uMadXD

Jagdpanzer E-100 - Feels OP

68 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Hally said:

I did rammer vents optics + food. No (purple) med shall spot me 440m away, shoot, and get away with it. Gun handling is perfectly fine when you stick in a 5 skill crew with food and vents.

Optics or not they'll shoot you when they know they can get away with it. Plus why are you not brawling.

It's for lategame cleanups. I don't need gld to brawl since aiming is practically instant at brawl zone.

The point is, they think they'll get away with it and shoot, but they fail :)

On 8/22/2017 at 2:00 PM, Hally said:

It's for lategame cleanups. I don't need gld to brawl since aiming is practically instant at brawl zone.

The point is, they think they'll get away with it and shoot, but they fail :)

but brawling in a turretless td is not fun bro especially  against those super fast meany mediums/lights. 

not to mention the cancer gun handling. 

Just got this, enjoying it immensely.  Seems (so far) to play best as medium-to-short range brawler, helps to have crew skills maximizing mobility so that you can traverse into an angled position as quickly as possible after firing.  Amazingly, I don't seem to have clutch braking on this crew...*facepalms*.

I cannot figure out why you'd play one of the UK death stars over this, since this gives you the huge gun AND actual armor.  Just sit behind your heavies and chow down.  Good at holding a corner, too.

Had an enjoyable game this morning with @CraBeatOff where he screamed at me in chat not to miss the key kill shot on their e5.  Which I proceeded to rush and therefore miss not once, not twice, but three times.  We still won, but...

This is also my son's favorite tank to watch me play, since LOLpen + LOLdamage is always a crowd-pleaser.   Might get out my drawing tools and create some actual godzilla camo for it, unless such already exists.  Need to replace my sounds with some Blue Oyster Cult, too...

Current crew skills:

6S, Concealment, Repairs, 53% JOAT

Concealment, SS, Repairs, 53% FF

Concealment, SmoothR, Repairs, 53% FF

Concealment, SA, Repairs, 52% FF

Concealment, Repairs, 57% FF

Concealment, Repairs, 82% FF

When I finish off FF, should I leave it or reskill to BIA?  Or should I reskill now, switching Concealment to BIA and FF to Concealment?  Or should I switch out Concealment for BIA and leave FF alone?  Even with 100% concealment, vents, and camo, I'm only 9.61/7.39, so I'm not sure that the payoff for full concealment is as great as it would be for BIA.  I have the gold.

Thoughts?

You can drop concealment on the JPE, it does next to nothing. Most of your camo is just the camo paint, which gives a nice, fixed bonus for all TDs.

You want snap shot on your gunner, that helps gun handling immensely. You want clutch breaking on your driver to turn faster; smooth ride does very little for JPE.

Repairs is a must, firefighting is of little use. While jpe suffer a lot of transmission damage, it rarely get engine or fuel tank fires.

You're not going to out-spot anything in a JPE. Drop camo and stack on your vents with BIA and food. The JPE is all about 420 HEAT. So, who cares about credits?!

As an aside, I almost always favor off-road driving or clutch breaking over smooth ride. The smooth ride benefit is completely negated once you turn your hull. That makes it especially useless for casemate tank destroyers with limited gun traverse. I can be useful for hill poking or on tanks that benefit a lot from shooting while wiggling back and forth like the Super Pershing.

3j61br2.png

My crew is really ghetto. I chose armorer over snapshot because of all the HE slinging assholes damaging my gun. Snapshot may be a better choice with reusable kits, and I'll take that next.

I also use a GLD over optics. I run optics on the T110E3 because I more often find myself leading pushes in it. I wouldn't want to be spearheading in the open with a JPE though. It's too easy to HEAT pen the superstructure or AP pen the LFP when you can't control the angle from a single enemy.

29 minutes ago, monjardin said:

You're not going to out-spot anything in a JPE. Drop camo and stack on your vents with BIA and food. The JPE is all about 420 HEAT. So, who cares about credits?!

As an aside, I almost always favor off-road driving or clutch breaking over smooth ride. 

<snip>

I also use a GLD over optics. I run optics on the T110E3 because I more often find myself leading pushes in it. I wouldn't want to be spearheading in the open with a JPE though. It's too easy to HEAT pen the superstructure or AP pen the LFP when you can't control the angle from a single enemy.

Agree re: clutch braking vs. smooth ride.  I cannot for the life of me remember why I went with smooth ride.  And clutch braking is pretty essential in any casemate TD IMHO.

So drop camo, keep the FF (so that I can switch out AFE for good), add BIA?  Sound about right?

I'm not as convinced about GLD vs. Optics.  Having a sick view range helps keep you from getting chai'd to death sometimes, and since a lot of pubbies don't really understand how much VR high tier German/USA TDs have, they get closer than they should.  And at the range I like to fight in this thing, GLD seems like it's of less value.  It's not about leading a push (I agree with you there entirely), but it's about late game where every bit of vision can make a difference.  But maybe I'll give GLD a try and see.

I use optics personally, but I have a higher skilled crew to fit vision skills as well. 496m vision does wonders on JPE despite the lack of camo. Without the extra vision skills.. at 470m, optics doesn't really work. Meds can spot you and shoot you for free without being spotted in return late game.

@HallyYeah. I'm not really advocating for GLD over optics. Pushing 500 m of view range is awesome. I may give optics a try for a direct comparison (if ever play it again given that I finished the TD-15.4 mission). 

@Tanager I run food without FF and don't think I've burned more than once or twice In 154 games. It doesn't burn from the front transmission anymore. So, you're usually already doomed if you are taking hits from behind. There are probably better skills to prioritize. 

Once upon a time I recall putting a T57 clip into the LFP of a full HP JP E100 and then watching with glee as the rest of it burned down. Back then, I would've run an AFE for sure!

Necro-ish..?

Is there anyone here that plays this thing well that could please post some replays I can watch? Does anyone bother with this thing at all?

I've been playing it on and off recently and after a couple fistfuls of games(30ish) in this tank.. It is very clear I'm playing this thing absolutely wrong.

Frustrating as hell, and my worst wr in any tank.  Thanks.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, kreigermann said:

Necro-ish..?

Is there anyone here that plays this thing well that could please post some replays I can watch? Does anyone bother with this thing at all?

I've been playing it on and off recently and after a couple fistfuls of games(30ish) in this tank.. It is very clear I'm playing this thing absolutely wrong.

I'm surprised that a player as good as you is having issues in the tank, but 30 games is also not nearly enough to draw conclusions about WR yada yada yada conventional wisdom blah blah.

I'm not gonna give you any great replays (because I don't have them), but I think you are sufficiently large and immobile that you have to pick your spots carefully and plan the engagement.  Flexibility is not JPE's strong suit.  As a rule, I like to be a bit in back of the heavies (unless I'm facing tier 8s, and especially if my counterpart on the other side is some bush wookie).  You shouldn't lead pushes, it's much too easy to get tracked where you can't angle your armor - which you have to do, b/c this thing is not idiot-proof.  Sidescraping is very viable, and if you think you can't win the flank, play even further back, b/c that 20s reload makes it easy to get swarmed.  HE can work in a pinch, especially when fighting at long range.

City maps are your friend, especially if you have building angles to use (a la Ensk), but you cannot simply hull down behind rubble with impunity.  And your roof is large and very easy to pen, so be wary if the other team has high ground on you.

I don't know how much of that is helpful, but I've managed to be at least adequate playing it that way.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, kreigermann said:

Necro-ish..?

I think I can comment on this after 600 games on my JPE.

Honestly I feel like JPE is just a heavy tank disguised as a td. Always use the corridors for heavy engagement if you can play peek a boo.

Your armor will reliably bounce 1k-2k per game If you hide yourself partially or angle your tank after your shot.

Always trade if you can trade 1v1, never trade if you are in a 1v2 situation. 420 heat just destroys everything. Goes through upper plate of any tank like it is made out of butter, so if you are somewhat decent at aiming, you will make 1k damage for every 500 - 600 dmg you take during these engagements. Which will net you somewhere between 3k-4k average damage per game very reliably. I think mine is around 3.2k since it was my first tier 10 :(

My equipment picks are very non traditional...

I run super heavy spall liner because you are the main focus of any arti especially if they have an xvm.

Camo net for the open maps that offer no close/mid range play. Aka Prokhorovka.

Gun rammer to shave off that massive reload time.

If you sit back and try to snipe away from the heavies like a traditional td, there are 4 scenarios. 

- You will have a great game with nice damage because the stars just aligned right.

- You will be out spotted and become the main target for everyone. Resulting in low/mediocre damage.

- Enemy team will die out quicker than you can move.  Resulting in low/mediocre damage.

- Enemy team will kill most in your flank very quickly, faster teammates will relocate and you will be rushed by the enemy team. Resulting in low/mediocre damage.

P.S. Just push non stop in a tier 8 game if you have couple tanks with you. Bounce everything, and laugh as tier 8s try to hide from your massive gun. Fun times.

P.S. 2: Never push anything alone. It is easy to be perma tracked, flanked or out dpm'd. 

Thanks, it is echoing how I THINK I've been playing it. I think one of the problems is I only take it out late night end of session games when I'm about to go to bed and consequently make poor choices. I have decent games in it.. but still tend to lose those high score game(4-6k) I'm admittedly pretty poor at things that don't go fast.  I've also been getting bad match ups since the bullshitwagon v4 platoons are a thing.  Can do a decent job 1v1 and control the engagement but when there are 2 or even 3 of them and they just all +arty decide to: KILL THE JPEERMERGERRD XVMmmmmm-shit-pants yoloyoloyoloyolo (FFS I'm only a goddamn blueberry..) there's almost nothing I can do but go down with 1-2 shots. Yes, I'm with support.. no my support couldn't kill them even with the platoon ignoring them with shiiterfocus on me.   

Back when I still had it in my garage I was able to do really well by just being really aggresive, The gun scares the shit out of everyone, you can easily stall a flank if you have a bit of support and just rack up a massive amount of dmg, You can also sidescrape to bait shots while reloading too.

I sold it as it was a one trick pony that seemed to track more tanks than damage somehow. I'll probably buy it back if it goes on top of the tree with again

1 hour ago, Copeyhagen said:

I sold it as it was a one trick pony that seemed to track more tanks than damage somehow. I'll probably buy it back if it goes on top of the tree with again

Just wait for ON track for some armored tank where people think they can yolo you. 420 spam was amazing when they introduced the Badger and people felt immune. 

another tip is not fight e3, other jgpz and bobject v4 directly.

those tanks are trouble, let some one else take a shot at them and sneak a 1000 alpha fist at them when they are distracted.

bad turret dispersion mean this thing sucks big time at snapping shots.