• 6'4 - 193cm
    • 6'5 - 196cm
    • 6'6 - 198cm
    • 6'7 - 201cm
    • 6'8 - 203cm
    • 6'9 - 206cm
    • 6'10 - 208cm

88 posts in this topic

Got in a discussion with one of my sub-human 178cm (5'10) friends, he thinks 183cm (6') is tall, I beg to differ and need sample size to back that up. So what do you guys consider "tall"?

I thought europeans measured themselves in meters...

I always thought that 6'2" was really the start of tall

here's some percentiles for american males:
http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

If you call "tall" somewhere between 75th and 95th percentile, then we are talking about 6'1" or 6'2".
Either way, 6'-0" falls short : )

If your friend lives in a different country, or is a woman, then 6'-0" could be quite tall.

here's some percentiles for american males:
http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

If you call "tall" somewhere between 75th and 95th percentile, then we are talking about 6'1" or 6'2".
Either way, 6'-0" falls short : )

THANK YOU.

Been asking myself the same question man... 

> Bitch height of 189
> Every public use seat ever designed gives me ebola and makes me want to stab the designer
> Still a midget compared to tall people

Orrie, I lol'd

> Bitch height of 189
> Every public use seat ever designed gives me ebola and makes me want to stab the designer
> Still a midget compared to tall people

I am 5'8", and I once used a toilet in a public place for which comfortable sitting would have required my LOWER LEGS to be 6" longer, IF AND ONLY IF it had been build on level ground, but it was built on a ledge, adding another 5-6" of distance to the floor.  

I wonder what percentage of the population could have used it comfortably?

im 183cm, I consider myself to be tall. im taller than both my parents and all but one of my friends. 

Even if the poll disagrees with you, tallness is relative.  If you are the tallest person in your circle, and don't interact with anyone taller than you, it would be fair to consider yourself tall.  

As for taytay's friend, the same could be true.

Edited by weesh

I'm only 6 ft 1inch i consider myself to be average 

I have a friend who i ran cross country with and he was 6'5 and towered over me.

idk perspective is everything i guess.

I am 5'8", and I once used a toilet in a public place for which comfortable sitting would have required my LOWER LEGS to be 6" longer, IF AND ONLY IF it had been build on level ground, but it was built on a ledge, adding another 5-6" of distance to the floor.  

I wonder what percentage of the population could have used it comfortably?

I feel like the guy who built it just wanted to troll everyone other than Yao Ming

I'm have pretty normal height for a Norwegian, but them Scandinavian genes usually produce tall people.

Average is like 2-3 cm taller than rest of Europe.

So yeah, manlets, when will they ever learn?

Edited by Orrie

193cm is tall region.

198cm and you're giant.

Also as mentioned it's pretty relative. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Another fun fact:

The people of the Dinaric Alps (South Slavs) are on record as being the tallest in the world, with a male average height of 185.6 cm (6 ft 1.1 in) and female average height of 170.9 cm (5 ft 7.3 in).

We are tallest region? o.O 

I'm 6'1 and I am the shortest guy in my family, hell my kid brother is 6'7 and my dad is 6'4.  I grew to 6'1 at 15 thinking I was going to be around 6'4 like my dad, but God hates me.  I am the angry one though, Napoleon and all that :nmad:, so that has to count for something.  I am huge in Japan though :kwim:

Shfty©

Edited by ShftyMagoo