Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cd169

RIP WoWP?

53 posts in this topic

It looks like Wargaming has changed their terms of service.

- 12.4.1: In case of a closing of a WG game, Wargaming has to announce it no less than 180 calendar days in advance and has to send a letter on the address of all the users. There are no compensations awarded in connection with the product closure (as in, you won't get anything back once the game closes

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2015/09/910-terms-of-use-changes.html

It was one game I could never get the hang of, I guess I just suck at visualizing in 3D....I'm bummed to a degree cause I really wanted a little less simulator (ala Aces High) and more arcady, but I just got owned every time I played that game, so I just stopped playing...

It wasn't really that bad in Alpha and Early beta... when they got creative with the controls that killed it, I tried a couple of times to go back and play it again and the interface, the flow, the controls just convinced me to bail out....

No, it was a shit game in closed beta and got worse in release. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised by this news.

bye bye. Wont miss this shitty game.

I will.  It had/has some issues, but there were some magic moments, too.  Poor management by Wargaming and abuse by toxic elements in the community (enabled by the poor management by Wargaming)  triggered the PvP death spiral, and now we are where we are.   

It wasn't really that bad in Alpha and Early beta... when they got creative with the controls that killed it, I tried a couple of times to go back and play it again and the interface, the flow, the controls just convinced me to bail out....

I have a completely different view. It was so bad in Alpha I never returned. 

I think what killed it is the respawn system that War Thunder used that WG didn't, battles rarely lasted long so it got old quick

Edited by Psycodiver

Lol. Looks like I'm staying top 20 wowp forever. Glad I got uni in that so I can finally push for 60% in tanks and be triplecum.

unsurprising.

its kind of a shame though, tbh. I wanted it to succeed. because then Gaijin will stop ruining their own game. I think if WG re developed it and rereleased it it could be a whole lot better.

Schadenfreude in full effect, and this is from an alpha tester that stuck with it through that AND a year of release... RIP my sanity.

unsurprising.

its kind of a shame though, tbh. I wanted it to succeed. because then Gaijin will stop ruining their own game. I think if WG re developed it and rereleased it it could be a whole lot better.

Yeah, at this point starting over, and completely re-branding the title would be the best option.

Yeah, at this point starting over, and completely re-branding the title would be the best option.

There was a rumor a while back saying they were going to rename the game. The game itself is pretty solid, but 30sec games are not fun along with other aspects. Fix all that and relaunch would be the best option

I alpha tested it but it was so bad then that I quit after a handful of battles. One of the few games where everything sucked so hard that I wouldn't give it a chance again.

They actually got it into a playable state just before OB launched. The patch where they put British planes in was probably the high point. Then they ruined it. RIP

That's the thing, they got everything right a one point during the game's development, but never at the same time. IF you could Frankenstein's-monster-together the controls, MM, flight model, weapon characteristics, etc into one coherent package with the best of each from alpha/beta/release, it would be a playable (perhaps even enjoyable) game. Instead, they continuously tinkered with every aspect of the game whether or not that aspect was working, so the end result is shit.

That sucks. I played a lot in OB and really enjoyed it. Shortly after release it sort of went to hell, I lost interest, and started playing tanks. Shame too cause I have a shitton of planes.

It was shit in alpha, shit in beta, and shit on release.  War Thunder does it better in every fucking way.........IDK why War Gaming even made the attempt it was never going to work.

LOL bots in PvP mode now in the super test. I guess there's too much pride on the line to just pull the plug, huh?

At this point if it means I can get a match in my 262 whenever I'm in the mood to fly, I'll take it. 

Total speculation here, but the bots have to be on the level of the general pubbie. If they are "good" bots and pubbies get wrecked, then there will be huge outcry. The pubbies have to be able to beat the bots, which means they are going to be terrible bots. What if they just take the current bot AI they have in game and put them into PvP? That would be worse than 3v3 battles with no bots.

For the maximum WG screw-job, watch the bot kills not count for missions :)

Edited by Antiledo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0