Canoodian

T-34-3 First impression: A solid and underrated premium tank.

206 posts in this topic

I kept mine - I know some of the better players make it work pretty effectively, but it's essentially a novelty tank for me - something different to play for laughs.  You could pick it up if you're a true completist, or you really need a Chinese med crew trainer and never got a Type 59, but I am personally not convinced it's worth the money otherwise.  It is fun to play at times, and it's an absolute riot when you see tier 6s (hull down and become essentially an absolutely impervious derpecutioner).  But I have to plan on my wr taking a hit whenever I do a session in this thing, b/c I have yet to figure out how to contribute consistently in it, and it's frankly just not worth the effort to me to do so.  So I play it as a fun change of pace, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 7:28 AM, Tanager said:

I kept mine - I know some of the better players make it work pretty effectively, but it's essentially a novelty tank for me - something different to play for laughs.  You could pick it up if you're a true completist, or you really need a Chinese med crew trainer and never got a Type 59, but I am personally not convinced it's worth the money otherwise.  It is fun to play at times, and it's an absolute riot when you see tier 6s (hull down and become essentially an absolutely impervious derpecutioner).  But I have to plan on my wr taking a hit whenever I do a session in this thing, b/c I have yet to figure out how to contribute consistently in it, and it's frankly just not worth the effort to me to do so.  So I play it as a fun change of pace, nothing more.

3/5/7 makes that quite rare, however.

I have enjoyed mine, although it's been a while since I played it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing this a good bit lately.   High alpha means good credits; only a couple penning shots means raking in a decent haul.  Fun as hell; not the most mobile medium, but mobile enough to flank.  Not the best armored, but you'll bounce enough stuff to make it worth your while, especially if you can wrestle the shit gun depression into a decent hull-down spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Been playing this a good bit lately.   High alpha means good credits; only a couple penning shots means raking in a decent haul.  Fun as hell; not the most mobile medium, but mobile enough to flank.  Not the best armored, but you'll bounce enough stuff to make it worth your while, especially if you can wrestle the shit gun depression into a decent hull-down spot.

The WZ-111 is just better in pretty much the same role. Tier 9 armour, speed is worse but acceptable seeing as the T-34-3 can't usually flank anyway, and better gun handling on top of that. Spam HE (goes without saying), Leave AP for low tiers and HEAT for tryharding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavawing said:

The WZ-111 is just better in pretty much the same role. Tier 9 armour, speed is worse but acceptable seeing as the T-34-3 can't usually flank anyway, and better gun handling on top of that. Spam HE (goes without saying), Leave AP for low tiers and HEAT for tryharding.

Never really tried HE in the thing all that much, given the long reload time.

Was in a match with 111 on my team last night, and it did seem pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavawing said:

The WZ-111 is just better in pretty much the same role. Tier 9 armour, speed is worse but acceptable seeing as the T-34-3 can't usually flank anyway, and better gun handling on top of that. Spam HE (goes without saying), Leave AP for low tiers and HEAT for tryharding.

I do think it flanks alright though.  It's not the fastest med in the world, but it isn't the slowest either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.