Solono

Do not link directly to illegal mods.

28 posts in this topic

I do not know why this section seems to be having trouble with this rule. But it is, enough to warrant a special announcement.

"- No linking to software or advertising actions which violates Wargaming.net rules (i.e. botting software), this includes discussions that explain how to use glitches, exploits or any other bug to give someone an unfair advantage in the game. "

You can talk until the cows come home about illegal mods, everything but linking directly to them.

Edited by Solono

You can talk until the cows come home about illegal mods, everything but linking directly to them.

6.11.14-Meet-Milkshake-the-Rescue-Cow-th

Ok, now what?

But... but... EU said even Warpacking is legal. :feelsbad:

<sarcasm>

And there I thought you guys were all legit purples. I knew it, SS was right: haxxxx everywhere!!11!!!!1

</sarcasm>

But... but... EU said even Warpacking is legal. :feelsbad:

I request an EU-only forum section which only members of the EU-server can view/post in to discuss illegal mods. :rngfu:

, this includes discussions that explain how to use glitches, exploits or any other bug to give someone an unfair advantage in the game

Why this part? Wouldnt something as simple as the square render box count as an exploit as regular players wouldnt know it and its a nice advantage? 

Why this part? Wouldnt something as simple as the square render box count as an exploit as regular players wouldnt know it and its a nice advantage? 

No, because it's not illegal. That section covers strictly violating outright unintended flaws in the game to gain an unfair advantage. Legal mods do give you an advantage, but everyone can use them and, of course, they are legal.

<sarcasm>

And there I thought you guys were all legit purples. I knew it, SS was right: haxxxx everywhere!!11!!!!1

</sarcasm>

It's Siimcy. The only reason he looks purple on wotlabs is because he's so red that the spectrum bottomed out and tipped slightly into blue again :doge:

No, because it's not illegal. That section covers strictly violating outright unintended flaws in the game to gain an unfair advantage. Legal mods do give you an advantage, but everyone can use them and, of course, they are legal.

Just for clarification as it relates to boats, would this mean not promoting the use of the blue line for erratic movement and fast retreats?

Just for clarification as it relates to boats, would this mean not promoting the use of the blue line for erratic movement and fast retreats?

You'd have to explain to me why it would violate the rule/s stated and if WG has deemed it illegal (or said anything about it).

You'd have to explain to me why it would violate the rule/s stated and if WG has deemed it illegal (or said anything about it).

I guess it was ambiguous, I can not think of a single instance in WoT where they came out and said don't abuse this, that was not mod based.  There are plenty of complete bullshit things in WoT that was abused (and promoted) until wargaming finally patched it.

...I guess the only thing that I can think of would be the pupeh guy who meta'ed the shit out of a contest and wargaming got pissed.

I am rambling: Perhaps some examples of past instances would help me know what is not allowed.

I guess it was ambiguous, I can not think of a single instance in WoT where they came out and said don't abuse this, that was not mod based.  There are plenty of complete bullshit things in WoT that was abused (and promoted) until wargaming finally patched it.

...I guess the only thing that I can think of would be the pupeh guy who meta'ed the shit out of a contest and wargaming got pissed.

I am rambling: Perhaps some examples of past instances would help me know what is not allowed.

In alpha, some WGNA employee threatened to ban a player I was platooning with for "abusing map border glitch" or something like that (he ran into the blue line by accident).

:v

Wait, so streaming with essentially warpack is fine?

Yep, it is.  There have been streamers playing with WarPack.  They have been numerous times reported.  You will never guess the reaction of WG EU ...

Darn, you did ... "How terrible".

Yep, it is.  There have been streamers playing with WarPack.  They have been numerous times reported.  You will never guess the reaction of WG EU ...

Darn, you did ... "How terrible".

To play devil's advocate here, why exactly should they be banned if WG EU thinks it's legal?
If they should be banned for using warpack, why not just report any streamer who plays without a vanilla client since it gives them an "unfair advantage" of sorts?
Obviously something like J1mb0's crosshair is not even close to being on the same level as warpack, but it's the principle that matters; both mods are legal by WG EU standards.

To play devil's advocate here, why exactly should they be banned if WG EU thinks it's legal?
If they should be banned for using warpack, why not just report any streamer who plays without a vanilla client since it gives them an "unfair advantage" of sorts?
Obviously something like J1mb0's crosshair is not even close to being on the same level as warpack, but it's the principle that matters; both mods are legal by WG EU standards.

Totally agree.
AW took a decision not to allow any mods.  I hope they stick to their decision.

Most legal mod I notice often is the auto-aim+ mod.  Not the one that targets weak spots, but the one that locks onto a tank if you right click anywhere near the enemy.  So often I see lights or meds while they are flying over obstacles, while I'm ducking and weaving, still being able to lock on and start spamming premium shells.  And I'm not talking about the most skilled players either.

I personally think there should be I set of mods that are banned for everyone. USA, EU, SEA,RU all should play by the same rules. No mods would be better than the current situation.

I'm curious to know who that employee was.

Username was <something>_WG (a user handle, not like demo_WG). I would probably recognize it if I saw it, but it wasn't anyone like gunlion.

It was definitely an employee, not someone who happened to have _WG in their username.