Grille pls.

I'll look into it over the weekend.

On 7/9/2016 at 6:35 PM, RichardNixon said:

I'm not sure what the restriction is on the proxies, but EU will be more workable if you drop the perfection requirement and use heavier account filters. Something like 2k battles and 4k WG-PR for a start. You could then use either recent or account WN9 (cut to ~50%) to control update frequency: If someone's playing badly then there's not much point pulling their tanks/stats for another 1k battles.

Yeah that might be doable. My restriction is that I have I don't want to pay for separate IP addresses; with the provider I'm using atm (Heroku), I only get something like 18h of compute time a day or something like that with their free plan. The last provider I was using banned my accounts for using their servers as proxies so I am a bit conservative now with how I use these free services. If this one goes under, the remaining alternatives are honestly kinda shite. 

Anyway, I think they recently gave me a few extra days of compute time per month. So it's definitely doable if the number of people I track on EU is about the same or smaller than my NA collection. I could also update it less frequently or reduce the update frequency on NA.

I'll look into it if I have the time, but for now RL is the priority, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, your server is the issue? If that is so, I can give you access to my box for this quest if that is what you require.

I got a box laying around doing nothing with a fresh linux server installed, can't even remember which one lol >.< 
It is paid for atleast 6-7 more months and will probably continue be so after that aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stige said:

Wait, your server is the issue? If that is so, I can give you access to my box for this quest if that is what you require.

I got a box laying around doing nothing with a fresh linux server installed, can't even remember which one lol >.< 
It is paid for atleast 6-7 more months and will probably continue be so after that aswell.

My actual server is more than sufficient. The bottleneck is the number of unique IP addresses I have to run my proxies to query the WoT API. The WoT API only gives you a limited number of requests per second from each unique IP address. I haven't really found a cheap way to have loads of different IP addresses to run proxies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you already using last_battle_time for filtering? The initial pass for tanks/stats is brutal (~10-15m EU API calls for a complete sample), but the updates are relatively light because there are only ~750k active EU accounts. You can do that on a single IP with <2 day latency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Are you already using last_battle_time for filtering? The initial pass for tanks/stats is brutal (~10-15m EU API calls for a complete sample), but the updates are relatively light because there are only ~750k active EU accounts. You can do that on a single IP with <2 day latency.

 

No not yet. That's a great idea, I can update EU in a couple hours if it's only 750k active players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spencer said:

No not yet. That's a great idea, I can update EU in a couple hours if it's only 750k active players.

Spencer come back to wot :nmad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spencer said:

Ok I'm slowly working on stuff again. New tanks should turn up in 2-3 days. New players a bit after that.

EU ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spencer said:

Yeah but it'll have to wait till after this round of improvements.

Long time no see big boiiii 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spencer said:

why are you still playing ffs

I got Overwatch like a month ago + new semester coming up so I guess I'm not going to any longer :kwim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, _Dia said:

I got Overwatch like a month ago + new semester coming up so I guess I'm not going to any longer :kwim:

You'll come crawling back.

Also http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/19217/

Are you ogHaKo @CarbonWard?

New tanks up, and new tanks sHould be automatically added from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spencer said:

You'll come crawling back.

Also http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/19217/

Are you ogHaKo @CarbonWard?

New tanks up, and new tanks sHould be automatically added from now on.

ogHako is his own person iirc some dude from RUS -> MAHOU

Also Dia is the worst Widow I've ever seen. I have Parkinson's and I aim better :feelsbad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, _Assad said:

ogHako is his own person iirc some dude from RUS -> MAHOU

Also Dia is the worst Widow I've ever seen. I have Parkinson's and I aim better :feelsbad:

 

k guess I'll just stick to Pharah rocket AoE spam :feelsbad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2016 at 6:36 PM, Kolni said:

EU hype :frenchy: 

If it comes out we will finally know if the best DPG famer are on EU or NA !!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So on NA there's about ~100-150k active accounts (my player database is a bit outdated but this will be fixed soon), which only takes 2-3 hours to update; the number of players in my NA database with more than ~250 battles is close to 1 million which I was updating everyday previously (which took about 13 hours). Using RN's figures for active accounts in EU (150k NA + 750k EU ~ 900k), I should be able to update EU and NA everyday. It'll probably be 2-4 weeks away as I'm only putting in about 1-2 hours a week on this currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
25 minutes ago, spencer said:

So on NA there's about ~100-150k active accounts (my player database is a bit outdated but this will be fixed soon), which only takes 2-3 hours to update; the number of players in my NA database with more than ~250 battles is close to 1 million which I was updating everyday previously (which took about 13 hours). Using RN's figures for active accounts in EU (150k NA + 750k EU ~ 900k), I should be able to update EU and NA everyday. It'll probably be 2-4 weeks away as I'm only putting in about 1-2 hours a week on this currently.

I would say that you don't have to update data every day if that reduces the stress on server or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.