Defender

How to recover when everything is going wrong

16 posts in this topic

Thanks for reading this.  I recently got back into the game after a long break and have been playing for about a month.  I'm not sure why but every single thing I thought I knew about tanks seems to be wrong.  I solo pub alot and I know that isn't good but it is what I have for now.  My question:

What do you guys do in tanks when you need to 'reset' your gameplay?

I seem to be much too aggressive and I count on pubs way more than I should.  Have pubs gotten worse?  They are almost totally unpredictable now.

One thing that I noticed recently is that my performance degrades after about a dozen or so games, so  I try to plan my sessions around that. (When I'm fresh I'm less likely to YOLO or make a bone headed mistake.) Dunno if that applies to your situation or not.

As for pubs the only thing I can consistently rely on them for is getting shot at. Hate to say it but I try to use them as meatshields, cannon fodder, what have you, because depending on them for anything else leaves you exposed.

Hope this helps.

I'll take a break for how ever long I feel lik and when I come back, I'll start with my lower tiered tanks and more mistake friendly ones (Russian heavies) and work my way back up with some of my friends that I platoon with often 

Listen to some non-rage-inducing music while playing.

After a bad game take a few minutes to think the game thorugh. In most instances I die due to my own failings (being over aggressive etc.). That helps you clear your head and get a clearer perspective.

If that doesn't work try combining it with spaming tanks that you enjoy playing, instead of some terrible tank, which you feel obliged to grind. 

Otherwise I take a break or end the session.

Edited by Birkovic

Thanks for reading this.  I recently got back into the game after a long break and have been playing for about a month.  I'm not sure why but every single thing I thought I knew about tanks seems to be wrong.  I solo pub alot and I know that isn't good but it is what I have for now.  My question:

What do you guys do in tanks when you need to 'reset' your gameplay?

I seem to be much too aggressive and I count on pubs way more than I should.  Have pubs gotten worse?  They are almost totally unpredictable now.

Well you start off asking what do to recover and end up blaming pubs for being bad.

I'm guessing you wanted to have some good games but got frustrated by both pubs and yourself.

What you should do is stop blaming pubs.

Funny, I noticed last night your on my ignore list

More than likely.  I have quite a few YOLO on mine as well.

Swap server and tiers I guess? Probably better to just find platoon mates, pretty easy with the invite system in game. If you really don't have a clan/friends not hard to find them especially with decent stats.

More than likely.  I have quite a few YOLO on mine as well.

Oh im sure.....

but I was referring to Jessicaelbow, my mistake for not quoting

Edited by Lindy

If you're losing games, there's always something you're not doing right. This even happens in games you win. So if a game frustrates you, stop and think about what you did wrong, and sometimes you don't know. If you want extended help there are people who will watch replays of a session and try to give you some pointers. Putting blame on random teams is to say that you are expecting something from them, which in most cases they will fail to deliver. Putting faith in them that they will help you is a mistake. The only thing they will do consistently is take hits, and block you. 

WoT isn't a difficult game to play, so you not playing well is YOUR fault. If you're #yoloswag every game, try playing some slower tanks that don't really allow you to play too aggressively. You will probably have some shitty games until you figure out how how to not yolo but not red line snipe.

and at the end of the day, this is a game, have fun, cause that's why we're all here.

I always got bad games when going too aggressive, then i realize when I did that, my pubs teammate cant provide support. So try to keep in mind whether your pubs teammate can provide support or not. If I'm not playing HT, I let them be meat shield and I flank or provide cover fire.