TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

383 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Taze said:

Tell me how to do TD mission "deal at least 5000 damage and crit (destroy/kill) 3 enemy vehicle modules or crewmembers (don't end battle with destroyed modules or dead crewmembers)"? It's easy in theory, but problem is that it doesn't count fixed modules or healed crewmembers and now the kits are multi usable... basically impossible unless you happen to destroy module or kill crewmember with your killshot. So, some very high alpha gun is only option? JPE? 183? (I don't have either though)

So you're saying that in the end of the battle recap, where I see I killed crew members or destroyed modules, those players never fixed/healed them with a kit?

1 minute ago, Thundercrack said:

So you're saying that in the end of the battle recap, where I see I killed crew members or destroyed modules, those players never fixed/healed them with a kit?

That's what I have been told by few different people. Never really followed it though, so this may require a little research, if no one can confirm?

I don't think this is the case.  Maybe those people are thinking of the HT mission where you have to end the battle with no modules/crew destroyed/dead?

2 minutes ago, Taze said:

That's what I have been told by few different people. Never really followed it though, so this may require a little research, if no one can confirm?

I think there's confusion here, because you can get the "make it through the battle unscathed" missions by using a repair/medkit to fix damage, but I don't think if your target fixes it takes the mission away. 

On 6/16/2017 at 3:05 PM, NotDeadJustPining said:

I think there's confusion here, because you can get the "make it through the battle unscathed" missions by using a repair/medkit to fix damage, but I don't think if your target fixes it takes the mission away. 

This is exactly right.  If you cause module or crew damage to the enemy it is counted immediately regardless of repair. If your tank is required to have no module or crew damage it is checked only at the end of battle.

As I am (a) a potato compared to most of the posters on wotlabs, and (b) I have only just completed the T55a missions, I thought I would save this part of this thread to record the tanks I used to complete Object 260 missions. That of course presumes I will manage to complete any (I dont do arty missions). Here goes;

LT1: 59-16 (67% into second perk only) = http://wotreplays.com/site/3710085#airfield-arthurwellsley-59-16

LT2:

HT1:

MT1: T34-85

MT 2:

TD1: Object 704 (with top gun equipped 152mm BL-10)

TD 2: Object 704  = http://wotreplays.com/site/3706992#karelia-arthurwellsley-object_704

TD 3: SU101 (without top gun) = http://wotreplays.com/site/3709118#fisherman_s_bay-arthurwellsley-su-101

TD 4:

Need ht 15.3 to get my t55a.  Don't. Play much heavies,  I have a few though and could rebuy some.  Don't have maus. Is the maus and type 5 the way to go?  Have enough free xp there to unlock any tank line,  could unlock the Japanese heavies.  Only played it up to t6.  Or would the soon to be nerfed maus still be a better choice.  Would have to unlock just 8-10

8 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Need ht 15.3 to get my t55a.  Don't. Play much heavies,  I have a few though and could rebuy some.  Don't have maus. Is the maus and type 5 the way to go?  Have enough free xp there to unlock any tank line,  could unlock the Japanese heavies.  Only played it up to t6.  Or would the soon to be needed maus still be a better choice.  Would have to unlock just 8-10

I would vote Maus.

Here is my T55a HT15 completion in a Maus

http://wotreplays.com/site/3410034#live_oaks-arthurwellsley-maus