Deus__Ex__Machina

O-Ho Appreciation Thread

137 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Antimeridian said:

Boy do I have no fucking clue how the O-I Exp. stayed pretty much in its original state (I think there was a minor gun handling nerf?) for this fucking long. That thing spent so long being so damn broken it's unreal.

Am also excited to try it post-patch :bigdoge:

It's low trier. WG forgets about anything sub t6. I remember when I first got it I had something like 70% WR and 1200dpg. That should not be possible with a 90% crew for a teal shitter like me. Even the old Kv1s was more balanced. 

Just now, hazzgar said:

It's low trier. WG forgets about anything sub t6. I remember when I first got it I had something like 70% WR and 1200dpg. That should not be possible with a 90% crew for a teal shitter like me. Even the old Kv1s was more balanced. 

I have 1.5k dpg in it. Extremely balanced. I once had a pubby bitching at me and I said "I have tier5s that out damage your 10s"

14 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I have 1.5k dpg in it. Extremely balanced. I once had a pubby bitching at me and I said "I have tier5s that out damage your 10s"

I'm not even surprised that's possible. Still it makes me laugh when people suggest wg does shit like that on purpose. I agree with @leggasiini tough. The OI exp will be fun for the first week after it gets rebalanced. 

Is this thing still supposed to work in 2018 meta? Armor bounces almost nothing (unless low tier), it doesn't outtrade anything, it doesn't outdpm anything and even the "shoot people on the engine deck" trick only works half the time. Am I missing something?

You play it like a support tank. The derp is actually a very nice tool with current retarded mm and tier 10s. Being able to damage 268 V4s for example is something that literally any other tier 8 could only dream of. As retarded as it sounds like, let bulkier heavies take hits, and derp enemies whenever they reload or are not focusing on you. AP against certain tanks that you can overmatch like Object 257 can be extremely powerful (but risky) tool once mastered.

Generally you dont rely on armor unless against lowertiers (in current MM? haHAA). Best way to use it is overangle and then have an ally, or a small obstacle and use it to hide your side. This also solves depression issues, but it takes some time to do it properly.

The platform is quite shit but tbf it never has been good. Its all about that derp.

My DPG in recent half a year is still 2050ish or so, which is higher than any other of my tier 8s. It can still work, it just takes a long time to get used to it (well I have played 3000 battles in total...) and you actually need to think in order to play the tank, unlike pretty much the entire the rest of the branch.

Eh, then I'm already pretty close to maxing out the potential of this, 1950 dpg even with overextending multiple times already. This extremely low dpm gun just can't do more in 3-minute-game meta. Expected a tier 8 heavy to be a bit higher than that.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:07 AM, breeeze said:

Eh, then I'm already pretty close to maxing out the potential of this, 1950 dpg even with overextending multiple times already. This extremely low dpm gun just can't do more in 3-minute-game meta. Expected a tier 8 heavy to be a bit higher than that.

That is exactly what I wrote few pages ago in this thread. If you want be agressive and do good damage, try small gun. Its only 215 pen but its enough against same tier tanks if you can aim weak spots, and plenty against higher tiers if you get side shoots. And when you are close range you are usually shooting enemies downwards (O-Ho size) which helps against tanks like IS3 whose armor gets lot weaker against that. Yes it wont work against front armor of higher tier superheavies, or opponents in good hull down positions, but on the other hand you get ability to plough over and out dpm equal and lower tiers.

So gun options are:

1) Fit derp. DPM will be utter trash unless you get lucky pens. Play campy, delay and pray for long games or you wont do much damage. You can damage anything frontally which is nice though its still bad idea to trade with higher tiers, O-HO is too big, slow and weak for peek&boom.

2) Small gun. Together with O-Ho hitpoints can go agressive ham when situation allows and do some serious damage fast.  But can also end  in where you simply cannot pen opponent (Type4/Type5, high tier heavies frontally etc etc). Remember there is always at least 7 same tier tanks in match even in worst case.

I dont know how meta has changed since I 3 marked tank year ago, new heavily armored heavies/meds can make small gun harder to use. But try it if you feel frustrated about lack of dpm.

Looks like no mark for me, can't get it above 88% :feelsbad:

Too slow to get itself into strong support positions, too slow to get out of a lost position, too trash dpm to dish out enough damage in todays meta and the gun depression denying 2-3 shots every single game is just the cherry on top. Maybe 10cm would help, but I just can't be bothered to play it with that pile of garbage of a gun.

On 4.4.2018 at 11:27 PM, breeeze said:

Looks like no mark for me, can't get it above 88% :feelsbad:

Too slow to get itself into strong support positions, too slow to get out of a lost position, too trash dpm to dish out enough damage in todays meta and the gun depression denying 2-3 shots every single game is just the cherry on top. Maybe 10cm would help, but I just can't be bothered to play it with that pile of garbage of a gun.

Did you start grinding for the third mark on that tank because it's easy and every Tom, Dick and Harry can have it or because you wanted a challenge and wanted to prove yourself? Fit the 100mm gun and start being a Unicum.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:24 AM, Madner Kami said:

Did you start grinding for the third mark on that tank because it's easy and every Tom, Dick and Harry can have it or because you wanted a challenge and wanted to prove yourself? Fit the 100mm gun and start being a Unicum.

I enjoy marking these weird novelty tanks and I feel like I should be able to do it. Marking with the 100mm just defeats the purpose of this tank and it would feel as about as much of an accomplishment as marking the 260 platooned with 2 arty. That said, I finally successfully completed my mission. Was bumping around in the mid-90s for quite a while, I think the influx of spaghetti tanks did help pushing it over the edge.

unknown.png

10 hours ago, breeeze said:

I enjoy marking these weird novelty tanks and I feel like I should be able to do it. Marking with the 100mm just defeats the purpose of this tank and it would feel as about as much of an accomplishment as marking the 260 platooned with 2 arty. That said, I finally successfully completed my mission. Was bumping around in the mid-90s for quite a while, I think the influx of spaghetti tanks did help pushing it over the edge.

unknown.png

There you go! Congrats and well done! Glad my unskilled attempt of motivating you worked out ;)

13 hours ago, breeeze said:

it would feel as about as much of an accomplishment as marking the 260 platooned with 2 arty.

nice one :microdoge: