TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

446 posts in this topic

Platooning with TD's doesn't increase the chance of there being more TD's on enemy side, right? It isn't like arty IIRC.

Platooning with TD's doesn't increase the chance of there being more TD's on enemy side, right? It isn't like arty IIRC.

It certainly wont hurt

Thanks!

Correct. The only vehicles that get (roughly) balanced per side are artillery and lights classified as scouts. As of the 8.5 patch that introduced the "scout" category, those tanks are...

The following vehicles will be marked as Scouts:

USSR

T-50
T-50-2

Germany

Pz38nA
Luchs
VK 16.02
VK 28.01
Auf_Panther

United States

M24 Chaffee
T21
T71

France

ELC AMX
AMX 12t
AMX 13 75
AMX 13 90

China

M5A1 Stuart
59 16
WZ 131
WZ 132

My presumption is that the new tier 8 lights that don't exist in that list and the ones replacing removed vehicles would also count, but one can never be entirely sure because :Wargaming:.

I do not suggest this as a good choice but I shocked myself by completing the StuG IV HT-15 mission in my A45 last night. Yeah, I am bragging - sorry. It was the best game my mediocre playing self ever had in the thing, blocked 3115 dmg thanks to bouncing a couple shots from an IS, a couple shots from an SU-152, a shot from an SU-100Y and some other smaller stuff too - leaving me at 62 health at the end. Good luck and a good team mate in an IS.

A45Mastercnsr.jpg

Updated STUG IV Missions to reflect latest criteria

Correct. The only vehicles that get (roughly) balanced per side are artillery and lights classified as scouts. As of the 8.5 patch that introduced the "scout" category, those tanks are...

Hidden Content

My presumption is that the new tier 8 lights that don't exist in that list and the ones replacing removed vehicles would also count, but one can never be entirely sure because :Wargaming:.

Some of my tier recommendations are simply to guarantee a certain MM, like a tier 8 arty seeing tier 10 tanks every time will inevitably earn better EXP for shooting same tier 10s

Most of my missioning I have at least a few tanks in each category that I swap between based on the mission requirements.

Vast majority of my Medium missions have been done with either t10 mediums, the Type 59, or the Cromwell/Cromwell B.

Light Tanks, I tend to do any ones with spotting damage requirements at T8, either 1390 or RU251, and then the ones that required # of spots, # of tracks, unspotted stuff, etc, in my T37 or Type 64. Generally find the lower skill players at lower tiers to be less likely to understand spotting and outspot me if I know what's going on.

TDs, standards have been all there. Hellcat, E25, 122-44, T110E4, 183, 268. Hellcat/E4 probably did the most work here, with specific tanks coming out for individual missions otherwise.

Heavies is probably my largest list in terms of the ones I've used for missions. I've pretty much used any/every heavy that I own at this point. T150, KV2, IS6, KV5, FCM 50T, 50 100, IS7, E100, 50B, 57 Heavy.

The thing I would offer to try and help people with mission tank selection is definitely to consider and not overlook the tier 6s. T6 tanks have done a lot of work for me for most of these missions, and are often the most straightforward way to complete some of these missions.

Also, do not lose hope too easily for the fire mission. I've played 200+ games of fail platooned Cromwell with T8 pref premiums trying for it and still it eludes me, but at this point, I'm committed. 

Also, do not lose hope too easily for the fire mission. I've played 200+ games of fail platooned Cromwell with T8 pref premiums trying for it and still it eludes me, but at this point, I'm committed. 

E25 works better.

T8 pref gives you a much larger array of targets, which is important for RNG missions.

Less squishy targets with VStabs as standard, though. I pulled it off once against +2 tiers, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Edit: by which I mean what works fine for you or Pompous, I might struggle with and people worse than me would find more difficult still.

Updated T28 Concept Missions

@Never trying to use spoiler tags is a royal pain right now, writing it in Notepad first, and when I paste it omfg

T28 Concept (All mission tanks must be tier 5 or greater)
Light Tanks 
[quote]
1.      Any tier 5+ Scout
2.      Any fast moving tier 5+ scout, Recommend ELC AMX
3.      Any fast firing tier 5+ scout, Recommend Chaffee
4.      Any tier 6+ Scout
5.      T37, Type 64
6.      T37, Type 64 both with Binocs and Coated optics
7.      ELC AMX, T37, Type 64
8.      Platoon of tier 5+ scouts
9.      T37, Type 64 with Coated Optics and Binocs, any tier 7+ scout
10.   Any tier 5+ Scout you’re comfortable with
11.   Any rapid-firing tier 5+ Scout tank
12.   CH Scouts, AMX 13-90, T54L
13.   Platoon two tier 7 scouts with a tier 8 arty
14.   Any tier 6+ scout Platoon
15.   Any tier 7+ Scout
[/quote]
Medium Tank
[quote]
1.      Any tier 5+ medium
2.      Type T-34, T-34, M7
3.      BatChat 25t, Lorrain 40t
4.      Any tier 5+ medium
5.      Type T-34 or T-34
6.      Any medium tier 9+
7.      M7, Type T-34 or T-34
8.      BatChat25t
9.      Cromwell with E25, Comet/T20 with any pref MM tier 8 tank
10.   M7, Type T-34 or T-34
11.   E50, E50M
12.   Cromwell with E25, Comet/T20 with any pref MM tier 8 tank
13.   Any tier 9+ medium while platooned
14.   Any platoon of tier 5+
15.   BatChat 25t
[/quote]
Heavy Tanks
[quote]
1.      Any tier 5+ HT
2.      RU Heavy Tanks
3.      Any Heavy Tank tier 5+
4.      E100 with HE
5.      AMX 50B, T57H, E100, IS7
6.      Any tier 5+ Heavy
7.      AMX 50-100, AMX 50-120, AMX 50B, RU HTs tier 8+ while platooned
8.      Any tier 9+ HT
9.      AMX 50B
10.   Any tier 5+ Heavy Tank
11.   Any tier 8+ HT
12.   T29, T32, IS3, IS7, VB4502B
13.   Any platoon of Auto-Loading HTs/Mediums
14.   Any platoon of HT+ Any other Tank Variety
15.   All GE HTs tier 9+, T57H, AMX 50B
[/quote]
Artillery
[quote]
1.      Any tier 5+ Arty
2.      M53/55, Obj 261
3.      M53/55
4.      Any Arty tier 5+
5.      M40/43 platooned with a tier 10 tank
6.      Any tier 8 arty platooned with a tier 10
7.      Any tier 6 arty platooned with E25, or tier 7 arty platooned with pref MM Tier 8 Tank
8.      Any tier 8 arty platooned with a tier 10 (Recommend FR, US, or GE)
9.      FV304
10.   Any arty tier 5+ with range exceeding 800m which has premium HE
11.   M40/43, M53/55, ConqGC, T92
12.   Any arty tier 5+
13.   Any arty tier 5+ while platooned
14.   Any arty tier 8+ while platooned
15.   GE tier 7 arty platooned with pref MM tier 8 tank, M53/55
[/quote]
Tank Destroyers
[quote]
1.      Any tier 5 TD+
2.      SU152
3.      E25, any tier 4+ TD
4.      E25, SU100, RHM
5.      Waffle E100, any tier 6+ TD
6.      E25, Waffle E100, any TD tier 5+ w/ accuracy greater than .38
7.      E25, RHM
8.      SU100
9.      E25, Any rapid-firing TD tier 5+
10.   RHM
11.   Any TD tier 8+
12.   Any tier 7 TD platooned with pref MM tier 8 Tank, or tier 9 TD platooned with a tier 10
13.   Any TD tier 5+ while platooned
14.   Any TD tier 5+ while platooned
15.   Any TD tier 8+
[/quote]

And updated for the current 260 missions

@StranaMechty if you dont mind looking at the 260 missions, I believe Im close/Spot-on but would like your opinion

Marine, Marine, Marine, I am disappoint.

HT-4 is NOT an HE-100 mission. Not at all. Tanks are too heavily armored to reliably get internal crits, and you're #ThrowingForMissions

It's a KV-2 mission. I get the 260 version of that mission pretty much EVERY time I play the KV-2. In fact, I got HT-4.3 on my first try with the KV-2 (hit a Hellcat with an HE round to kill 3 crewmembers and destroy his turret ring, ammo rack, and engine followed by an HE round into an M44 for another 6 crits - both loaders, gunner, gun, ammo rack, engine). 14 crits in one game.

The new O-I tier 6 should also work.

I went with HE100 because of secondary considerations, but you're 100% correct @sr360 it would have also helped if I ever played that tank, which I havent yet.

Updated for KV2'ness

I went with HE100 because of secondary considerations, but you're 100% correct @sr360 it would have also helped if I ever played that tank, which I havent yet.

Updated for KV2'ness

Just to reinforce the point. Got the T-55A. Loaded up the KV-2 for a double (with no 6th, mind you). Selected HT-4.4. Results:

G0FX2v0.jpg?1

16 crits in 1 game.

I didn't do the 260 arty missions, so I only have a theoretical basis for those and consequently didn't touch them. Otherwise, my thoughts...

LT

LT-2, LT-3 - Highly recommend lowest tier possible.

LT-9 - Highly recommend not using the T-54L. Sub-par view range and camo. Even tier 8 is not recommended due to the relative strenghts of tier 9 mediums. Suggest tier 6/7 max.

MT

MT-2 - 57mm armed A-43.

MT-4 - Highly recommend Object 140 or T-62A. Highly accurate high penetration kinetic round that can track and damage in one go, and has rapid follow up that can beat track repair if track/damage combo fails.

MT-8 - Recommend T-34-85 or Rudy platooned with pref 8 premium.

MT-11 - VK 3002 M is also very good for the same reasons as the E-50, but has a wider array of targets.

HT

HT-2 - I used the IS-2, the power of the D-25T at tier 7 is quite significant, and it's fast enough to close with enemies.

HT-5 - FV215b. With 410m base view range there are *lots* of targets in your view range. Not super critical, though.

HT-6 - T-150 works as well. Platoon with tier 8 prefs and have them set up kills for you.

HT-9 - AMX 50 100 or FCM 50t 

TD

TD-4, TD-10 - These missions exhibit anomalous behavior and being unspotted does not seem to actually be a requirement.

TD-5 - Hellcat APCR sniping.

TD-6 - Any tier 10 TD with an APCR round for 25% velocity boost. I used the 263.

TD-7 - Hellcat

TD-8 - Hellcat

TD-15 - Whichever tier 10 TD you are most comfortable and competent in. I did it in the 263 each time because it suits me the best. This is about personal performance when conditions are right, if you're in a TD you aren't good with you can't rise to the occasion.

As an aside, I also second the KV-2 recommendation. I repurchased it specifically for the mission and it never let me down. 

Regarding TD-6 for T-55A... I don't think that "any" Tier X TD will do the job - right now I have the Foch, 268, T110E3 & T110E4 in my garage and I seriously doubt that the Foch will hit ANYTHING on the move at anything over point-blank range... the 268 also has serious issues leading targets both due to gun traverse and shell speed (including stupid shell drop by the auto-adjust system, if you're aiming in front of your target) and with the E3 & E4 I simply can't really afford being that far away from the front line

Not to mention that I'm having issues actually finding 250m firing lanes in the first place - for instance, I thought I could get away with the balcony/ramp from the mid on Ruinberg, shooting in the sides of the HTs in the Encounter cap circle, but nope, that's just shy of 250m (245 or something IIRC)

For MT-4.4 I actually used the derp  Cromwell. It's sort of terrible and sort of hilariously fun, especially with the goofy shell velocity. But it's pretty easy to get tracking plus HP damage in a single shot as well as maneuver into good positions to do so. Plus aiming for drive sprockets reliably at 360ms ping is tough.

Updated for KV2'ness

E100 works too if someone does not have KV2 or cannot buy it, did o260 mission with e100. But kv2 is surely lot more reliable.