_EXODUZ_

Is it worth buying IS-4?

81 posts in this topic

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should buy IS-4. It took me almost a year to get to it, it's like the final gestalt for this line.

However, whenever I see them in the enemy team they're not a threat at all. Say I'm playing IS-8, I just load gold and penetrate every shot at the UFP.

Yay or nay?

I dont have one, but i've heard that it plays similar to is6. Buy it if you have credits, while its on 15% discount.

IS-7 received a nice little buff in the last patch but the IS-4 seems to be more effective in randoms and nobody seems to know where to shoot it still.... IS-7 weakness is glaringly obvious and the 4 has a much better gun (even after the 7 buffs).

That's just my opinion and observations anyway

I'd buy it, too me it felt like pocket E-100. When E-100 feels slow, big and boom-stick credit sink - IS-4 is solid replacement.

I love tanks with good all-around armor, but dislike the ones too big/tall to maneuver  or hide comfortably. 

The IS-4 is a nice compromise. 

I don't get the UFP penned that often, maybe I've reached a point where I'm doing a decent job hiding/angling it, however I think people just aren't aware how weak it is. The turret overall is great, save from the overmatchable roof. Thankfully it's not that easy to hit, especially when I'm using the gun depression. The biggest issue is people spamming premium at my "shoulders" as I attemt to sidescrape. Doing in reverse usually fixes it though. I expect Japanese heavies to be annyoing opponents, their height will givem them nice angles to shoot at/overmatch.

Should you get one? Depends how well you can cope with slow/sluggish tanks. I personally like it more than the IS-7, because it can hold a corner better and has a more dependable gun. 

Since you have a lot of battles on the IS-6, I assume you're also enjoying it. If that's the case, I see no reason why you wouldn't like the IS-4, since they are indeed very similar tanks.

Alright, so the IS-4 I don't think is used in CW at all. But it's a REALLY good pubstomper.

Very similar to IS-6, playstyle is great, not too slow and great armour. Gun is amazing in my opinion, accuracy is only bad thing.

My loadout is 18-11-1, also it's one of Zepherex's (<3) fav tanks, I think.

Rammer and Vstab of course. Use toolbox only if you don't have 3 crew members with 90%+ in Repairs. Otherwise use EGLD, or Vents for better overall performance.                                                                                                                                         

Ive been pubbing mine a lot recently for missions. Its ability to sidescrape and actually use armor combined with the gun make it amazing in randoms. The AP shell can and will pen an e100 turret face thats flat too:)

This is from an E-50 perspective: 

"how the fuck does that not pen, stupid BS armor"

It is truly legendary and getting absurd bounces.

The IS-4 plays a lot like the IS-6, but while the optimal angle in the IS-6 is somewhere between 15 and 25 degrees, the IS-4 is a much larger, 25 to 35 degrees (up to even 45 if a lot of HEAT is being fired). It definitely takes a little getting used to, but it does feel like a tier 10 IS-6 with a real gun when angled properly.

Love my IS4.  Can bully any tank in the game if the driver has the slightest concept of what angling is.  Worth it even for 6 mill.  

Have a +1 for gestalt.

I haven't got the IS-4 but it's unlocked, I may live to regret getting the STB in the last OTF event, rather than wait for the IS-4.  At least I've got time to grind credits for it.

I don't think you could possibly /need/ anything besides basics like 6th, Repairs, Safe Stowage, and BiA. You might wanna retrain the crew to 100% though....

You might wanna retrain the crew to 100% though....

Of course :unicum: gonna wait a couple of days to see if retraining is on discount any time soon.

Alright, so the IS-4 I don't think is used in CW at all. But it's a REALLY good pubstomper.

Very similar to IS-6, playstyle is great, not too slow and great armour. Gun is amazing in my opinion, accuracy is only bad thing.

My loadout is 18-11-1, also it's one of Zepherex's (<3) fav tanks, I think.

Rammer and Vstab of course. Use toolbox only if you don't have 3 crew members with 90%+ in Repairs. Otherwise use EGLD, or Vents for better overall performance.                                                                                                                                         

>>Mfw We use JPEs and IS4s for turtles and siege tanks o.O 

Pbkac can vouch with their volley's of dead E3s on Kharkov

>>Mfw We use JPEs and IS4s for turtles and siege tanks o.O 

Pbkac can vouch with their volley's of dead E3s on Kharkov

Sowwy, I've been away for two months D:

I'm roughly 15k xp from the IS-4, but every time I'v run into a IS-4 on the other team I just made short work of him abusing the obvious roof panel that's paper. Maybe from a long distance it's wundarbar but at mid/close I rarely bounce a IS-4.