TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

456 posts in this topic

hmm stuck on some t-55 missions.

Lt - spot and damage 3 arty. yeah great, 3 arty in a game max - amx 13 90 + t49(90mm).
MT - kill 2 td +1 tier, not so bad I just havnt mt for a bit probably a British or my e8 or something
HT - bounce 3 * hp plus do 2k damage, trying with the mauschen and type 5 but.. either game goes too quickly or gold ammo. bouncing 5-6k isnt a problem but with these I need moar.
SPG - be top xp and do 2.5k because arty fucked you over damage. missed out on top xp once by 20pts to do this :/ currently in tier 8 US arty hoping for tier 10 games on open maps...
TD - do 6k damage (from memory) not too crazy T-30 or scorpg should knock this off been within 1 shot of doing it a few times.

personal missions are changing a little 9.20.1? tokens or something? I've completed the previous 2 tanks with all missions most of the 15 with honours.

10 hours ago, zarphag said:

hmm stuck on some t-55 missions.

Lt - spot and damage 3 arty. yeah great, 3 arty in a game max - amx 13 90 + t49(90mm).
MT - kill 2 td +1 tier, not so bad I just havnt mt for a bit probably a British or my e8 or something
HT - bounce 3 * hp plus do 2k damage, trying with the mauschen and type 5 but.. either game goes too quickly or gold ammo. bouncing 5-6k isnt a problem but with these I need moar.
SPG - be top xp and do 2.5k because arty fucked you over damage. missed out on top xp once by 20pts to do this :/ currently in tier 8 US arty hoping for tier 10 games on open maps...
TD - do 6k damage (from memory) not too crazy T-30 or scorpg should knock this off been within 1 shot of doing it a few times.

personal missions are changing a little 9.20.1? tokens or something? I've completed the previous 2 tanks with all missions most of the 15 with honours.

LT: this will change tomorrow (?) to require only "Spot and cause damage to 1 SPG. Destroy 1 SPG" - will be easier

MT: will change to "Cause 2500 damage to tank destroyers" (hodors change to win + damage 7 enemies) - will arguably be easier

HT: I also struggled a lot to get there. Answer was VK 100.01 P, as much as I dreaded freexping it, it gave me this mission in 29 battles

SPG: Its possible if you are lucky enough to repeatedly stun high level ppl engaged in brawling your team - for example at/near the encounter cap on Murovanka. Focus on where the action is, not on juicy lone targets in the back line etc. Arguably it might even be easier in a relatively lower tier, as its not pure damage you need, only assist, and lower tier is more accurate and fires faster - more stuns/tracks and thus assists. Also you get more XP as a bottom tier hitting higher tier
Note: after tomorrow hodors will also ask for actual damage instead of just a win

TD: This will come at tier 9 or higher eventually, just need the stars to align. T30 did mine, Jagdtiger couple times since

I could try and explain how the new system will work, but you will see tomorrow anyway. Point is, the more of earlier sets' 15.X "final" missions with honors you have completed, the easier it is to finish subsequent steps as your unused commendations (will be called orders) will be carrying over into subsequent mission sets.

Cheers, probably have 8 out of the previous 10 15.x missions with hons, worth going back to redo them? not sure..

Changes look good for the missions, not sure when the SEA server will get them tho.

Worth going backwards to vk100.01p from the mauschen? I dont feel its as strong armour wise for its tier.

1 hour ago, zarphag said:

Cheers, probably have 8 out of the previous 10 15.x missions with hons, worth going back to redo them? not sure..

Changes look good for the missions, not sure when the SEA server will get them tho.

Worth going backwards to vk100.01p from the mauschen? I dont feel its as strong armour wise for its tier.

Did you complete all 5 branches or just 4? It makes a huge difference.

See my post in the thread below to figure out the math: 

Note that this behavior has been confirmed using the test server since I made that post.

In other words, I should have an Object 260 in my garage this week.

:dealdog:

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

Did you complete all 5 branches or just 4? It makes a huge difference.

I've completed all previous tank missions, all bar 2 of the final missions with honours

1 hour ago, zarphag said:

I've completed all previous tank missions, all bar 2 of the final missions with honours

That gives you 8 orders. You could skip two final missions. 

7 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

260 is shit.

Yeah... Playing it for the first time with half a dozen Super Conquerors on each side is not fun. I'm getting penned through the gun mantlet mercilessly.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

260 is shit.

And I smell a 2nd wave of personal missions coming soon.

Agreed, usually in mmorpgs when a new batch of super elite quests and missions get introduced the last batch gets smashed to smithereens. I'm guessing something announced in January once the HD player bump dies down.

On the bright side I have a load of 260 commendations so I can start looking to skip dumb missions like the anti-3 SPG ones that, with the lack of arty, are pretty much logically impossible to do.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:04 AM, Stiglic said:

HT: I also struggled a lot to get there. Answer was VK 100.01 P, as much as I dreaded freexping it, it gave me this mission in 29 battles

This is the one I'm on and dreading.  VK 100.01 P still the preferred answer?  What about VK 4502B?  I don't have either, but I might have to grind one.

1 hour ago, Tanager said:

This is the one I'm on and dreading.  VK 100.01 P still the preferred answer?  What about VK 4502B?  I don't have either, but I might have to grind one.

Some tanks which have a shot:
VK 100
Jpn HTs tier 7+
Super Conq

18 hours ago, Tanager said:

It seems to make sense to me - being tier 8, its more likely to meet opponents that have no hope of penning it + also easier to research. And you will need Mauschen/Maus for the Obj 260 set, I suppose
Case in point: my HT 12.3 was only possible due to some Su-152 slinging copious amounts of 152mm Heat - and you are far more likely to run into stuff like that at tier 8 than 9, imo.

In the meantime I have also done HT 15.3 with hodors on El Halluf in a top tier Pz VII - 6k damage, 7k blocked - the rush near the end of the battle when I saw from he numbers that it might finally be within reach was amazing
I still had all my HP, but was too excited to count how much dam+bounced was still missing (I already had plenty, but probably still a bit short), so I basically yoloed face first, balls waving in the air into the remaining JPz E100 and Tortoise like "just shoot me already you pussies HIT MEE", and then the JPz bounced and I knew now I must have it - it was great. I got to live, even.

On 18/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, WhatTheSkara said:

260 is shit.

And I smell a 2nd wave of personal missions coming soon.

There are rumours that there will be a new personal campaign. 

I wonder if this will cancel the current one and I cannot get Obj 260 any more, or it will be supplemental.

Just a quick note to those like me who are still working on the 260 missions. @StranaMechty suggestion to use Obj140/T62a for MT-4 (track 4; damage 4 immobilized) worked great for me after I had been struggling to get this one done with other tanks..

Sorry to keep posting here but I appreciated the advice in this thread and want to give back. I was struggling with MT-12 for the 260 missions (cause equal or higher to burn; 3k damage) - E50, Obj 430, Obj 140, T-62a, and various other lower-tier tanks. The suggestion I have read to use the B-C 25t AP did the trick for me easily - got it in just a handful of tries.

I did mine by accident in the Obj 430. It's just a matter of playing normally and waiting for the stars to align.

The randomness/waiting-for-the-starts-to-align point is definitely true. But, at least for me, it seems like my chances increased with burst damage (6 x ~300) against opposition. I was getting frustrated seeing in the end plates that I had damaged multiple fuel tanks and engines w/o any fires. With the b-c, though, I was able to blast away at an Obj 430's fuel tank until it caught on fire. Again - totally agree about the randomness. But at least it felt like I had some control with the burst.

That is certainly true. Something with decent HE pen and getting the rear of US tanks works as well, but when I was doing the Obj. missions I didn't feel like pursuing them too hard, I just played the game and eventually did the missions.

What's the best way of getting SPG-15 for 260 done with honors?

Grand Battles? There just isn't that much HP at T9 when playing SPGs, apparently.

Just get some 15s with honours and use the orders to skip the obj260 arty set entirely..

Do I seriously need a Maus or type 5 heavy for the T55A HT-12? 

HT-12: Sturdy Armor Tier VI - X

Your armor can block a great amount of damage if you use it well.Main Objective

• Damage blocked by armor must be at least triple the HP of your vehicle.
• Cause at least 2,000 HP of damage.

Secondary Objective

• Win the battle.
• Survive the battle.

Course it's not the latter I have a problem with - but of course because of skipping arty missions I also need to do this with honors so..

I have only this mission to get the T55A and move on but I just can't do this. I don't know which tank would be sufficient. I have 277 and Sconq but they are not good enough because I get rekt by arty so hard before I could pile up the bounces... :(

Seriously I need to buy a t29 or something for this...?