_EXODUZ_

Is it worth buying IS-4?

94 posts in this topic

Might have to finally start grinding for this tank.  Pretty nice that it has the same crew layout as my IS-2, IS-5 and IS-6.  Would make for a great crew in just a couple short months quadruple training them in those four tanks.

Is-4 is really an upgraded is-8 .. if you ever considered keeping is-8 while getting is-7 .. then you should get the is-4. Hope this makes sence.

With 100% crew, Vents, rammer, BIA and food what's reload time?

I played yesterday in CW with that setup (minus vents) and if I recall it right I had 9,66 secs.

I would highly recommend this tank!
Gun handling is better then IS7, and because there are not many of them often in randoms, pubs often time don't know where and how to shoot it.

I usually "overangle" and sidescrape trying to bait shots into the side, which is really stronK. I did HT3.15 after 1-2 matches in IS4, after unsuccessfully trying to do it in 10+ games in E100. The only thing that will usually ruin you are clickers, of course, since you are a slow tank, and skill ammo players that will autoaim your UFP and pen it.

Might have to finally start grinding for this tank.  Pretty nice that it has the same crew layout as my IS-2, IS-5 and IS-6.  Would make for a great crew in just a couple short months quadruple training them in those four tanks.

Definitely, especially with all the personal rreserves. Wish I had IS-2 and IS-5 now :cri:

Alright, so the IS-4 I don't think is used in CW at all.

To reply this:

I've seen OMNI(they're like top 5 always on EU) use IS-4s on some specific locations. Reason? When E-100s are vulnerable to arty, IS-4 is much more compact and harder to hit(possibly even harder to spot?).

Edited by no_name_cro

To reply this:

I've seen OMNI(they're like top 5 always on EU) use IS-4s on some specific locations. Reason? When E-100s are vulnerable to arty, IS-4 is much more compact and harder to hit(possibly even harder to spot?).

IS4s can also hide much better behind eachother and form a better ``blob`` + when hull down behind a wreck of IS4, its almost unkillable (sniping the roof in a big cw clutch brawl yolo is kinda shitty)

They can more or less angle 30 deg and park next to eachother, the first will be RIP, but all the IS4 behind the first one are completly in cover, except for the UFP, which is angled 30 deg and the turret, E100s cant rly do that, they are to big and for sidescraping you need a lot of room

ps: this even applies to randoms, himmelsdorf alley of dead 5vs5 brawl is easier with an IS4 as with an E100, the IS4 can fit better between other tanks, can use others better as cover and is allround more flexible (E100 is a much better tank though, but there a lot of specific situations where an IS4 is equal good or even better)

well, the grind is pain in the back... only tier 9 and 10 are worth it in my opinion. The rest is real torture.

well, the grind is pain in the back... only tier 9 and 10 are worth it in my opinion. The rest is real torture.

Kv3 isn't much worse than IS, some say it's better. KV4 is good with the right MM. They are slow so you have to like slow tanks though.

I'm perplexed why this tank gets such hate for CW. It's midway for speed between the E-100 and the IS-7. It's midway for armor between the two, and midway for gun as well. It can sidescrape better than all of them because it doesn't have a flat face like the E-100.

I'll give you that it's probably better in pubs, but I don't understand why it's basically written off.

I'm not a great tier 10 driver overall yet, but I drive it with 500 wn8 and 10% win rate higher than my IS-7.

I love the thing.

Edited by nitrah

I've bought and sold my IS-4 twice. It's just not that fun to play. The Tier 9 ST-I feels like more of a bully. This might be because at tier 10 the M62-T2 cannon doesn't feel particularly nice.

I'm perplexed why this tank gets such hate for CW. It's midway for speed between the E-100 and the IS-7. It's midway for armor between the two, and midway for gun as well. It can sidescrape better than all of them because it doesn't have a flat face like the E-100.

I'll give you that it's probably better in pubs, but I don't understand why it's basically written off.

I'm not a great tier 10 driver overall yet, but I drive it with 500 wn8 and 10% win rate higher than my IS-7.

I love the thing.

Well, it has bad front armor. It's good for pubs, but in CW, any decent clan will murder your IS-4s easily. And they are slow, so you are limited with tactics and maps.

Usually versatility is valued more, except when there is really specific role that needs to be fulfilled.

Is-4 is really an upgraded is-8 .. if you ever considered keeping is-8 while getting is-7 .. then you should get the is-4. Hope this makes sence.

But the reason the IS-8 is so good is because it has an amazing gun with good mobility.  Isn't the IS-4 much worse on that count?

But the reason the IS-8 is so good is because it has an amazing gun with good mobility.  Isn't the IS-4 much worse on that count?

IS-4 and IS-8 are almost polar opposites, other than the gun they have...

No, the IS-4 is pretty similar to IS-8 and mobile for a heavy. They even have same camo stationary and moving. IS-4 has 50 more dpm, which I'd say being pretty good being 1 tier higher and same gun characteristics. Most of the traverse speeds are 1-4 degrees off, and goes slower than IS-8 by 5 kmh. Of course, the biggest difference is obviously armour, and that IS-4 has .70 less resistance than it on soft terrain :cri: Also probably fastest heavy (kmh-wise) besides the French, Chinese, IS-7, and Obj. 260. Decent traverse speed, just not the best, and is (kmh-wise) definitely faster than T57 Heavy. 

Wh...what? Are we talking about the same IS-4? The thing is slow, it's no IS-8, or IS-7, or even IS-2. The fact you said "faster kmhwise than the T57 Heavy" makes me think you really are confused about how much top speeds mean in tanks that don't actually go their top speed without a downhill slope. The IS-4 does not go 43kmh, it goes 20-25kmh. Likewise, just because the IS-7 has a 60kph top speed doesn't mean it actually goes 60kph, it goes 25-30kph. Both the IS-4 and IS-7 have very bad acceleration, and the IS-4 in particular turns like a log. The IS-8 is fast. It will easily hit 40-45kph on flat ground, it turns hilarious amounts faster, and accelerates faster.

The IS-8 and IS-4 have almost nothing in common other than the gun. Their armor characteristics (and more importantly, how you take advantage of them) are night and day. Their capability to move around the battlefield are very different. Their firepower and gun handling don't have a lot on common, especially when you figure the IS-8 is a tier lower. The tanks themselves don't even have the same role on the battlefield, the IS-8 being a heavium/support heavy and IS-4 being a pocket brick heavy.

It feels like you're just looking at the values of the two tanks in the garage and comparing them based on that. Many of those values hold little to no meaning without context. I mean, "they even have the same camo" - really? That's why the two tanks are similar? Ugh.

Wh...what? Are we talking about the same IS-4? The thing is slow, it's no IS-8, or IS-7, or even IS-2. The fact you said "faster kmhwise than the T57 Heavy" makes me think you really are confused about how much top speeds mean in tanks that don't actually go their top speed without a downhill slope. The IS-4 does not go 43kmh, it goes 20-25kmh. Likewise, just because the IS-7 has a 60kph top speed doesn't mean it actually goes 60kph, it goes 25-30kph. Both the IS-4 and IS-7 have very bad acceleration, and the IS-4 in particular turns like a log. The IS-8 is fast. It will easily hit 40-45kph on flat ground, it turns hilarious amounts faster, and accelerates faster.

The IS-8 and IS-4 have almost nothing in common other than the gun. Their armor characteristics (and more importantly, how you take advantage of them) are night and day. Their capability to move around the battlefield are very different. Their firepower and gun handling don't have a lot on common, especially when you figure the IS-8 is a tier lower. The tanks themselves don't even have the same role on the battlefield, the IS-8 being a heavium/support heavy and IS-4 being a pocket brick heavy.

It feels like you're just looking at the values of the two tanks in the garage and comparing them based on that. Many of those values hold little to no meaning without context. I mean, "they even have the same camo" - really? That's why the two tanks are similar? Ugh.

Well, I'm talking about on flat, medium-hard ground. Sorry, guess I should have stated that. But in my opinion, all of my games in IS-4 on flat ground gone easily 35-40kmh in about 10 seconds. I also said armour was their biggest difference too? And what I meant kmh-wise was that IS-4 faster than T57 on all ares except upslope and possibly soft terrain, depending on angles and stuff. Although you're probably right about IS-7, #OnlyT10IS-4. I only know stuffs about T57 because I platoon with.. a lot of them :cri:

MM hates this tank when I get in it. 41% win rate.
I get the worst teams in pub matches and everyone just dumps APCR into me no matter how I angle the tank. Or I get a team of purple mediums and I'm left shooting at scraps cause this things so damn slow. 

Will have to try reverse side scraping though.

On that note my Commander has BIA, repair, recon and situational awareness.
Should I swap one out for 6th?

9 hours ago, crapcannon said:

MM hates this tank when I get in it. 41% win rate.
I get the worst teams in pub matches and everyone just dumps APCR into me no matter how I angle the tank. Or I get a team of purple mediums and I'm left shooting at scraps cause this things so damn slow. 

Will have to try reverse side scraping though.

On that note my Commander has BIA, repair, recon and situational awareness.
Should I swap one out for 6th?

Strange.  I used to play mine like a total idiot and I bounced JPE100 shells left and right. Maybe people got more aware of the is4 and don't shoot like idiots at it.