TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

446 posts in this topic

M44 with HEAT should absolutely be on the list

I agree. The HEAT44 (10xHP, SPG-15.x), FV304 (multiple hits, moving targets) and CGC (big damage, bombardier) are all you need for easy-mode clicker missions.

Added a new section to OP, "BAUS" for mission tanks (IE Tanks you should keep/grind for missions, tried to keep as many lower tiers as possible that could be used for all sets)

Cromwell is -13 with 6pdr gun

Really? I sold the Cromwell after I bought the Bromwell. If I were to buy back the Cromwell or A-43 just for MT-12.4, which one would be best? I should have a good enough crew laying around for either of them.

Edit: Tank Compare tells me that the A-43 has better alpha & accuracy with the exact same rate of fire, but it gives up a little speed and a lot of gun depression versus the Cromwell 6-pdr. How is the dispersion of the 6-pdr on the move? Is it closer to the 57mm ZiS-4 or the 75mm Vickers HV?

Really? I sold the Cromwell after I bought the Bromwell. If I were to buy back the Cromwell or A-43 just for MT-12.4, which one would be best? I should have a good enough crew laying around for either of them.

Edit: Tank Compare tells me that the A-43 has better alpha & accuracy with the exact same rate of fire, but it gives up a little speed and a lot of gun depression versus the Cromwell 6-pdr. How is the dispersion of the 6-pdr on the move? Is it closer to the 57mm ZiS-4 or the 75mm Vickers HV?

KssmZ4j.png

The Cromwell is many good things, but accurate on the move is not one of those.

on the list of T28 Concept, what does the GE mean in the list of heavy tanks. Quote: "15.   All GE HTs tier 9+, T57H, AMX 50B"

on the list of T28 Concept, what does the GE mean in the list of heavy tanks. Quote: "15.   All GE HTs tier 9+, T57H, AMX 50B"

Die Deutschlander tonks bro

Since nobody has cared enough to add this to OP, I'll just add that I gave this setup to a fellow norwegian tanker yesterday, and after him being stuck on that mission for two months he finally did it within the 5 first games. He even got 4 fires that game, just to make sure.

Later in the evening gave setup to a guy that knows one of my guys, and this morning he had completed that mission too with two fires and was excited enough to PM me.

REKT

Comet is also good. I suffered with the T-55A mission for like two months or so, then I got extremely lucky with my Indien (fenks tomato T32), but I did the 260 fire mission in like 5-10 battles with the Comet. You might need that Deadeye perk (this is how they call it?!).

This being said, you want to do that mission on the lowest tier possible, cause ppl carry much less AFE on T7.

And now for everybody: How to do TD15 for Obj 260 with the WT E100? I had the JPE100 in my garage as my first T10 but I ragesold it after the T-55A TD15 and I have nor the credits nor the intetion to buy it back. I just hated that shitty gun: constant critical hits IF it hits anything... like a barn or so.

So again: I have the WTE100 with a four skill crew waiting for his/her/its time to shine. Should I platoon up with a T10 heavy and a spotter or meds? Because of the long reload I need someone to cover my sorry ass (learnt it the hard way :( ), but that kind person should not really steal that much of the dmg. Should I use the 15 cm with HEAT/HE setup?

I eagerly wait your tips and suggestions because this and the LT15 are the only missions left to get my shiny Obj 260 :$ Thanks in advance guys :) 

Edit: second time over 7k in 15 games so it should not be impossible. Last game I did 7700 with 6 kills.... I am a bit unhappy about it, because I should have been able to shoot that one extra shell, but first my gundep was not enough, then I had no clear sight on the arty :(

Edited by Dodge94HUN

I had a couple games in the Waffle w/ over 8k damage. Recommend watching some of @BigCheese256's replays at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOyXOlpFQB2W2orgaSFoubA

Dude is fucking un-real with his damage out-puts

It is doable with WT I guess. In 24 battles I did 7k+ 3 times, two of thoose one shot away from the mission.

No, it is not doable.

Edited by Dodge94HUN
2800 DPG day with the WT E100

Not sure what I was reading but I thought it said any tier 6 and higher. Clearly I was tired.

Sorry about my retardness

Edited by Nalok
Being a retard

What did you do the MT-12.3 in? Two fires... =/

If only the original post had specific tanks for each mission, broken down by which version of the mission it was.

If only the original post had specific tanks for each mission, broken down by which version of the mission it was.

ikr? Such a bastard for not doing that!

Oh, and supposedly theres another set coming soon, with an RU med being the tier 10 reward (....again????)

Once we get wind of those missions I'll create a 2nd list

Edited my previous post. I'm clearly bad at reading.

kr? Such a bastard for not doing that!

I thought it said something like any tier 6 and above but clearly I was not reading your post. Must've been more tired than I thought.

Thanks for the complete list!

Edited by Nalok

Just a note. O-I is pretty good for some missions, I did two 55A missions (kill three opponents under 100m and destroy five internal modules/crew) in three games :). KV-2 would probably work too, at least in module mission, all you need is one or two soft tank(s) to be oneshotted.

"15.   GE tier 7 arty platooned with pref MM tier 8 tank, M53/55, M44"

What is "GE"?  

I just got a match where I was top on XP and damage (both teams) in my brand new M44, but I fell short of 2k damage.

for t55a, spg7, you don't need to kill higher tier tanks, so wonky platooning doesn't help.

For folks who dont have the perfect garage - see which of your tanks is good for HT-12 and TD-8 (bounce or do x-times your HP).

Data is from vBAddict and tanks.gg.

I use "effective" DPM = average hitrate("accuracy") * average pen rate * raw DPM.

Bounce rate is the % of incoming shots a tank bounces on average.

QoF797W.jpg

GpDFixB.jpg