theangrytoast

Best Overall Tier 8 Premium Money Maker

45 posts in this topic

Best money-making capabilities? Probably the jag 8.8, the type 59 or the fcm 50t.

Best all-round pubber? Probably the IS-6 or the FCM 50t.

Special mention to the Super Pershing for the lolz moments against pubs, and the CDC for it's unbelievable flexing ability.

Those are my humble opinions, I can be wrong.

From what you said the FCM 50t sounds like a good option. Does it play like a 'normal' heavy tank (brawling/sidescrape) or is it a  support tank like the Tiger I or II?

Edited by theangrytoast
Typo

This is a really tough one, there's so many factors that go into this.

Statistically, the JT88 makes the most credits for most players. However, my personal statistics show the KV-5 is my best earner, despite having some of the best stats in both tanks.

Realistically, the JT88 and KV-5 don't make a whole lot of sense to use as your main source of income - the KV-5 might earn a lot for me, but for most players it's a gold hog. The JT88 might earn a lot of most players, but most players will find it the most excruciating to play.

Some decent middle ground options are the FCM 50t, T34, and IS-6. The FCM earns a lot, but isn't as good as a performer. The IS-6 earns considerably less, but is a very well performing T8 premium. The T34 also earns a lot, and performs slightly better than the FCM in T8/9 matchups - but it also gets into T10.

I would not recommend the Super Pershing, AMX CDC, T-54 Proto, Panth 88, STA-2, Kanon, or 112 as your first premium. The rest make make sense, but depend a lot on what balance you want of fun, performance, and income.

Sorry I couldn't give a clear answer.

Really, despite the stats and what actually makes the most, the real answer is the premium which youll find the most fun/least tedious to grind since all tier 8 prems make around the same amounts. For me, for a long while it was the is-6 as you just drive and click enemy tanks and have amazing armour to boot, but recently Ive gotten into the t-34-3. If there is one thing I suggest though, as you could probably garner from my 2 tanks of choice, its that you choose a vehicle with pref mm as that instantly makes it more fun to play as you never meet tier 10s and can always do damage. This will drop the amount of frustration you have grinding. Out of prefs id recommend the super pershing as your first as its very simple to play and has an excellent gold rounds. I would have recommended the is-6 first but now with the increase in armour its harder to use its low pen gun.

From what you said the FCM 50t sounds like a good option. Does it play like a 'normal' heavy tank (brawling/sidescrape) or is it a  support tank like the Tiger I or II?

Definitely a support heavy and actually a sudo medium. Its just a support heavy and medium without medium camo.

I would put a small or maybe medium preference on something with pref mm (because those vehicles are being phased out and will become unavailable later) and in a line that you are interested in for crew training.

The difference in credits isn't the sole factor, and probably the biggest factor is one that you will ENJOY playing, because forcing yourself to drive an unpleasant tank for credits is a recipe for disaster (see Rexxie's comments about the jag8.8).

Besides extra credits,  the main benefit for premiums is training crews, so try to stay with lines and classes you like to play. For example,  why not get a FCM over a Panther 88 when you have a good 50 100 crew but no German meds at all. Above all get something fun to drive, because you will be playing a lot of games in it instead of eliting it and moving on.

The STA-2 makes a decent profit, however it can be annoying to play, since the vision meta is outdated, and a papery tank doesn't do so well, but the IS-6 for all around best, since you can spam APCR and still make a profit should you manage to get the penetrations. Also, the IS-6, T-34-3, 112, and 111 can make use of overmatch mechanics to help offset their weaker penetration and meh to poor gold rounds.

I like the FCM the best all the way around. Aside from my 59 that is. But right now the FCM at 1700 DMG a game makes 50k+ and this isnt all that hard.

It cannot carry T8 games like the IS6 or 112, but in skilled hands can actually very effectively kill those carrying tanks as its pen is amazing. Also its -8 and laser like gun are great, and its speed means its much more fun as you can relocate etc.

Just like all heavy heavies the IS6 and 112 are more team dependant in the way that if your flank falls you cannot escape. The FCM however cannot hold a flank on its own, but support 2 true heavies can murder entire flanks.

Is6 has lower potential IMO but is much easier for the avg Green player. FCM is bad for the AVG player but in a Blue or Purples hands is amazing. Ans since 212 Pen is good enough 90% of the time it prints creds.

But sheer cred potential IMO is T34 all the way. Not only does it hit super hard but it hits T10`s hard and it boosts credits by a lot. But its not very fun.

Im so glad I have my 59, it really is perfect mix.

cdc is a good money maker and decent tank

but it can get tedicous to play in big doses because no pref mm and it can't really handle any aggression.

I like the FCM the best all the way around. Aside from my 59 that is. But right now the FCM at 1700 DMG a game makes 50k+ and this isnt all that hard.

It cannot carry T8 games like the IS6 or 112, but in skilled hands can actually very effectively kill those carrying tanks as its pen is amazing. Also its -8 and laser like gun are great, and its speed means its much more fun as you can relocate etc.

Just like all heavy heavies the IS6 and 112 are more team dependant in the way that if your flank falls you cannot escape. The FCM however cannot hold a flank on its own, but support 2 true heavies can murder entire flanks.

Is6 has lower potential IMO but is much easier for the avg Green player. FCM is bad for the AVG player but in a Blue or Purples hands is amazing. Ans since 212 Pen is good enough 90% of the time it prints creds.

But sheer cred potential IMO is T34 all the way. Not only does it hit super hard but it hits T10`s hard and it boosts credits by a lot. But its not very fun.

Im so glad I have my 59, it really is perfect mix.

I do fairly well in my fcm (2k avg), but it has nowhere near laser accuracy nor does it out potential the is6 imo. The is6 also cant flee as well as it, but it doesnt flee very well and the is-6 is much more likely to never need to flee in the first place. What the fcm offers over the is6 is a higher paced tank experience. It has more excitement to it than the is-6. I cant say much about the 112, but im guessing its just a worse is6 with its even worse gun handling and terrible lower plate.

Since then some things have changed

• 8.8 is a great moneymaker too, but can't flex enough so overall income will be lower.
  • CDC may be better than FCM since it shoots Xs, but you'll need a higher skill level and/or more luck
  • SP is shit for moneymaking because 170 pen and you're not going to overmatch stuff

plus the fact that the 8.8 will be buffed in upcoming updates:

- 88mm Jagdtiger speed buffed from 28 to 38 km/h

As a beginner just get the IS-6. The tanks is easy to play, quite forgiving and actually forces you to learn about weakspots.

Interestingly the FCM 50t has taken over from the JT88 according to VBA 

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?tier=0&tanktype=0&nation=0&premium=0&modeid=0&team=0&battles=1000&groupby=0&fieldname=creditsn&server=

T34 is high up there as well...

For me personally it's FCM 50t, Löwe (don't judge me), JT 88 (low battle count), T-34-85 (very low battle count), IS-6.

Also I don't think I started playing tier 8 premiums (T34) until I had and played the IS-3. I hope you are good enough to help your team at 2k games.