theangrytoast

Best Overall Tier 8 Premium Money Maker

45 posts in this topic

I do fairly well in my fcm (2k avg), but it has nowhere near laser accuracy nor does it out potential the is6 imo. The is6 also cant flee as well as it, but it doesnt flee very well and the is-6 is much more likely to never need to flee in the first place. What the fcm offers over the is6 is a higher paced tank experience. It has more excitement to it than the is-6. I cant say much about the 112, but im guessing its just a worse is6 with its even worse gun handling and terrible lower plate.

IDK how you dont think it can escape? Unless you are playing in the wrong place in the front lines. Its speed is amazing and similar to a med.

IS6 is a great tank until you pay anyone who is a great player, then it turns from amazing armor to "Oh shit no matter what I my turret is soft." Dont get me wrong it is very strong in pubs, but thats only because morons dont know where to shoot. Your armor melts vs other tanks with good drivers.

112 is a better tank for a purple than the IS6 IMO because its turret is a beast even vs T9`s. So where as the IS6 no matter what is showing weakspots to either 122mm guns for overmatch or vs 200+ Pen guns, the 112 once hull down is a nightmare to fight. But if you dont cover lower its doomed so newbs are bad at it. But with -6 and its turret so forward it can hide almost anywhere. Also its UFP is simply amazing. Its basically a 113`s armor at T8. Its 245 all the way around front and with angling is a cool 270ish with sides autobounce.

112`s biggest drawback is 250 HEAT round, but even that works in its favor sometimes vs Box tanks. E75  shrugs off 217 APCR. 250 HEAT hits Ferdi`s, other box`s and esp T54`s who are 50/50 with apcr but 100% with 250 HEAT.

Just like tanks like the 50b or T57 are balanced in a noobs hands but OP in a Purples hands so is the FCM and 112. They both have very high potential and very unforgiving abilities to noobs.

Also for a heavy or premium in general the gun I would say is laser like. Sure its not a T9/10 med. But in its class name another gun thats much better.

FCM gun is 200 DPM more than avg t8 med. It has more pen by a good number with its 212 vs 180-200. Its accuracy is respectable at .34 and its bloom while using turret is amazing. I`d say its pretty laser like for a T8 prem. Anthing better and you get to see 10`s. Also its so damned nimble it actually can peek a boom quite well when on corners with other heavies.

Yeah, the FCM is leagues worse than the IS-6, even for a purple player. The FCM's speed only goes so far.

Why do you think this rexxie? I mean obviously FCM needs heavier guys to support, but all in all its a great tank. I mean taking an Is6 on Prok is just as bad as FCM is on some city maps. And in a T9 battle I rather have FCM. Although IS6 is amazing in T8 battles. Do you mean its much better in sheer carry ability? Because when I mix all of the stuff including credit earning for a great player on both I`d say they are much more even in a 50-50 city/Field mix.

If you just support heavy push the tank is brilliant. And with its large DPM [on class] and huge pen it can take on enemies from range and it makes cred printing a dream.

Edited by SFC_Storm

I would never shoot the IS6's turret face unless I absolutely had to, it's really not that reliable to pen. Even if you know exactly where to shoot it, half your reticule will be covered in immensely thick armor. If you can pen that, you shouldn't be shooting the turret anyway. The roof is another story.

FCM is also not very good and got a fairly undeserved amount of love mainly because people were bored of slow, gold-hungry premiums and the FCM is neither of those. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but that's because it has pref MM. Most every T8 heavy (save Caern, KV-4, maybe O-Ho) is better than it in absolute terms.

But in its class name another gun thats much better.

Its class? Like, as a heavy? TONS of guns. Almost every T8 heavy has a better gun than the FCM, the only ones I'd rather not have are the 111/112's 122mms or the KV-4's 107. Alpha is immensely powerful, as are overmatch mechanics. Many T8 heavies also have a rather large effective DPM advantage over the FCM (a trait that I'm curious why you're touting - the FCM's DPM is solid enough for a medium, but that's mostly because T8 mediums have horrible firepower.). The Tiger H a tier lower even has a better gun than the FCM's.

As a medium? Quite a few, the Panther 88, Panther 2, and especially STA-1's guns are almost strictly better versions of the FCM's. It doesn't quite count, but the 416's gun makes the FCM's look horrendous. The CDC's gun is either slightly better or on par with the FCM's, depending on how you look at it. The FCM's gun is DEFINITELY nothing close to a laser, it's definitely very french.

There's nothing wrong with the FCM as a purchase, it's not a bad tank & certainly prints tons of credits, but I feel like your post has a rather hefty amount of misinformation and conjecture.

Personally I would recommend you to go for a tank that is fun to drive over one that has the best net earnings according to its stats.
The JT 8,8 is great, but incredibly tedious to play. You most likely won't be able to stand it after a million or so credits.

Now when it comes to fun I would choose tanks that have some speed. Inability to flex is going to suck after so many games in the tank. So no T34, no JT 8,8, no Löwe.
Pref MM is the next thing I would consider: Not being stuck in T10 battles with tatertards on your team will help a lot.

That said my personal prem tanks of choice are the IS-6, the KV-5 and the CDC. The IS-6 is probably the hardest carry premium, the KV-5 is lots of fun to play (you get to ram things for a lot quite often. Ram kills are always fun. :happyfish: the armor is also surprisingly troll even if your enemies know your weak spots: Juking around makes a lot of shots go into your strong areas.). The CDC is an odd ball since it struggles on a lot of maps, but if you like the play style of the Leopards and have the good map awareness needed for it it is so much fun (gottagofast). It's basically a glorified light tank that happens to earn a lot. The penetration isn't that great in T10 battles, but it is still good for a T8 medium and the mobility negates the need for APCR quite often.
--> If you like light tanks/Leopard style tanks the CDC is the most fun you can have in the game while also grinding credits.

If you don't run premium you need AP pen or a reliable way to work around the need for gold (accuracy positioning): T34 and Löwe get interesting, the JT 8,8 is also good. However if you are good enough, the CDC is probably the best non-premium money makes (while also being fun to drive).

Before you buy any of them however you really should consider waiting for the next test server and try the likely candidates (note however that the taterness of TS pubs can make some tanks appear a lot better *glances angrily at his JT 8,8*)

IDK how you dont think it can escape? Unless you are playing in the wrong place in the front lines. Its speed is amazing and similar to a med.

IS6 is a great tank until you pay anyone who is a great player, then it turns from amazing armor to "Oh shit no matter what I my turret is soft." Dont get me wrong it is very strong in pubs, but thats only because morons dont know where to shoot. Your armor melts vs other tanks with good drivers.

112 is a better tank for a purple than the IS6 IMO because its turret is a beast even vs T9`s. So where as the IS6 no matter what is showing weakspots to either 122mm guns for overmatch or vs 200+ Pen guns, the 112 once hull down is a nightmare to fight. But if you dont cover lower its doomed so newbs are bad at it. But with -6 and its turret so forward it can hide almost anywhere. Also its UFP is simply amazing. Its basically a 113`s armor at T8. Its 245 all the way around front and with angling is a cool 270ish with sides autobounce.

112`s biggest drawback is 250 HEAT round, but even that works in its favor sometimes vs Box tanks. E75  shrugs off 217 APCR. 250 HEAT hits Ferdi`s, other box`s and esp T54`s who are 50/50 with apcr but 100% with 250 HEAT.

Just like tanks like the 50b or T57 are balanced in a noobs hands but OP in a Purples hands so is the FCM and 112. They both have very high potential and very unforgiving abilities to noobs.

Also for a heavy or premium in general the gun I would say is laser like. Sure its not a T9/10 med. But in its class name another gun thats much better.

FCM gun is 200 DPM more than avg t8 med. It has more pen by a good number with its 212 vs 180-200. Its accuracy is respectable at .34 and its bloom while using turret is amazing. I`d say its pretty laser like for a T8 prem. Anthing better and you get to see 10`s. Also its so damned nimble it actually can peek a boom quite well when on corners with other heavies.

Why do you think this rexxie? I mean obviously FCM needs heavier guys to support, but all in all its a great tank. I mean taking an Is6 on Prok is just as bad as FCM is on some city maps. And in a T9 battle I rather have FCM. Although IS6 is amazing in T8 battles. Do you mean its much better in sheer carry ability? Because when I mix all of the stuff including credit earning for a great player on both I`d say they are much more even in a 50-50 city/Field mix.

If you just support heavy push the tank is brilliant. And with its large DPM [on class] and huge pen it can take on enemies from range and it makes cred printing a dream.

At 50 kmph it isnt that fast and with camo values more similar to a waffle than a medium 8, it isnt great at escaping at all.Its not a question of player skill. Its just really fat.

As for the 112 v is-6, the heat round is just better than the is-6's terribad gold round but  the is6 has more complete armour for facing multiple oponents whereas there is only 1 way to use the 112s armour. The extra speed is minimal so im not sure id call that a plus and I really have to emphasize how much worse the gun handling on the 112 is. Its really, really bad. 

sSRVEKY.pngIs-6/111/112

The fcms dpm is just meh for tier 8 heavies and doesnt actually have the amazing gun handling you praise it with. I didnt compare it vs all of the tier 8 meds but just picked a handful

Yeah, the FCM is leagues worse than the IS-6, even for a purple player. The FCM's speed only goes so far.

How so? Okay, I don't have the IS-6, just the WZ-111 but I utterly hate it. I know that the IS-6 is better but still: 175 mm of pen with century long aimtime and mediocre accuuracy means that you will miss a lot of 1000+ cred shells. Last but not least the armor is not that good either: turretroof, turretcheek can be penned, can't sidescrape becaues of thoose 45 degree armor thingy.

I have the FCM and I have no problem of dealing with IS-6s with it. It doesn't have much armor, but it lets you not to be overmatched like the CDC, you can sidescrape because of the huge track and the gun is very good.

Edit: I saw you already answered this question, so I'll answer to that very shortly:

STA's gun is better and the P88 has very good RoF and accuracy, but the PII has awful aimtime, just like the Indien. Centurion may have a good gun, but I played that tank a very long time ago.

I would not compare the FCM to heavies, since we all know how much of a HT the FCM is (almost as much as the SP is a MT).

Edited by Dodge94HUN
I may be blind

For a player with 2k battles I like to recommend the IS-6 or the SP. The IS-6 to train russian heavies crews and the SP in case that he wants to play the comfortable american meds. Both tanks are not that great for credit earning because you will use a lot of gold ammo.

I think around 2k games I was playing the Churchill 3 and T-25 as premium tanks matching my tier 5 Russian heavies and my German mediums... :-/ Not saying everyone is as slow as me but... 

Just don't make the mistake of getting a KV5.....

There are worse mistakes. Seriously, the KV-5 is perfectly serviceable. I wouldn't recommend it for a 2k battle player yet though, as it requires some good decision making at the start of the match to make the most of it.

IS-6 is a safer pick.

Edited by the_bolshevik

Ive played pretty much all of the premiums, sans the 112 (cause, 111 is better and cheaper), KV5 and the Lowe.

T34: Omg... so. boring. Sure you'll make great $ when you actually hit stuff. Don't expect to flex and win
SuperPershing: Most fun you can have with your pants on, but don't expect to make a lot of $. Cause, RR22
FCM 50t: Tank wishes it was a CDC. It'll make good $ cause of the lack of need to shoot prem but it's not a Win-All Be-All.
AMX CDC: Great tank if you're a good/great player, horrible if you're unable to utilize its abilities. Great $ maker, though
Lowe: No opinion other than I'll never own one unless gifted
Jgt88: Amazing Credit grinder. Grinder. Its a grind to play. But, it'll shit out credits in the right situation faster than most
Panther 8.8. Not horrible. Makes great credits, but mostly because there's almost no point in shooting APCR. I don't mind playing mine
IS6: Fun for about 800 battles. Then you realize you're doing the same thing over and over again. Not a great credit earner cause APCR, but WINS!!! better than the rest
KV5: Never owned, but @Rexxie is correct from what Ive seen
T54P: Needs the buffs its getting, and more. Its just above "not terrible" in my opinion
STA-2: Ok for what it is. Dont mind it, same category as the Panther 8.8 but with better HEAT pen of 275
112: Better @tier9 than the IS6 cause legit UFP, but meh. Tinder-box
111: I enjoy playing mine. Solid tank, but nothing stupidly special
T-34-3: Takes a special kind of masochist to play. Either loved or hated

Best Earners:
FCM 50t
Jgt88
T34

Best Winners:
IS6
SuperPershing

Easiest to Play:
Super Pershing
IS6
Jgt88

The SP is my best credit earner by far averaging almost 25k net per game.  I do a lot better with it than the JT88 currently but it looks like the JT88 will be getting a major buff in the next patch.  The SP is also one of the most fun tanks to play.  The E 25 is also a good, steady earner that is lots of fun to drive.  I net almost as much in it as I do with the JT88.

There are worse mistakes. Seriously, the KV-5 is perfectly serviceable. I wouldn't recommend it for a 2k battle player yet though, as it requires some good decision making at the start of the match to make the most of it.

IS-6 is a safer pick.

Agreed. I'm just over 2k games (casual player, usually once a month) and got the KV-5 after installing the game. I regret the mistake but have a 2 skill crew in it now with some success. I always pair up with another heavy with reasonable stats, stay out of their way and support them with harassing fire.

From someone owning the CDC, IS6, JT88, T34 ans the IS5 (but that one doesnt count really), get the IS6. Wont make loads of money, but is enjoyable unlike the majority of other premiums.

JT88 armor and top speed buff wont fix its inflexibility, same with T34s turret armor. IS6 is not blazing fast either but it has survivability and DPM while most other only have one of these (JT - DPM, survivability = shit because slow ass TD that turns like whale ; T34 - no DPM and is easily rushed, negating all of that survivability from the turret. They require too much of a passive play to carry in the current meta and neither are they fun unless you are a strange person.

CDC is too soft. Had it been introduced 2 years ago, it would have rocked, now its meh. Cant carry and gets T10 to to pit off. A sniper in a game where snipers are getting assfucked harder every patch.               Big thanks to APCR for gifting me this tank. It was quite a relief after the T34. Dont get me wrong. The tank is fine, its just the game not really fitting it right now. Its good for T8 SH though.

IS5 is a worse IS3 - gun stats, armor ; and a worse IS6 - more pen, worse soft stats, worse DPM, sees T10. Only useful in T8 money grind SH.

What i can say about the others is that none is actually good except the FCM and SP (god that buff). All the other are not money makers that you enjoy but crew trainers so your T10 doesnt have a shitty 2,5 skill crew at the end of the grind.

Dont listen to people saying *random T8 prem* is good. Humans frequently feel the need of self approval. Its kind of needed when you spend 40€ on a single pixel tank that is worse than what you can get for free. I know it was my case when playing the T34, but as i started to diversify i saw its pretty boring and limited. Not shit, but still.

Rexxie,

now that you got the t34-3 back, how is it? Would you recommend it here?

Like the Chinese mediums, had good times in type 58 and think t-34-1 is criminally underrated. The 34-3 looks like a better 34-2 with increased credit potential, am I wrong?

Edited by Smbakeresq

You are not wrong, it certainly is a better 34-2. If you enjoyed the 34-2 with its 122mm, you would like the 34-3. I dont think it is fair to use that as proof the tank is good though; even if you enjoyed it, I think most people would agree the 34-2 is bad.  Even a better version of it wouldnt necessarily be good.

With that said, I do think its good, although like most other things it really depends. Theres a skillset required to making it work particularly well; you need to know armor schemes, overmatch mechanics, how to deal with poor gun depression, how to best take advantage of high alpha, etc. All of this on top of knowing how to play a typical medium well. If this describes you, go for it. If it doesnt... well, youll probably join the ranks of the moaning "this tank sucks" crowd.

Well, I liked the Chinese mediums and put forth good effort and am trying to improve and like an odd tank. With gold through PayPal on sale it would be a good time to get some gold and a tank.