TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

456 posts in this topic

A-43 is OPOP for missions.

Use ZiS-4 gun, apcr and deadeye; do fire-mission in a few tries easy.

Same with hitting XX shots in a row, it shoots like constantly.

Since nobody has cared enough to add this to OP, I'll just add that I gave this setup to a fellow norwegian tanker yesterday, and after him being stuck on that mission for two months he finally did it within the 5 first games. He even got 4 fires that game, just to make sure.

Later in the evening gave setup to a guy that knows one of my guys, and this morning he had completed that mission too with two fires and was excited enough to PM me.

REKT

Comments for o260 missions:

LT4: Not especially T49 mission, using t49 would miss opportunities because of its long aim time and inaccuracy. Need tank which can hit targets reliably and fast even longer ranges ->T37, it has firepower of medium tank for its tier + seal clubbing effect playing tier 6. Only 500 assist damage needed so lower tiers work just fine, fast RoF keeps target perma-tracked. But any scout works really.

LT5, LT6, LT9: Pure spotting mission- > tier 6 scouts (vision advantage + less skilled opponents) so T37 or type64. Binocs + optics + food.

LT7 Speedy autoloader with enough damage in clip to do mission without reload, your own arties WILL steal kills if its taking too long. m41, amx1390, T71

LT8: 3 men platoon but NOT all scouts. Get some muscles, having platooned with heavies/meds gives ability to better guide match towards your goal. Platoon mates can better protect you capping with real firepower. Or delay killing last enemy etc. You need 60 cap points if win by capping, it means you need mostly solo cap anyway.

LT12: same as LT5 etc but because of damage requirement use only tier 8 or tier 7 minimum.

LT13: 1-2 scouts + 1-2 proper tiered medium tanks. Single decent t10 med farms reliably damage requirement and gets also some spots. Scouts try to get rest spots and some spare damage if they get chance. Well easy mission anyway. 3x tier 7-8 scout is fine too, damage is not problem really if players are good.

LT14 high tier scout + some firepower platooned. WTFE100, amx50b etc. Or just 2xt10 meds

MT9: Good tier 9 meds platooned with tier 10 heavy. Really trivial for e50 with gold ammo etc. Does not need to be 2 tier higher.

MT11: e50 of course, but any fast medium works if one does not own e50... just find enemy arty as they are good ram targets, shoot it once just before you ram. Works even with "bad" ramming tanks. Though do not try to ram gwe100 or CGC head on.

MT12: Cromwell with 6 pounder gun, A-43 with 57mm gun. 1.8 sec RoF -> lot of dice rolls for fire if one gets behind enemy for few seconds. Platoon with tier 7 preferred MM tank. Do not try using tier 9 tanks, too many AFE's and fire chances overall are smaller in t10 tanks. I tried Comet too but its bit slow, need speed to get behind enemies.

MT15: Any t10 med, take some HEAT so you can go through hard front armor if needed. Would not try this with fv4202 because it does not have proper gold ammo. STB-1 worked for me, lacking batchat's burst but much better constant firepower.

HT-9: Amx50-120 sounds good, did not have it soo no experience about it. Other good choices are FCM50t and AMX50-100, with these concentrate on finding enemy arty to ram, these got speed for it. Fail platoon of course.

TD-8: Hellcat or Su100. Depends what player likes, both equally good I thing. Su100 more alpha, hellcat has lot more accurate gun+ turret + speed.

TD-15: Havent done this but from other peoples comments it seems WTFE100 is most reliable for getting this.  Platooned with heavy tanks as meat shield while wtf reloads.

SPG-3: Any high tier arty, ConquerorGC + gold ammo best. Really expensive to run though.

SPG-6: Remember counter battery can be good way to get easy kill, if map is one where you know enemy arty goes.

SPG-7: Lower tiers better, one shotting those hellcats and rhm's lot easier than trying to kill heavy armored t10 td's. I used gwpanther but there is surely lot just as good options (Lorraine etc)

SPG-8 CGC, gotta get them behind rocks. 261 is much more map dependent.

SPG-10 Lower tier arties have often too low splash to get good counterbattery hits, easier to splash them dead with t9 or t10 arties. 261 is nice with its fast shell flight time. But anything really works, map is more important than used arty.

SPG-11 CGC with gold ammo, hope you have fat wallet. Maybe most expensive IM mission.

SPG-15 T8 lorraine, M40/43. 3k damage can be hard with tier 7 arties even when would otherwise do mission goals.

@MissNurkie I'll get around to updating the OP today, no worries friend!

@StranaMechty and @sahtila I will be adding your tips as well

Can anyone help me with the "kill 3 arty" mission?  Most of the time when there are actually 3 on the enemy team, the scumbags kill themselves before I get to them.

Platoon with 2 arties would be a good start. This would at least guarantee a minimum of 2 enemy arties present during each battle. Besides that, it's all down to lady luck I'm afraid. Got mine in an E50 on himmels.....got extremely lucky.

My recommendations for Object 260 missions:

LT:

• 59-16: Excellent camo and good view range using food and what not, u want a low-tier scout to do spotting missions in that have number but not damage requirements. The T37 and other t6 lights are usually not sneaky enough.
  • Camo net & binocs for passive spotting missions

HT:

• For anything with damage requirements, the FV215b is pretty nice because of its insane damage potential - both for cleanup and for last man standing. Not HT-15 though.

TD:

• E 25 or SU-122-44 are pretty nice for those frag missions that have requirements with regard to not getting spotted or damaged.

Great content Marine, you have picked up the wotlabs torch like a boss this year.  I gave all the upvotes I had to give.

I see you have the M7 listed and I just wanted to note that the M7 is an absolute monster for completing MT missions.  Pew-Pew, So many fires, so many tears.  The T-67 is also really viable for a lot of TD missions.  Obviously tier 5 has limits, but easy mode is easy mode while you can get it.

I take it that Dicker Max & SU-100Y are solid choices for the "do 4x more damage than your HP"?

Dicker Max, yes. SU-100Y not so much-- it has decently high HP, an inaccurate, slow firing gun, and horrible camo. The SU-100 is much better, as is the M18.

Can we sticky this thread?
I had a hard time finding it and I find it extremely useful (even more so than the "How to Guide" that is already pinned) especially for the great job of Marine, collecting everything in the OP makes it so much easier to consult when needed.

Edited by dudixy
praising Marine's effort in keeping the OP updated

Did I hear someone saying that mid-tier TDs aren't good for dealing massive damage? :))

http://wotreplays.com/site/2144278#airfield-fedaykin89-jagdpanther

And yes, I am in love with this TD. One day I will sell it for the JP2. One day...

Did I hear someone saying that mid-tier TDs aren't good for dealing massive damage? :))

http://wotreplays.com/site/2144278#airfield-fedaykin89-jagdpanther

And yes, I am in love with this TD. One day I will sell it for the JP2. One day...

Well... since I bought the Jp2 Ive "completed" TD15.3 3 times (do 6k, 5 kills). But, these are the exceptions not the rules. 

Since nobody has cared enough to add this to OP, I'll just add that I gave this setup to a fellow norwegian tanker yesterday, and after him being stuck on that mission for two months he finally did it within the 5 first games. He even got 4 fires that game, just to make sure.

Later in the evening gave setup to a guy that knows one of my guys, and this morning he had completed that mission too with two fires and was excited enough to PM me.

REKT

Would you recommened it over the Cromwell, or is a marginal difference in that respect?

Would you recommened it over the Cromwell, or is a marginal difference in that respect?

Its what you prefer:

Cromwell has -13 degrees gun depression so can shoot over any ridge and mountain while A-43 has russian -5 which can make impossible to shoot from some positions.

Cromwell has bit more top speed but power-to-weight and ground resistances combined are about same

A-43 has much much better gun handling, cromwells gun is is really derpy even so that it cant reliable hit 200m away.

Remind this comparison is for Cromwell with downgraded gun as we want that 1.8 second reload for more per-hit fire chances, Cromwell B cannot downgrade to faster firing 6pdr gun so its outright worse.

Its what you prefer:

Cromwell has -13 degrees gun depression so can shoot over any ridge and mountain while A-43 has russian -5 which can make impossible to shoot from some positions.

Cromwell has bit more top speed but power-to-weight and ground resistances combined are about same

A-43 has much much better gun handling, cromwells gun is is really derpy even so that it cant reliable hit 200m away.

Remind this comparison is for Cromwell with downgraded gun as we want that 1.8 second reload for more per-hit fire chances, Cromwell B cannot downgrade to faster firing 6pdr gun so its outright worse.

Cromwell is -8 depression, the Comet is -13. 

M44 with HEAT should absolutely be on the list - missions 2, 5, 6, 12, 15 up to the 260.  It's definitely RNG dependent, but when it works it REALLY works (i.e. the spike potential is very high).  Try to engage bad guys at 400-500 meters - limits the effect of bad accuracy and lets you land those HEAT shells.

- Top damage - tier 6 or 7 battle, connect with 3-4 HEAT rounds, and you usually have it in the bag.

- Kills - HEAT rounds are easy to secure kills because 700 alpha is massive against the tanks it sees.  With 240 pen it can also punch out higher tiers effectively

- XP - great potential for killing tanks you are actually spotting.  Kemp bush with camo net, wait for bad guy to get close, HEAT to face, enjoy the XP.

\

M44 with HEAT should absolutely be on the list - missions 2, 5, 6, 12, 15 up to the 260.  It's definitely RNG dependent, but when it works it REALLY works (i.e. the spike potential is very high).  Try to engage bad guys at 400-500 meters - limits the effect of bad accuracy and lets you land those HEAT shells.

- Top damage - tier 6 or 7 battle, connect with 3-4 HEAT rounds, and you usually have it in the bag.

- Kills - HEAT rounds are easy to secure kills because 700 alpha is massive against the tanks it sees.  With 240 pen it can also punch out higher tiers effectively

- XP - great potential for killing tanks you are actually spotting.  Kemp bush with camo net, wait for bad guy to get close, HEAT to face, enjoy the XP.

Will add. Been watching your and @sr360's replays with the M44

Updated

\

Will add. Been watching your and @sr360's replays with the M44

Updated

It's completely brutal when your RNG is working.  (Incidentally that would have completed SPG-15.4)